• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
Random encounters in skyrim are rather funny, sometimes strange and odd. I would love to share my findings when I get the chance. (Which is now. Anyways)
I would share what I know on the subject. As well the location if I remember.

Bounty Collector:
I was strolling around the wilderness near Whiterun and there was a man, on a horse accompanied by an IMPERIAL. I thought he was one of the people who had SHINNIES that were going to the emperor's cousin, Victoria (Thats her name right?) wedding. I killed them both and FAENDAL was my companion, well apparently he didnt like what I was doing so, he left my side and started to attack me. I killed everyone else including the horse except for Faendal because I wanted to do the Training Cheat with him.

Then a bounty Collector FROM whiterun (most likely because I had a 3,000 g bounty) came and attack me on sight, so I killed him.. Thinking he had a note on him to kill me like an Assassin or a Hired Thug.

He just wanted me to pay for my crimes.. :eek:

Hired Thug:
Im a thief in the game so I get them after me lots of times. But what I found weird is that they seem to follow me around when im doing the quest to kill the emperor for the dark brotherhood
(where you make the soup thingy to kill him but he wasnt the real emperor.) the part where you appear by the docks or near them after taking the staircase the warps into existence for that one quest. I couldnt fast travel then until they were killed. They wouldnt kill me or anything, they just followed me.
Maybe Lady Black Brior is going to send more after im finished with her.

The Dark BrotherHood Assassins:
One came after me. ONCE. I was travelling to a place between Markarth and a bandit camp to get to the (cant remember name :oops:) Blade's camp. (I call it camp but Delphine and Esbern lives there. The place where Alduin's wall is.)
One was sneaking down the walkway and I was going to look in his inventory for some gems and money but I remembered the dark brotherhood's clothes and I saw him holding a blade. That was the end of a poor assassin.. :D

Guard:
They said "My Sword is blunt. It cant even cut bread." So I was going to repair it for him, but he didnt give me the sword. o_O it was rather odd. But I guess its something like "The RANDOM MOMENT" or "MESSING WITH YOU" or something..

M'aiq

M'aiq The Liar
Dead Rabbits.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
When someone follows you into your house or an establishment you've just entered. And you weren't even talking to them in the first place! They start their little conversation with you outside (not that I'm listening) and end it inside. It's like, "Get outta my house, jack!" :D

And then they leave anyway. Guess they feel like they have to complete their sentence. :)

Kamau

Quiet Warrior
Random battles already going on are always amusing. Hagraven vs. Spriggan. Spriggan vs. Troll. Giant vs. Dragon.

M'aiq is always fun to chat with when you spot him. (I see he has joined the Forums? ;))

Haha! Once I was in the icy areas near Winterhold and I attacked what I thought were bandits hunting a Sabre Cat... but they were Ria and Vilkas of the Companions! Boy were they mad... It's hard to see in the harsh snows.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Mmm, the flying guardsman comes to mind. Have had this glitch happen multiple times. A Whiterun guard spawns high above the town (higher up than the Bannered Mare), falls to the ground and dies...happens almost everytime I visit the city. You'd think by now they'd have realized the deaths coincide with my visits and would deny me entry, but the guards at the gate couldn't care less... ;)

I also enjoy random encounters with meercenaries and skooma-smugglers. The mercs are fun to goad into a fight so you can kill them and take their stuff. The skooma-heads are easy to piss off, too.

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
I found a dead rabbit by a wolf...
Wolf killed rabbit much? XD

When I started the game, a helgen guard got hit or carried up REALLY REALLY REALLY high in the sky, then I stood there watching him come back down to earth.. It was funny.

Fus Ro Da'ing Slaughterfish somehow amuses me because they get shot out of the water and flies into some other part of the water xD

Random people coming into my home? Its scary.
I often find that guy that buys cabbages and leeks walking in and out of my home, as well as the Alk'ir people that are stationed by the gate of whiterun.

I was jumping around thinking its Oblivion where your Acrobatics go up when you jump around, I jumped over the ledge infront of the excecution block in Solitude while it was going on, and the guards came after me. I ran out of there and dont have the guts to go back in there to sign up for the Imperials.

| Long live both sides. |
N6MSj.jpg

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
I find it odd. That.. No one is my follower and people keep telling me "It looks someone is following you right now"

Faendal was my follower then he left, now when I go back to him, he tells me the same thing. So does lydia. I only had Barbas with me, but he left.
Is it that Farkas is waiting for me at the Dutsman's Coin?

dunklunk

I find it odd. That.. No one is my follower and people keep telling me "It looks someone is following you right now"

Faendal was my follower then he left, now when I go back to him, he tells me the same thing. So does lydia. I only had Barbas with me, but he left.
Is it that Farkas is waiting for me at the Dutsman's Coin?

Yeah, but wasn't Farkas just a Shield Brother at the time? Y'know, he wanted to make sure you didn't disgrace the Circle or whatnot for that quest. But I guess that would count as a Follower, even though technically he's not one. You couldn't even send him home if you wanted to.

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
Yeah, but wasn't Farkas just a Shield Brother at the time? Y'know, he wanted to make sure you didn't disgrace the Circle or whatnot for that quest. But I guess that would count as a Follower, even though technically he's not one. You couldn't even send him home if you wanted to.

That makes sense. I guess he can be a follower. But I thought it doesnt count since I told him to meet me at the place. Anyways. No followers for me now, since im too lazy to do the quest or im tired of replaying that quest.. =3=

dunklunk

That makes sense. I guess he can be a follower. But I thought it doesnt count since I told him to meet me at the place. Anyways. No followers for me now, since im too lazy to do the quest or im tired of replaying that quest.. =3=

Very true. But if you complete the quest and move the story along, then you can get whatever follower you want/need. All the Companions more or less turn into your followers once you're totally done with their questline, right? Or is it before completion? I forget, since it's been a while since I completed it on my first playthrough.

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
Very true. But if you complete the quest and move the story along, then you can get whatever follower you want/need. All the Companions more or less turn into your followers once you're totally done with their questline, right? Or is it before completion? I forget, since it's been a while since I completed it on my first playthrough.

Afterwards when you become the Harbingar (Idk how to spell it xD )
:I
But I guess you can use the shield brothers that accompany you to go to a place, like Farkas, as a follower, like use him as a follower in tombs etc. I did that sometimes, but his NO CRIME FACTION annoyed me. So I told him to go to the place :O

dunklunk

Afterwards when you become the Harbingar (Idk how to spell it xD )
:I
But I guess you can use the shield brothers that accompany you to go to a place, like Farkas, as a follower, like use him as a follower in tombs etc. I did that sometimes, but his NO CRIME FACTION annoyed me. So I told him to go to the place :O

No worries on the spelling, Paulette. It's not like they bend over backwards for you once you become their leader. So I don't think they have a clue, nor do they care how it's spelled. ;)

At least they're not as disrespectful as Vex. :mad:

I think that barman at the thieves guild is worse. He still calls me 'Brynjolf's Protege' while i'm his boss :sadface:

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
Oh, no s***. I forgot about that d-bag. I'd fire his ass if the game would let me. ;)

Cant we kill him?
>:3
He needs to die :O

dunklunk

Cant we kill him?
>:3
He needs to die :O

Yeah, I tried, Paulette. Oh, how I tried. Plugged him with at least six arrows, and all he did was drop to his knees. Then he'd get up as if nothing happened. What did I get outta that?! Got myself banned from the Guild and fences until I coughed up 1,000 gold. And he's still talking that same trash. Forget the arrows! What I'd like to do now is grab that broom outta his hands and bonk him upside the head with it. ;)

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
Yeah, I tried, Paulette. Oh, how I tried. Plugged him with at least six arrows, and all he did was drop to his knees. Then he'd get up as if nothing happened. What did I get outta that?! Got myself banned from the Guild and fences until I coughed up 1,000 gold. And he's still talking that same trash. Forget the arrows! What I'd like to do now is grab that broom outta his hands and bonk him upside the head with it. ;)
So the thieves guild is like The College? Kill/Attack someone and you gotta pay for them? :eek:
I never dared to waste my money on that xD

dunklunk

So the thieves guild is like The College? Kill/Attack someone and you gotta pay for them? :eek:
I never dared to waste my money on that xD

Yeah, pretty much. Got banned from the college, too. Not that I'm trying to be a bad boy (cuz I'm not) but the damn elf got in the way of my shot. Then Tolfdir (sp?) goes all Gandolf on me and says in order to return to the college, blah, blah, blah. Though I was a few credits shy ;) of becoming Arch Mage at the time, I still had to pony up the coin. I actually don't think it woulda mattered even if I was Arch Mage at the time!

Isn't the DB like that, too? Don't steal from or attack any other members and you're fine? See, that's one faction I did not get banned from. Yet another reason why they're my favorite! :)

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
Yeah, pretty much. Got banned from the college, too. Not that I'm trying to be a bad boy (cuz I'm not) but the damn elf got in the way of my shot. Then Tolfdir (sp?) goes all Gandolf on me and says in order to return to the college, blah, blah, blah. Though I was a few credits shy ;) of becoming Arch Mage at the time, I still had to pony up the coin. I actually don't think it woulda mattered even if I was Arch Mage at the time!

Isn't the DB like that, too? Don't steal from or attack any other members and you're fine? See, that's one faction I did not get banned from. Yet another reason why they're my favorite! :)

Well if you attack the DB. I know I accidentally killed that "spider" in the dark brotherhood thinking it would kill me, but it was ACTUALLY friendly. Astrid got mad with the other DB npcs and attacked me. I dont think Babette was one because I swore I saw her sitting down in the chair eating/drinking the WHOLE time.
I guess if you stole or attacked in Oblivion then you would get kicked out or have to pay. Never tried it though :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts