RP question for Thieves Guild.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
So I want my Argonian character to eventually join the Thieves Guild, but so far he has been caught up in the civil war. When he does get around to it he is going to have a moral dilemma.

His problem is that he will absolutely not want to steal Madesi's ring, a fellow Egg-Brother. How can he join the guild without stealing from Madesi? I was thinking that he could steal it, then get himself caught, having to give the ring back, going to jail, or whatever happens.. after all that, Brynjolf still lets you in whether you fail or not.

Any thoughts?

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Pretend Madesi's family line was an old enemy of your family line and you would have no problem getting him into trouble out of spite?

Pete

Oh, the thief of virtue... He may be of your clan or not. It can't matter. Do it. Let it break your heart. Then, my friend, the feelings wrapped up in the guild will make more sense to you.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
The guard confiscates the ring, Madesi will get it back, no harm done(except to the elf mwahahaha)

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
Madesi is an egg-breaker, not an egg-brother! Send the cretin to jail without remorse.

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
I've never done this personally before but I figured it could work. You could steal the ring, drop it and purposefully fail the objective (Brynjolf will be disappointed but will still let you join). Then you could pick the ring back up and put it back in Madesi's box.

Twiffle

Easy, , just stand not sneak when opening the door on his stall, you will be caught with a 5 gold fine (i think), you can still talk to Brynyolf and join if you want, and it gives you an extra merchant with Brand shei, no harm done to anybody.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Easy, , just stand not sneak when opening the door on his stall, you will be caught with a 5 gold fine (i think), you can still talk to Brynyolf and join if you want, and it gives you an extra merchant with Brand shei, no harm done to anybody.

Great Idea! Thanks Twiffle <3 Cause I hate setting up Brand-Shei as well.. that works for my Argonian.. :)

Twiffle

So I did it like you said Twiffle. Tiberius stood brasengly and opened the lock, got caught, paid 5 gold, spent the night in jail and then joined the guild anyway. He still has his Egg-Brother friend and Brand-Shei to trade with and do his little side quest.

See its not all bad, , with a little thought, , :rolleyes:

Adam Warlock

So I did it like you said Twiffle. Tiberius stood brasengly and opened the lock, got caught, paid 5 gold, spent the night in jail and then joined the guild anyway. He still has his Egg-Brother friend and Brand-Shei to trade with and do his little side quest.

You don`t even need to get a bounty.
When you are supposed to acquire the ring , wait until Brynjolf starts his distraction speech , and then just go into a nearby building like a shop or the inn.
RP - thirsty , nervous , or needed (x) item
Wait an hour and when you come back out , you will have failed the assignment but will still be allowed into the guild.

Twiffle

You don`t even need to get a bounty.
When you are supposed to acquire the ring just go into a nearby building like a shop or the inn.
Wait an hour and when you come back out , you will have failed the assignment but will still be allowed into the guild.

Ooooo now this i didnt know, , i'll have to giv it a try, , thanks

Adam Warlock

I`d just like to know if you Argonians are so tight with each other , do you go ahead and give Deep-In-His-Cups 10,000 septims the SECOND time he brings you a hat ?

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I`d just like to know if you Argonians are so tight with each other , do you go ahead and give Deep-In-His-Cups 10,000 septims the SECOND time he brings you a hat ?

lol.... I've actually never encountered him, having not done the "A Night to Remember" quest very often.. hmm... I think Tiberius would defiantly NOT give him the 10,000 gold but maybe try to beat him down in price..Not physically beat mind you...

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
UPDATE: Tiberius no longer has Brand-Shei. He was killed in a vampire attack, as well as Aerin (who's going to follow Mjoll around like a puppy now?) :sadface: Tiberius is loosing citizens and Merchants alarmingly fast. Whiterun is a total ghost town now.. :eek:

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
UPDATE: Tiberius no longer has Brand-Shei. He was killed in a vampire attack, as well as Aerin (who's going to follow Mjoll around like a puppy now?) :sadface: Tiberius is loosing citizens and Merchants alarmingly fast. Whiterun is a total ghost town now.. :eek:

After 75hours of gameplay, I have not lost a single citizen on my current playthrough due to vampires (or dragons). Although Benjii is no thief so he spends all his nightime in the pubs getting pissed :p

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

After 75hours of gameplay, I have not lost a single citizen on my current playthrough due to vampires (or dragons). Although Benjii is no thief so he spends all his nightime in the pubs getting pissed :p

The Whiterun attack was during the day! Right at the beginning of the Stormcloak attack on the city... it was complete carnage!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts