• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Baroth approached the assassin,and sat on the wooden table in which hale's knife rested. He watched the assassin closley,waiting for him to utter his next words.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Serious for once, the man leaned forward. "Vampires. Thalmor supporting Vampires" Veridas was appalled that he'd given out even that much information. Then again, he had a fairly good idea as to what happened when you didn't answer questions when you were a prisoner. No point keeping dead weight around. "Don't expect any names. I'm a dead man already, if I'm lucky, so if you want to ask them their names, feel free to go to Falkreath and ask yourselves" the assassin sincerely hoped they followed his advice and went to Falkreath. Then again, maybe he didn't, because if the vampires found out who had told them...Shrugging, Veridas resigned himself to a few days of torture by the undead. This was, after all, a place of death. For them to get here would be effortless.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    *Dabiene*

She watched the scene before her as the two talked, and smiled. When Alice wrapped her arms around her and hugged her tightly she returned it. Rubbing her back she listened to the girl as she apologized for essentially, feelings she couldn't control. And Dabiene told her just that, "No, no it isn't a foolish thought. You can't control how you feel hun." She tilted Alices chin to look at her. "Never be ashamed you hear? I'm just merely... Shocked is all. I've never had a child or a husband as you both know. So essentially I'm... New at this. The only child I've cared for was Marie. She's a little younger than you. I will say this though, it will be an interesting thing for both of us. We hardly know each other on a personal level and yet do know so much about one another's past." She stroked Alices hair while adding, "Although something definately troubles me." She looked at the ceilling and sighed. "You know Alice, either you have no sense of smell, or you completely love the sent of a dirty woman in clothes because honestly I haven't had a bath in a week! Either that or you're just brave to fight through it!" She grinned, her canines showing slightly.

Standing up she swiftly but gently scooped up Alice with strength that at first glance one wouldn't think she would possess and chuckled, "And you darling, need to sleep. I'm sure your exhausted and still be a bit tired tomorrow." Looking at Simus she asked, "I hate to be intruding more but is there a place where I can freshen up at well? After that I can do that shopping that you said Alice was going to do. It's the least I can offer." She smiled. "And you probably should get back to your men. If what the man named Baroth said about an assassin running lose... That isn't too good."

Hale Loneshadow

"Vampires...damned vampires again," Hale muttered, recalling the events of over 6 months ago. He turned to face the group, now all gathered in the area to witness the interrogation that Hale was conducting. Speaking louder so that all could hear, Hale gave his two cents.
    "All things considered, vampires should be the least of our worries. However, it is possible that they know now where he is, and if that is true, then may I suggest...relocation? I'll explain more once Simus returns, for he should be here to hear this and give testament as to how we should proceed. He is after all, our fearless leader!"

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Baroth nodded,"Indeed." He said,"In the mean time,i'll watch him." Baroth looked straight in to the dark green eyes of the assassin.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Jailani had stepped back to watch the interrogation of the assassin unfold. She knew these kind-hearted knights wouldn't torture the assassin if they could help it. No glory for them in making a man scream in pain in a dingy catacomb. But it was no surprise when he agreed to give up his information; she had already calculated that he could increase his pay if he helped the rebels out and then betrayed them. Whether he would succeed remained to be seen.

She jumped a little when she heard that the assassin was hired by Thalmor-supporting vampires. This sparked her interest. Any chance to hurt the group whom she had so admired, and yet had spurned her, was worth taking in her eyes. She also saw that if this rebellion succeeded, it might strengthen the Empire, and the Thalmor would not like that... Jailani kept a straight face on the outside, but inside she was grinning devilishly. "Nachael dear, I heard the name Simus... would he be the man to see in order to join this uprising?" She asked in a play-innocent voice.

Nachael, meanwhile, was soaking in all that had just transpired while the others questioned the assassin. A couple years back, he had believed he might finally be free of Jailani. He hated to see her; it brought up too many bad memories, and it tainted the good ones. By the time the assassin had finished his laughing outburst, Nachael had calmed down some. When Jailani asked about Simus, he answered almost flatly, with the slightest tone of contempt, "Don't even try to join. Your being here is bad enough for us, and being around them" he pointed to his fellow rebels, "can't be healthy for someone like you." He paused. "I know well that you can find Simus on your own. But don't. I see that you have your own agenda that you want to push- you always do- but don't. In the past when we've run into each other, it was on some journey away from civilization and we couldn't part ways. But this time you can. Nothing is keeping you here. Go."

Jailani put on her disarming smile that usually worked on other people. "Honey, you know I won't do that. I am going to join this rebellion, and then there will be something keeping me here!" she said with a chuckle. She started for the passageway to the surface, but stopped mid-stride.

Nachael called to her, "Don't call me 'honey'."

"Yes, dear," she mocked

Nachael shook his head. He walked over to the ranger who had been interrogating the assassin and extended his hand to him. "Hello, sir. I'm Nachael. Good to see more people eager to fight oppression." Nachael said in a lower voice, "You saw the woman who helped that assassin up? Through my history with her I've come to expect that she's got her own agenda behind her desire to join this uprising, though I don't know exactly what it is. Anyway, I'd like to ask a favor. Since I'd assume that you've probably known Simus longer than I, it being unlikely that a stranger would be allowed to take charge of such a situation as this, I ask that you advise the general that the woman has some ill plans which she means to carry out using our group as a vessel." Speaking louder, he continued, "I believe I caught your name earlier. Hale, was it?"

Jailani was out the door with her things by the time Nachael was done forewarning Hale. "Now to find some naive member of the rebellion who will tell me where Simus is," she thought to herself. Given her adeptness at manipulation and her jewelry enchanted to make her even more effective, this would be easy.

Hale Loneshadow

With a tremendous tug, Hale pulled the embedded knife from the oaken table. Twirling it around his hand once, Hale sheathed it, turning towards the man that was whispering to him.

"I thank you for the warning, Nachael. And you are correct in presuming that Simus and I go back. My name is indeed Hale, Hale Loneshadow. It is good to see another with a calculating mind here," Hale spoke to him in the same hushed tones. As she walked out of the door, the Ranger began speaking in normal tones, "I sensed some magical dweomers emulating from her, though I could not tell from where. In any case, I will tell Simus that is the case with her, and that it was you who warned me, I'm sure he'll appreciate it."

Hale then leaped up onto the same table, and addressed the group at large, his deep, loud voice demanding attention from the gathered rebels.

"All right, everyone! It seems that most, if not all of us are gathered here now, and while Simus should be back down here shortly, he did ask me to relay some orders to everyone for the time being! We are all to begin training, though I do have some ideas in that regard. Give me a minute!"

Running down an inner corridor to the armory, Hale returned minutes later with an armful of hand-and-a-half wooden swords. "As we have been training against naught but dummies, I highly doubt that any of Ulfric's men, especially his elite Chosen brigade, will simply stand there and allow us to strike them! Therefore, I think it prudent for some...friendly sparring!" the ranger finished with a sly smile.

"Everyone, grab a partner and begin!" Setting down his own blade and replacing it with one of the wooden swords, Hale set his eyes on the Dunmer woman who was more than she appeared, at least to his experienced eyes. "You, there! I apologise for not knowing your name, miss, but you appear agile and light on your feet, a good match for me it would seem. Come, humor an old ranger and spar with me if you would!" He winced as he unintentionally revealed a bit more than he had wanted about his origins, but he hoped the rest of them would dismiss it as casual humor.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Baroth leaned on the table and continued to watch the assassin. He heard hale's words but decided to wait for his partner. He drew his gaze from the assassin to the others in the room,looking for who he would be sparring with.

Aethalia

Aliah dismounted her mare, tossing the stable man a purse of gold. " Take good care of her" she instructed. She passed through the gates of Whiterun ignoring the glares of the Nord guards. She'd come to city because she'd heard rumors of some rebellion against Ulfric. Unfortunately, her bright, red hair, height and elven features attracted unwanted attention. Aliah was hardly a novice to battle. The bladesinger had slain dozens of enemies in her eighty years of existence. As she entered the city, the Altmer vampire sensed life inside the hall of the dead. She found this strange, and decided to explore. Entering the tomb, she kept her hands on her ebony swords ready to defend herself. She spotted a man bound, under watch by several men. Stepping into their field of vision, she said, her voice light and friendly " well what's going on here?"

Hale Loneshadow

Before he could begin sparring, another unfamiliar voice echoed in the training room. Swiftly drawing his greatbow, Hale once again drew an arrow from its sheath and spun around, only to find himself staring down an exotic, not to mention striking Altmer woman. Knowing that that is exactly what could make this woman even more dangerous, the Ranger spoke with some amusement, "Is it really so simple for one to find their way down here now?" keeping his arrow trained on her heart.

Aethalia

Laughing softly, she held her hands away from her sides. " Not so hard for those that are observant" she assured the man. She shifted her weight from foot to foot, preparing to dodge if the man spooked and fired his bow. However, she doubted he would shoot without provocation. " I hold no ill will towards you or your comrades " the vampiress couldn't help but glance curiously at the man who was bound.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Baroth saw her starring and stepped into her view. "Can i help you with something?" He asked,his arms crossed. He didnt want the assassin influencing another person into his service. He new the ways pf assassins,silver tongues and silver daggers.

Aethalia

Switching her focus from the assassin to the other man, who seemed to be some sort of knight. " I'm curious, what is chat mans crime?"
    She inquired, wondering whether these rebels were simply vagabonds. Heavily armed vagabonds, but brutes nevertheless. Her gaze became less friendly and more predatorial. "Unless I am mistaken in believing you oppose Ulfric?"

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Baroth studied her cautiously,"So is that why you've come? Too root out our little uprising? I'm guessing you heard the rumors then." He said,acknowledging her quite.....direct entrance. And if she hadn't heard the rumors,she was a damn good guesser.

Aethalia

"Of course I heard of the rumours" she didn't take her gaze off the knight. She was wondering about her wisdom in entering the place. She was Altmer, and worse, a. vampire. If the people in the room realized it, they would never trust her to help them. If the worse came to happen perhaps she could distract them by freeing the assassin and running for it.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Baroth could see the suspicion in her eye,same as the assassin. He nodded,"I suppose you've come to join then?" He asked,giving her a questioning look.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice squealed with both surprise and delight as Dabiene took her into her arms. A big smile took over her face as Dabiene consolde her and addressed her as "darling." She folded her arms across her chest and snuggled into Dabiene's chest.

"You're right." Alice cooed. "It is fun to be spoiled. A girl like me could get used to this."

"Oh really?" Simus said, giving her a playful smile. "Would you like me to dress and feed you like when you were five? Maybe pick up your boom-boom?"

"Point taken." Alice said with a sigh, giving her father her I'm-not-five-anymore look.

"Well Dabs I guess I'd better get going." Simus said. "There's a washroom across the hall with everything you need to clean up."

"You can also borrow some of my clothes if you want to change." Alice said. "I have lots to choose from and most of them have a resize enchantment so they'll conform to your body when you put them on."

"Just bare in mind that her closet is a bit bigger than it looks. Be careful you don't fall in!" Simus said. "All right, I've got to get going. I'll be back to check on you two as soon as I can. I assume you're joining our little rebellion Dabs? If so then your first assignment is to take care of Alice untl she's well. I'd ask you not leave her alone so don't worry about the groceries right now. I suspect you two need time to get to know each other anyway."

Simus offered his hand in thanks. "Hey, I'm glad we talked. That all three of us could talk. You're always welcome in our home Dabs."

He then turned to Alice. "I'll be over at the Hall of the Dead if you need anything. You know where it is. Call me or send Dabs if you need anything okay?"

"I'll be all right dad." Alice said, fatigue catching up with her. "I just need some sleep."

He leaned over and gave Alice, still in Dabiene's arms, a kiss on the forehead.

"Sleep well little faerie." He said, having nothing but love for her. He then turned to Dabs. "I think you're going to enjoy this time together. You two need each other I think."

Simus then headed downstairs and went out the door. (OOC: You can still RE Dabs, I just want to get Simus out of the house.)

A short walk later, Simus found himself back in the Hall of the Dead and in the training chamber where the squad was organized less than two hours ago. There were however several new faces and this worried him: There was Hale of course, and the Nord warrior whos name Simus couldn't remember who warned him of the asassain. There was also the asassain himself who appeared to be well restrained, another Nord warrior and an Altmer who had the unmistakable look of the Thalmor. Eiline was also here, along with Nachael and a new redguard woman. Raylen, Arillous, Alex, Garrick, and Titus were nowhere to be seen but Simus assumed they were around somewhere.

"Looks like we've got some company." Simus said, gripping his two Imperial swords but not drawing them yet. So many new people who weren't supposed to be here was a sudden, unpleasent and dangerous surprise and Simus was not at all happy. "Someoen want to tell me what in Oblivion is going on here, or may I assume we've been compromised?"

He gave everyone in the rooom a ball-busting look, especially the Thalmor woman. He bored holes through her with his eyes, making no effort to conceal the hatred that leaked through.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    Soldin watched the byplay between the other knight and the newcomer. He was keeping a close eye on the assassin and even though he was suppose to grab a partner he had a feeling in his gut. Something telling him to keep guard like he was always told. He was a master of the Greatsword after all, with exceptional skill wearing heavy armor. Perhaps he could wait for a little longer before Simus showed up.

However, as the two continued talking, Soldin noticed the woman become even more uneasy. Sure, she was an Altmer, and maybe a Thalmor, but from the look in her eyes she saw maybe a hint of revenge, and a hunger of justice. Or was it hunger for something else....? He looked closer and saw that she was a vampire. He didn't judge her of course, even though he was apart of the Dawnguard he didn't slaughter every vampire he saw. Some vampires were friends of his in fact, dispite being a werewolf.

Just when he was about to defuse the situation, Simus strolled on in and he looked right ticked off. Of course that was probably due to seeing the assassin first hand and of course seeing an Altmer in the room. Keeping his ears tuned in mainly to the assassin he spoke up to Simus. "You must be Simus then!" He looked at the assassin one more time just to make sure, but backpeddeled to Simus while keeping a huge eye on the tresspasser all the same. Once he reached the Commander he put a hand on his shoulder. "Been waiting for ya." He gave a half smile. Seeing as Simus was about to burst he quickly but quietly added into the mans ear, "I don't think the assassin is going anywhere. I've been keeping a hawk like eye on him. As for the Altmer, I have a gut feeling that she's alright. Though I think she doesn't think the same about us, although to give her credit, we do look like a bunch of criminals with some 'poor man' tied up hm?" He looked at Simus with his blue eyes and gave a nod. "I'll keep watching him if you want. I usually guard many things for the Dawnguard, especially high ranking vampires for information. I've been doing it since you got here. Unless you really want me to spar with someone like Mr. Hale said?" Soldin folded his arms and went back to staring down the assassin. Oh no, the man was going no where under his guard.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts