Pilgrim Path door won't open. Bug?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ryan Veatch

So here is my issue. I'm on the Thieves Guild quests. Currently on "Darkness Returns." I walk into the Twilight Sepulcher, and the door behind Gallus to the pilgrim path is closed! I have the journal from the skeleton as well. Now what's even worse, is that I've been in there before, but I was too low level/weak, and I knew it was pointless, so I just went and did other quests. I didn't achieve anything in there or anything. I did my thing, beat the main story line, got my smithing to 100 yada yada, blah blah blah. Now I come back here, and door isn't open. Anyone else with this problem?

Ryan Veatch

Ok! So literally moments after I posted my friends, I found a "solution."
So when looking at the door that will not open, I went and looked at the sides of the door. And it had that "bug" look to it to where you could see outside the map. I could see the tunnel behind the closed door though! However, there was a gap there that you couldn't simply walk or even jump over. So... thinking prevails once again! Use your windsprint to get in there. The door is still closed for me, but I'm inside the Pilgrim path atm :D Hope this helps anyone else that comes about this problem, and btw, this was on the XBOX 360. Cheers!

You saved my tail. I went there and left for quite some time and came back to the door closed. Thanks man, I was about to get so aggravated.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
That solution can get you trapped inside the Twilight Sepulcher permanently. I hope you saved a game before you went inside. :oops:

You have to speak to Gallus when he is only identified as a Nightingale Sentinel and complete all the dialogue options and enter the Twilight Sepulcher when it opens. If you leave, the next time you see Gallus he will be identified as Gallus and he no longer has the coding to trigger the opening of the Pilgrim's Path to the Twilight Sepulcher. If you use the workaround that the OP posted here it will often trigger a bug later on which will effectively trap you inside the Twilight Sepulcher forever.

Luckily I didn't have that happen to me. When I got to the end where you fall down the hole where Anders' corpse is SUPPOSED to be, he actually wasn't there. It worried me a bit but after running in circles for about a minute the event finally happened. The fix does work, just definitely make sure to save as it is a bit buggy.

Dagmar

They're fixing this with the next patch BTW. After patch 1.4 you should be able to speak to Gallus, leave, come back later and talking to him will still open the way.

Adrian Rayworth

Hi, eerm question, yeah for some reason it won't let me talk to Gallus at the very beginning of the mission, I don't think the game registered that I've entered the twilight sepulcher because, how you normaly should have a message come up saying "completed : enter the twilight sepulcher started:........." well I don't get that message, and when i click start and check my active quests it still says i need to enter the twilight sepulcher, even though there is and arrow above where gallus is standing, I did that trick going round the door to the pilgrims path but got to where you insert the skeleton key and it won't let me because I need to talk to gallus ...... help please ...:sadface:

Dagmar

How old is your saved game?

If you read my first post above and you can't get out of the Twilight Sepulcher you're only solution on a game console is to reload a prior save from before you entered the Sepulcher. If you're on a PC you can use the console to move your character out of the Sepulcher. You can also try to advance your quest stage with the console.

Adrian Rayworth

ohh, my saved game .. erm I'm not too sure :/

I'm a ps3 user, and I can get out the twilight sepulcher easily (I made a separate save encase of another glitch, glad I did now) and basically I have gone back a few saves and for some reason the game doesn't recognize me ever going into the sepulcher. I have read in various places, people have talked to Gallus and then left .. only to come back later and not be able to open the door, well I've never done the mission before which is why I'm so confused.

with your question about the saved game, if its any good saying this but the last time a tried was yesterday.

Dagmar

I ask about the age of the saved game because patches don't fix bugs once they've already manifested. If this is a game where you entered Gallus's area before the patch and then left for whatever reason to do the quest later then you'll still have this bug.

Adrian Rayworth

ahh right, well I'm not to sure I'd say around 2 - 3 weeks, and no I've never been there before like I said above I entered Gallus's area tried to talk to him and I couldn't for some bizarre reason, so I looked at my current active quest and the game said I still had to enter the twilight sepulcher ... when I obviously already had .. that's my problem really I know that's not exactly the point of this discussion but it has the same problem, can't get through the door but because I can't talk to Gallus and thats because the game hasn't registered that I have entered the sepulcher :/

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
ahh right, well I'm not to sure I'd say around 2 - 3 weeks, and no I've never been there before like I said above I entered Gallus's area tried to talk to him and I couldn't for some bizarre reason, so I looked at my current active quest and the game said I still had to enter the twilight sepulcher ... when I obviously already had .. that's my problem really I know that's not exactly the point of this discussion but it has the same problem, can't get through the door but because I can't talk to Gallus and thats because the game hasn't registered that I have entered the sepulcher :/
Leave the Twilight Sepulcher, travel far away from it, or enter another dungeon. Use the wait function and wait 30 days (720 hours) then go back. This should trigger a full reset of the location, as well as the cell which contains the entrance.

giannis

hey i have another problem... when the conversation with the scary woman at the end (when you put the key in the hole etc ) ends, then nothing happens... i was supposed to speak with someone...this woman disappears and im waiting like an idiot to appear someone to speak to

Dagmar

Karliah has to be there for the whole conversation with Nocturnal but sometimes the quest glitches and she doesn't show up. It may help to reload a save from before you dropped into the well and wait several hours first. Karliah may eventually show up during that time.

Toby Agosti

Okay easy solution get a platter from any of the jarls stations for ex Dragons Reach then use whirlwind to get into the bug on the side to the entrance of the pilgrims path then when u get to the nocturnal statue there is chain pull it once but the door won’t open this is where the platter comes in,drop it, hold activate and push it flat against the stone door and walk into it and you should go through the door like butter

alceryes

Okay easy solution get a platter from any of the jarls stations for ex Dragons Reach then use whirlwind to get into the bug on the side to the entrance of the pilgrims path then when u get to the nocturnal statue there is chain pull it once but the door won’t open this is where the platter comes in,drop it, hold activate and push it flat against the stone door and walk into it and you should go through the door like butter

I bet you like playing a necromancer in Skyrim. ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts