Xbox 360 Purity of Revenge: Vanished Vilkas

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

vincentje

tl;dr: I lost Vilkas during Purity of Revenge and can't progress the quest, wat do?

Detailed version: I'm almost through the Companions questline, and in Purity of Revenge, I get paired up with Vilkas as Shield-brother to exterminate the Silver Hand from Driftshade Refuge and recover some fragments of Wuuthrad. Because I don't fast travel and I always do multiple quests at the same time, I walked around Skyrim a lot before reaching Driftshade Refuge, only to find Vilkas wasn't following me anymore. I didn't think much of it and cleared the castle by myself. After killing the last Silver Hand, I was prompted to return to Jorrvaskr. However, when I enter Jorrvaskr, nothing happens.

I've consulted the UESP Wiki and apparently Vilkas is supposed to talk to me upon entering Jorrvaskr, but since he has vanished, I cannot continue this quest. I've already tried waiting 30 days to have Vilkas reset to Jorrvaskr but to no avail. When I ask a mercenary to follow me, they refuse and say I already have a follower, so Vilkas is somehow still my follower. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Vincent

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts