• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ivo

try to send me or paste here the list of your mods .. I could try to simulate your conditions and find out which of these mods are the most memory-consuming.. ;)) but guys from Bethseda have already said on their forum that patch 1.6 should repair all these lags and bugs..
CLARALUX - CLARALUX - More and Brighter Lights at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Playable intruments - Playable Instruments - Play and Bash at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Oblivious horses - Oblivious Horses at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Dovakin relaxes too - Dovahkiin Relaxes Too at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Cloaks of Skyrim - Cloaks of Skyrim at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Better Villages - Better Villages at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Warchief armor - Warchief Armor at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Beautiful Riften - Beautiful Riften at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Beautiful Whiterun - Beautiful Whiterun at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
A world quality map - A Quality World Map - With Roads at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Blades armour - Blades Armor Enhancements at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
QD Inventory - QD Inventory at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Unoffical Skyrim patch - Unofficial Skyrim Patch at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

However I heard that once you install a mod and then uninstall it, the save game and the script still have association with the old mod. My save is 7 months old, I installed and uninstalled many many mods. Also long ago I had DD installed. But the problems started a month ago.
P.s. I also tried 1.6 beta patch, still lagging.

Ivo

The 1.6 patch IS BLOATING the game as hell!!! I was on 1.6 beta (1.6.87), it was fine (still lagging, save - 18mb). Then I installed 1.6 (1.6.89 official), started playing and after 20minutes the save was 22mb! I uninstalled all mods, slept in my house for 3 weeks, the save went up to 23mb. Then the CTDs started. I got so mad, I uninstalled 1.6, installed 1.6 beta manually and for 1 minute play with all mods enabled the save went from 24mb to 23!!!
So I think the bloating as general comes from the patches. I remember when I updated from 1.4 to 1.5, the problems started. Unfortunately we cannot revert back to older patches and continue playing.

Cube

now my save just jumped from 26mb to 50mb in about 3 saves in a row.. no updating.. no new mods installed.. just so.. :confused:

what really helps to avoid to this issue is to stop playing Skyrim :D:D:D

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
For PC users the overwhelming majority of bloat comes from mods. A new patch may be incompatible with a mod which will create mod conflicts that didn't exist before. It's not a bad idea to uninstall your mods until your mod creators confirm that there are no conflicts with the new patch or that the conflicts have been resolved by a new version of the mod. Minimally, you should not overwrite any of your previously saved games until it becomes clear that there are no bloated saved game issues introduced with a new patch.

Mods that cause bloat must be completely removed. Deactivating a mod is not the same. Many mods come with scripts, meshes, textures, etc. that need to be removed as well. Scripts in particular can be a major cause for bloat and will continue to run in the game until removed.

Because the bloated data is already in your save game file, removing a mod will not reduce the size of subsequent saved games going forward from that saved game.

Cube

For PC users the overwhelming majority of bloat comes from mods. A new patch may be incompatible with a mod which will create mod conflicts that didn't exist before. It's not a bad idea to uninstall your mods until your mod creators confirm that there are no conflicts with the new patch or that the conflicts have been resolved by a new version of the mod. Minimally, you should not overwrite any of your previously saved games until it becomes clear that there are no bloated saved game issues introduced with a new patch.

Mods that cause bloat must be completely removed. Deactivating a mod is not the same. Many mods come with scripts, meshes, textures, etc. that need to be removed as well. Scripts in particular can be a major cause for bloat and will continue to run in the game until removed.

Because the bloated data is already in your save game file, removing a mod will not reduce the size of subsequent saved games going forward from that saved game.

true.. almost.. I disagree with the last paragraph.. the part of game-save file, that is increasing and causing this problem is just only the "papyrus script" section... and those scripts are erased in the same way how the game respawns all parts of Skyrim.. >> uninstalling bugged mod, deleting all of it's sripts, meshes etc., and in-game waiting is possible way.. this method worked.. for me... (75mb->18mb, 1 month ingame waiting)

I'm just curious, if moving of save game folder to another drive will help.. even if just a little bit..(*not only different partition on the same drive).. I'm going to try it... [update: it won't help :D .. but the fact that TESV.exe reads from (and also writes to) the save file on external hardrive (with moved default savegame folder) even if are all autosave options turned off is realy strange..]

Cube

wtf!?.. I've just tried turn on logging of papyrus script from VRAM to HDD and also the debug command (skyrim.ini in My Game/Skyrim) with:

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

and the size of the second *.log file (My Game/Skyrim) after 10mins of playing was 2,9gb.. (impossible even to open).. but the other one *.log file contains info about all corrupted scripts.. and this is quite a helpful...

Ivo

WOW, you'r recommendation is quite helpful. I activated those settings, loaded my game, played for 2 minutes (waiting for a lag), after the freeze I quickly saved and exited the game. The log is 50mb and its FULL with errors!!! A little part of it:
Papyrus log opened (PC)
[06/17/2012 - 06:55:55PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[06/17/2012 - 06:55:55PM] Memory page: 100000 (min) 5000000 (max) 1800000000 (max total)
[06/17/2012 - 06:56:02PM] Cannot open store for class "A_MMM_RemovalScript", missing file?
[06/17/2012 - 06:56:02PM] Cannot open store for class "PF_SendarCarryFirewood11x2_01004FAB", missing file?
[06/17/2012 - 06:56:02PM] error: Unable to bind script PF_SendarCarryFirewood11x2_01004FAB to (06004FAB) because their base types do not match
[06/17/2012 - 06:56:02PM] Cannot open store for class "PF_SendarCarryFirewood7x2_01004FAC", missing file?
[06/17/2012 - 06:56:02PM] error: Unable to bind script PF_SendarCarryFirewood7x2_01004FAC to (06004FAC) because their base types do not match
[06/17/2012 - 06:56:02PM] Cannot open store for class "PF_SendarCarryFirewood15x2_01004FAA", missing file?

Failed to read suspended stack from save game
[06/17/2012 - 06:56:38PM] error: Failed to read suspended stack from save game
[06/17/2012 - 06:56:38PM] (repeats hundred times)
Dumping stack 5693995:
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM] Dumping stack 5694005:
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM]Frame count: 0 (Page count: 0)
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM]State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM]Type: Normal
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM]Return register: None
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM]Has stack callback: No
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM]Stack trace:
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM][None].Firefly.OnUpdate() - (requested call)
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM] Dumping stack 5694009:
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM]State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM]Type: Normal
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM]Return register: None
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM]Has stack callback: No
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM]Stack trace:
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM][None].physicstraphit.OnUpdate() - (requested call)
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM] Dumping stack 5694010:
[06/17/2012 - 06:57:47PM]
Maybe 90% of the log repeats an error with HeadChopBlock2ManHookupScript. I guess this is the problem.
I think the papyrus deliberately freezes the game, as there're so many errors.

Sadly I think this save is terminally corrupted...

Cube

try to delete (but backup) skyrim/Data/Scripts/Source/HazardBase.psc; common/skyrim/Data/Scripts/Source/HeadChopBlock2ManHookupScript.psc or .pex and try again ;))

Cube

my save file went up to almost 90mb... so again I had to find what mod is causing this trouble.. and after removing "Tytanis" mod and waiting 30days in-game.. there's the result:

skyrim_save.jpg

Ivo

try to delete (but backup) skyrim/Data/Scripts/Source/HazardBase.psc; common/skyrim/Data/Scripts/Source/HeadChopBlock2ManHookupScript.psc or .pex and try again ;))
That's the thing, my script folder (no source folder) is clear, I have 10 scripts there. Also I waited more than a month, but the save is still looking for them. It appears some scripts can't be removed from the save....

Cube

if the save game scanner can read the save game file then with tools from creation kit (papyrus complier) it should be possible to remove those rows where's script that is no more in-game... at the end it should be simple xml table ;)) this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8216 should also remove old scripts, but for me it caused problems with corrupted save game.. you are possible to save.. but it is impossible to load the game.. for me ;)

exProphecy

hai hai. I wanted to bring up this issue again (sorry if I should make a new thread or use this one; this thread seemed most relevant) but I'm also having the bloating issue. My save file is currently 101MB >_< and I DID have mods installed before. I did a fresh install plus the newest update 1.6 and it started bloating like crazy! Before I did a fresh install, I had mods off the yin yang but had I believe patch 1.4 or 1.5. I'm guess we came to the conclusion the patches could be the culprit? My question though, what does ToggleScripts actually do? I found that when I disable the script processing and save, my save file was reduced by a few hundred kb (not big, but it's something). I tried waiting 31 days as well but it only went down a few hundred kbs. Anyone know what it does or if it's detrimental to leave disabled?

Cube

hai hai. I wanted to bring up this issue again (sorry if I should make a new thread or use this one; this thread seemed most relevant) but I'm also having the bloating issue. My save file is currently 101MB >_< and I DID have mods installed before. I did a fresh install plus the newest update 1.6 and it started bloating like crazy! Before I did a fresh install, I had mods off the yin yang but had I believe patch 1.4 or 1.5. I'm guess we came to the conclusion the patches could be the culprit? My question though, what does ToggleScripts actually do? I found that when I disable the script processing and save, my save file was reduced by a few hundred kb (not big, but it's something). I tried waiting 31 days as well but it only went down a few hundred kbs. Anyone know what it does or if it's detrimental to leave disabled?

hi,

maybe try this to analyze what scripts causes these problems (you can find it a few posts up written by me):

""turn on logging of papyrus script from VRAM to HDD and also the debug command (skyrim.ini in My Game/Skyrim) with:

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

and the size of the second *.log file (My Game/Skyrim) after 10mins of playing was 2,9gb.. (impossible even to open).. but the other one *.log file contains info about all corrupted scripts.. and this is quite a helpful...""

---------------

and one more question - mod called "Tytanis" - do you have this one installed? ;)) it's really hardcore save-game crasher.. ;)

exProphecy

Ahh yes I did the papyrus logging already and got a whopping 500,000kb .log file. It opens.. but it's hard to scroll since it's super laggy. I see lots of errors :sadface: I did previously install mods and did a reinstall so that's probably the culprit. I now only have texture mods.

I've never had Tytanis and I did a FULL CLEAN reinstall with no mods.. but now the save file is only becoming smaller by a few hundred kbs. I was hoping it would reduce in size but.. :sadface:

I guess there's no way to fix this yet? I wish I could just remove lines in the save file code but I don't have experience with doing that >_<

Cube

yep - that would be a really tough proposition to clear this save file... I don't know about any tool that has ability to edit the save game file.. only to read.. if is not working even the solution with waiting a month in game with all mods turned off, then the last chance is maybe to try "marts savegame de-bloatifier"... but something says me, that you already did that.. ;))

I've heard about one another solution... loading of the PC save-game on x-box and then switching back to PC.. but I've never tried this workaround...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts