Quest Problem with Thieves Guild quest

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kcirred

Met up with Brynjolf who asked me to plant a ring on Brand Shei. I failed and restored several times and gave up in the end. But Brynjolf did ask me to threaten 3 ppl to pay their debts which I did and he kinda welcomed me to the Guild.

However I am not able to get more quests. The lady (Vik or Vil something) tells me not to waste her time and speak to Brynjolf. But all Brynjolf says is "HMM??". And for some odd reason Maul (who now spends his entire time at Mistveil Keep) doesn't want to talk to me.

On one hand he tells me my friendship means a lot to him, on the other hand he says he has nothing else to say to me and asks me to piss off. I dunno, I may have broken something. I did go on a killing spree and may have killed someone linked to the Black Briars hence his hostility. Or its just a bug.

Anyways, how do I get more Thieves quests?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
You only need to speak to Brynjolf & he should introduce you to Mercer then Brynjolf will give you a Quest to go to the Golden Glow Estate. It's a waste of time trying to talk to Vex, Delvin or anyone else until you finish the Golden Glow Quest.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Try talking to Mercer?

kcirred

You only need to speak to Brynjolf & he should introduce you to Mercer then Brynjolf will give you a Quest to go to the Golden Glow Estate. It's a waste of time trying to talk to Vex, Delvin or anyone else until you finish the Golden Glow Quest.
I can't recall if he introduced me to Mercer. I think he did 'cos I managed to find my way to the Ragged Flagon and everyone was quite friendly (even allowed me to pickpocket them LOL!).

Problem is none of them will give me quests and when I go back to Brynjolf, he just goes HMMM?

XbSuper

Have you been inside the ragged flaggon-cistern? That's where mercer usually is, and where you get your first official TG quest (golden glow)

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I can't recall if he introduced me to Mercer. I think he did 'cos I managed to find my way to the Ragged Flagon and everyone was quite friendly (even allowed me to pickpocket them LOL!).

Problem is none of them will give me quests and when I go back to Brynjolf, he just goes HMMM?

You don't meet Mercer on the way to or at the Ragged Flagon. You can only meet him after you have spoken to Brynjolf at the Ragged Flagon as he will take you to the Ragged Flagon - Cistern & introduces you to Mercer then.

kcirred

Can you be more specific? You still have that ring?
No, I never succeeded in stealing it from the cart. Anyway I tried stealing it yesterday and managed to slip it in Brand Shei's pocket but I think its too late as Brynjolf no longer creates the distraction.

kcirred

Have you been inside the ragged flaggon-cistern? That's where mercer usually is, and where you get your first official TG quest (golden glow)
I have been inside Ragged Flagon and even met the chap who I am supposed to speak to if I want to decorate the Dark Brotherhood Dawnstar sanctuary (yes, I've completed Dark Bro quest). But Mercer doesn't speak to me at all let alone offer me Golden Glow Estate quest.

kcirred

You don't meet Mercer on the way to or at the Ragged Flagon. You can only meet him after you have spoken to Brynjolf at the Ragged Flagon as he will take you to the Ragged Flagon - Cistern & introduces you to Mercer then.
Its been a while and I can't remember if Brynjolf has introduced me to Mercer. Anyway I can check?

kcirred

Ok its been a long time but this is from what I can recall.

I did not manage to steal the ring from lizard face so I did not slip the ring into Brand Shei's pocket. After Brynjolf's distraction, everyone walks away and I assume I failed that quest. However I did meet Brynjolf at Ragged Flagon where he told me to collect debts from Keerava, Bersi and Haelga. I completed all 3 but I can not recall if he introduced me to Mercer at the Ragged Flagon cistern.

My understanding is that if he did intro me to Mercer, I'd be given welcomed to the Guild and offered the quest "Loud and Clear". Do not recall getting an official welcome although the thieves seem pretty friendly to me (I think I let one of them go before). Am pretty certain I was not given the Golden Glow estate quest.

In short, something screwed up after completing the "Taking Care of Business" quest.

BTW I Googled and apparently this is the bug where Brynjolf does not appear in the Ragged Flagon. One "solution" was to Fus Ro Dah him and let him chase you all the way till Ragged Flagon bar counter and then yield. That supposedly helps but not for me. Firstly, he still attacks me when I yield. Secondly, everyone else in the Guild attacks me too.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts