• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
This is infuriating! Not only did bandits kidnap my wife, but Llewelyn was killed defending the house! I rescued Aela, fear not, but my steward is not offering to purchase another bard. I WANT another bard! I've been to the bards college, and they are a useless bunch on nonsense-peddling fools.

So how do I get another bard to come to my house? Be careful... Aela has an arrow at the ready to shoot any messenger who tells me that it cannot be done! Does anyone have good news?

Adam Warlock

I also have had Llewellyn killed by a bandit in my 1st game.
Sorry to say there is no replacement.

On a newer character , I am trying to prevent this from happening again after bandits came INSIDE Lakeview Manor and Llewellyn only managed to survive because one of my Dead Thralls was taking all the punishment.
So I had Rayya follow me to the cellar and told her to wait there.
Then when I had Llewellyn ALONE upstairs , I cast Paralyze on him !
While he was down , I went into Sneak and rapid-fired Pickpocket on him until his inventory screen appeared before he could stand up.
Then I planted enchanted shield (w/health), bow/arrows/1h weapon(w/ absorb health) on him !
Now he`s got some armor rating as well as a vampiric Glass War Axe,etc. to defend himself.

If you are going to do this , be sure to lower your hands before the pickpocket .
I forgot to do this and when Llewellyn recovered from the spell , he was ready to fight me with the weapons I had just given him !
I quickly yielded and he put his axe away saying , " I guess I`ll let you live this time."
That was worth a good 3 minute laugh!

I went to such lengths since imo the Nightingale is the best singer you can hire

Adam Warlock

The above method is also useful for giving better gear to spouses who are not also followers.
Shields and weapons only , NPC such as these will only wear their default clothing/armor.
Would not recommend any weapons/staffs with area of effect damage since they may aggro friendlies when using them.
I also plant Healing Potions but have not yet seen any consumed

Note- For Paralysis ability , you can avoid having to level Alteration by going to Snapleg Cave and obtaining the staff there.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Put away the arrow, Aela. This is disturbing news. Who will sing songs of my deeds and misfortunes? Who will entertain at my parties?

This will require a LOT of killing. Bandits far and wide will hear the news of my coming, yet will tremble in the face of the thundering hooves of Nordic apocalypse. They'll make famous my Nordic mace "Ale Smasher."

Adam Warlock

Put away the arrow, Aela. This is disturbing news. Who will sing songs of my deeds and misfortunes? Who will entertain at my parties?

This will require a LOT of killing. Bandits far and wide will hear the news of my coming, yet will tremble in the face of the thundering hooves of Nordic apocalypse. They'll make famous my Nordic mace "Ale Smasher."

Sounds like it`s time for you to get a party house for vacations !

Recommending Windstad Manor with a bedroom wing.

The ocean view from the deck is the perfect spot for Sonir to sing of your exploits .

AND THERE`S PIE !

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale

Sounds like it`s time for you to get a party house for vacations !

Recommending Windstad Manor with a bedroom wing.

The ocean view from the deck is the perfect spot for Sonir to sing of your exploits .

AND THERE`S PIE !
Perhaps you're right. I wonder if I could get Narri from Falkreath visit...

JClarke1953

The above method is also useful for giving better gear to spouses who are not also followers.
Shields and weapons only , NPC such as these will only wear their default clothing/armor.
Would not recommend any weapons/staffs with area of effect damage since they may aggro friendlies when using them.

Note- For Paralysis ability , you can avoid having to level Alteration by going to Snapleg Cave and obtaining the staff there.

On giving new gear to spouses? Do you mean battle gear, or different clothing?

Adam Warlock

weapons/shields will be used by them when they fight but they won`t use different armor or clothes

Dovahkiir

As I'm on PC I open up the Creation Kit and tick the boxes on all my favourite NPC's and mark them as "essential"

damn vampires, Whiterun would be empty by now otherwise...

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

OMFG!!! A STAFF or paralysis! How did I not think of that!?! Thank you so very much. Once again, your pool of knowledge astounds me.

Adam Warlock

weapons/shields will be used by them when they fight but they won`t use different armor or clothes

Further experiments with paralyze/pickpocket technique with friendly NPC like bards and non-follower spouse have been quite "revealing" .

When the NPC`s inventory reveals equipped clothing or armor(some like Ysolda do not), you can remove such without the Perfect Touch perk.
If you leave at least one worn item on them , they will continue the game without wearing anything where items were removed elsewhere(no replacement accepted)
But if you take all of their equipped gear , you can afterward take same to an enchanting table.
Once enchanted , you can return it all by same method before the NPC respawns new duds and when they do respawn they will be wearing the enchanted gear.

I was able to further apply this technique with followers who were giving me trouble wearing the clothes I wanted them to wear.

For instance , I wanted to use Marcurio as a pure mage.
While he would readily don a hood and gloves in empty spots , he was reluctant to switch to improved robes and boots since they had no armor rating.
So I took him to my house , got him alone , gave him some iron armor and iron boots to wear(necessary to view default gear in inventory) and then dismissed him.
Before he could walk away or change attire , I paralyzed/picked his default robes and boots.
When he stood up I rehired him.
I then enchanted his boots appropriately and used same method to return(boots only)
He wears those boots and a loin cloth as he lounges in the Bee and Barb now but will don any kind of clothes or robes once hired.

chizzbot

Right after I joined the Stormcloaks, I came home and Llewelyn sang, "down with king Ulfric..." so I beheaded him right then & there.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Right after I joined the Stormcloaks, I came home and Llewelyn sang, "down with king Ulfric..." so I beheaded him right then & there.

Llewelyn was not an attractive addition to my home, but he knew what he was doing. The only thing I see wrong with Llewelyn's song is that he said "King Ulfric." Ulfric is a fellow Nord that fought along side me against Alduin in Sovngarde, but as a man in the world he misrepresented us, and is no King.

Tell me, chizzbot, upon beheading Llewelyn, did you mount his corpse upon a dias in your trophy room?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Llewellyn? That's cool armour in Dark Souls 2. Too bad it requires twinkling titanite to upgrade. Anyways, I don't know about you, but I have too many dragon heads mounte on my dais for Llewellyn's head to fit.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
My trophy rooms at Heljarchen Hall and Lakeview feature a variety of beasts and heads, including dragons. My trophy room in Windstad Manor however, is filled entirely with Draugr. The more time passes, the more fascinated I become with my undead ancestors.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
My trophy rooms at Heljarchen Hall and Lakeview feature a variety of beasts and heads, including dragons. My trophy room in Windstad Manor however, is filled entirely with Draugr. The more time passes, the more fascinated I become with my undead ancestors.
Eh... using humanoids as trophies is just weird. No offense.

Adam Warlock

I had just completed the Blood on the Ice quest when Llwellyn nonchalantly walks into the Palace of Kings !
WTF?
Astonished by his presence , I requested him to sing "Age of Aggression" in order to irk Ulfric but the bard wouldn`t do it.

He wouldn`t leave the palace until i had engaged him in conversation and bolted through the door before he could finish speaking.
Now back to his duties at Lakeview .

Wondering if I`ve got a Stormcloak spy in my employ?

Actually , I suspect that Serana`s presence may have caused this glitch but absolutely no idea how

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Eh... using humanoids as trophies is just weird. No offense.

None taken. :beermug: Nords were never meant to see the places I've seen... The things I've seen. One becomes a bit altered after a time. Dragonborn's burden, reflected in the decor of all my homes, but most significantly in Windstad Manor. Oh but worry not, I house my family in Proudspire Manor, Solitude. My parties are held in Lakeview Manor. There's no bard there now, which is the unfortunate theme of this thread... tis mainly my mead collection which is the draw, and the envy of all.

Goldenhawk

The death of Llewellyn the Bard at the hands of bandits was a soul-rending shock. He'd fought bravely with only an iron dagger, and was discovered some time after the attack, lying face down at the foot of the stairs behind the Manor. Bereft, I headed for The Bannered Mare to drown my sorrows, where Mikael the Bard offered comfort and consolation. After a brief and suitable interval, I joined the Companions and vowed to avenge his death. He is sorely missed.

Attachments

• Llewellyn and Goldenhawk.jpg
    Llewellyn and Goldenhawk.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 11

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts