• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Six inches high, four in diameter. Forged from ebony and the blood of a Daughter of Coldharbour, adorned with jagged jewels and ornamentation, a blood red ruby embedded in the bottom of the cup. When filled with the blood of ancients and drunk from, the user gains immense dark power.

Cup at a rich man's table,
    Jewel in a proud woman's crown,
    Stem sprouted from the soil of ancients,
    Drink from the vein of northern blood,
    Relic of old sought by death's kiss,
    In hands of evil whose deeds be remiss,
    Men of light answer Sovngarde's call,
    When in hands of undeath the Bloodstone Chalice should fall
    Beneath the cryptic text there was scrawled a picture of a chalice, as described in the note. Thor looked up at the thin Breton who leaned on the bar, who kept the corner of the paper between his thumb and forefinger. "Four hundred Septims," the man hissed, "and it's yours. This is pretty important to you, huh? You'd be getting your money's worth." The man smirked as if he were offering a tasty morsel to a hungry dog. The two hooded men were in a packed tavern on the Nordic side of Dragonstar.
    "One hundred Septims, and you get to go on living your life and peddling information without fear of becoming the human cattle for a bloodthirsty vampire," Thor growled in his best intimidating voice. He was no expert on the nuances of speech, but he had seen Isran get angry and impassioned before, and that was what he aspired to imitate for this sleazy little man. It would not be hard, given his disgust towards lowlifes like this. "Hey, hey, if things are as bad as you suggest, I can hide," the man cooed, "but you don't have the connections I do... If you fail, will you be able to run for cover?"
    Thor pulled the man close by the collar. "One hundred Septims and I make sure that you don't have to hide from me."
    "Wait, now..." The man sighed. "One hundred Septims, and you give me a ten-minute head start leaving here."​
    "Pleasure doing business with you," the strong Nord muttered, snatching the paper up and shoving the Breton a short distance away. He dropped the coin on the bar and watched as the man slithered off. "Gods, how I hate that." Thor was a generally friendly man, though that was not quite the persona suggested by his black, trench coat-like Dawnguard light armor and black hood. But he was not in Dragonstar to make friends. When the threat of Clan Volkihar was gone, there would be time for that.

Rextoret

top kek
    The door to the tavern creaked open, letting the cold air outside rush in. Although this air was accompanied with another presence, equally as cold. A few eyes turned to watch the man who entered. He was tall, with an air to him that just oozed with darkness. Many patrons turned back to themselves and began to whisper. The man pressed forward, the tattered folds of his ancient black robes flapping as he walked. A hood hung low over his face, covering his eyes almost completely, as if to hide some dark secret.

The man's skin was unnaturally pale, with only a slight hint of yellow in it. The rest of his features were hidden from view. The man continued forward, making a straight path towards the Nord who sat at the bar. The sound of his leather boots hitting the floor was inaudible, as if they were made of cotton. The man came to a stop before the Nord, standing a good few inches taller. From the Nord's position, one could faintly see the glimmer of blood-red eyes shooting out from the darkness. The man's mouth opened.

"A frail Breton man told me that you were planning a journey. Across Skyrim, I believe?" The man in the cloak extended his hand towards the Nord. The nails were sharper than your average person's. "Kiyoshi Wakahisa. I suppose you could say I'm an adventurer, searching for something quite dear to me. It would please me greatly to join you in this endeavor."

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    It had been a less than successful day. First that damn shopkeeper had caught her stealing, and then she ended up using a grand chunk of the remainder of her day running away from them. Hell, it had not been a successful year. She had four left... one already had gone by. Kjan was nowhere near where she had hoped to be money-wise at this point. Not even an 8th of the way to her goal, and 1/4th of her time had been spent. Things weren't looking good for Jon. They hadn't expected to fill the debt, but Kjan had at least expected to feel like she was getting somewhere.

The brown haired Nord leaned on a wall within the packed Dragonstar tavern. Her hood was down, brown hair not tied up, and she almost radiated stress. Kjan watched the scenes within the tavern, waiting for the opportune moment where she could pickpocket an unsuspecting victim and get away with it. The last part being the most important. Kjan had been caught more than enough times to be a recognizable face for the local guards. As corrupt as some of them may have been, she wasn't about to lose any of her hard earned coin over a bribe.

Two men caught Kjan's eye as she scanned the room. Both were hooded, looking slightly dangerous and mysterious. There wasn't much of a second thought if a man wanted to conceal his face outdoors. However, in a tavern there should have been nothing to hide. By the way one was waving a piece of paper in front of him, it was quite obvious they were doing some shady dealing. The most important aspect of this to Kjan was the fact that when the two seemed to come to a consensus about the price, the taller of the two hooded men dropped a substantial amount of money on the bar.

As the Breton snatched up the money, Kjan was able to get a glimpse of his face. He wasn't an Argonian, Mer, or a Khajiit, that was for certain, but the glimpse wasn't enough to tell which race of man he was. Kjan discarded the thought and moved onto the more important fact: the man was not very happy with the substantial amount of gold he had been given. It was obvious that the paper was worth much more than he had sold it for.

One move could turn the day around, Kjan thought as her thought processes immediately came to the conclusion that stealing the paper would be much more beneficial than steal the money. Pure instinct took over as her habit for stealing things consumed her. Kjan walked to the bar, near where the tall, hooded man sat. She casually leaned against it as if she was going to order a drink. Luckily, the Redguard bartender was busy having a conversation with the local bard, a large, jolly sounding man who constantly remarked poems inspired by his many adventures. He was quite obnoxious in Kjan's opinion. Most bards were.

From her position next to the tall man, she could he was a Nord, his fair hair and skin being the identifying factors. He was somewhat handsome, but she better than to trust men on their looks. While they could give an accurate description of a man's experience in battle with scars, they said absolutely nothing about a man's integrity.

At the very moment in which Kjan was about to attempt the steal, another hooded figure - one even taller than the Nord with the paper - had approached. Kjan did her best to get a glimpse of the man's face as he immediately began to speak. Kjan froze, her face looking down to hide her surprise as her brain registered that the new man had red eyes. While every fiber of her being wanted to look again to confirm this abnormality, Kjan's instincts kicked in. The conversation that this man had begun with the Nord would be an excellent distraction.

Proceeding to put on her best fake irritated face (due to the lack of service at the bar), Kjan attempted to blend in with her surroundings as she casually reached an hand to grip the paper the Nord was still holding. With what she hoped was stealth, Kjan did her best to pull the paper in a fluid movement from the blonde Nord's grasp.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Skyrim, 12 miles from Dragonstar

Logan was alone, surrounded by the darkness of nightfall and propped against a tree with only the corpses of bandits to keep him company. He took a deep breath, sucking in the cool mountain air and exhaling steam which escaped from the vents of his helmet. The pain was still with him, thinking about the arrow embedded just beneath his ribs brought back a wave of agony which made him stiffen. He rose his bloody, armored hands to his face and lifted his helmet from his head, setting it down beside him; next to his sword which was stained with crimson. The arrow had found its way through his padded surcoat and a layer of ring mail to nestle itself three inches deep in his guts. Blood flowed from the wound, the crest of the Nine Divines emblazoned on his chest was damp with Logan's blood.

He took another breath, looking up at the twin moons which complemented a bed of stars and auroras. The view was truly a sight to behold, looking out into the cosmos from beneath the branches of an elm, a vista of colors and lights. Then the fog bank rolled in from the mountains, and the stars and moons were taken from Logan, hidden behind a shroud of black and grey.

For a moment he considered just sitting there and letting the darkness take him, it had been nearly 15 years since he left to search for the relics and yet the last Knight of the Nine had found none. For these past few years, it was almost as if Logan had simply stopped searching, yet kept wandering. Perhaps it was meant to be this way, that Logan was simply fighting the course of nature. Maybe the Order was meant to go out like this, bleeding out in the dark.

Another breath, in the distance a wolf howled.

"No," Logan said to himself as he pulled his dagger from its sheath. Feeling life return to him, he braced himself before sliding the blade between the arrow tip and his flesh, and with a motioning of his wrist pried the arrow from his torso. Pain exploded across his body as blood erupted from the now open wound, the Knight gritted his teeth as he held his palm to the wound and casted a healing spell upon him. The anguish subsided as flesh and sinew stitched itself back together, until the only evidence that such a wound ever existed was a faint scar.

After another moment of rest, Logan pulled himself to his feet. Grabbing his helmet and his sword as he stood. It was time to go.

Rextoret

top kek
    Kiyoshi's eyes snapped from Thor's face down to Kjan's wrist as she pulled the paper away. In a movement that was almost inhumanly quick, he shot his hand forward, grabbing onto her wrist. At first, he gripped her wrist tightly, almost akin to a vice. He quickly realized that he was clenching down far too hard, and loosened his grip. He didn't want her to realize that he was not a normal being.

His red eyes gazed into her's, nearly emotionless. His mouth opened, revealing the grinded-down stubs of his canine teeth as he spoke. "And what do you think you're doing, madam? I do believe that paper was his." He continued to look into her eyes with his impermeable gaze. 'Although it wasn't a wholly bad move on her part. If I wasn't a Vampire, I may not have noticed.' Still, it was a rookie move from the standpoint of a millennium old thief. Kiyoshi knew she could have waited for a more opportune time. Normally, Kiyoshi would have let the fellow thief off the hook. Although something seemed... odd about this woman. He couldn't quite tell what it was. Something seemed familiar about her, but Kiyoshi knew that they had never met before. He couldn't place his finger on whatever it was.

Farthlion

Almost instantly the red eyed newcomer's hand wrapped around her wrist, painfully at first. Kjan reflexively released her hand from her grasp on the paper, something she usually would never, but this man d both started and intimidated her with his combination of strength and red eyes. The man quickly loosened his grip, as if forgetting he had the ability to invoke pain in others, and looked at Kjan. She attempted to look away at first, but couldn't help but stare at the hungry red eyes staring back at her.

"And what do you think you're doing, madam? I do believe that paper was his."

"It's a bit obvious, isn't it? Let me go," Kjan growled in frustration as she attempted to relieve her wrist of the man's grip. Normally she'd be out of the tavern and sprinting away from guards by this point in a crime, but her weak upper body strength coupled with this stranger's superhuman ability to grip her wrist made Kjan's attempts to escape painful. Forgetting all about the blonde haired Nord between the two, Kjan yanked her wrist out of its hold, simultaneously hitting the blonde Nord in the face as her am whipped back to her side.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    A black-robed figure approached Thor and extended a sharp-nailed hand. Red eyes peered from under the robe's hood, and the man mentioned that the information peddler who had just left had informed him of Thor's mission. "Kiyoshi Wakahisa. I suppose you could say I'm an adventurer, searching for something quite dear to me. It would please me greatly to join you in this endeavor." The man's teeth, visible from the shadow of the hood, appeared normal, but something wasn't right with this man, something about his eyes. He had a sneaking suspicion of what this man was; luckily Thor had the sense to not go for his axe in the middle of the tavern - Serana had gone to great pains to make him recognize the difference between a vampire and an evil vampire. He lowered the clue to the Bloodstone Chalice to his side, searching for his pocket while keeping his eyes on this Kiyoshi. He felt a nudge in his fingers, and Kiyoshi lunged in the direction of the note with seemingly superhuman speed, further giving lie to what he was. Thor turned to see that Kiyoshi had in his grasp a brunette Nord woman.

"It's a bit obvious, isn't it? Let me go," the woman said, evidently wanting her foiled theft to remain discreet. She shook Kiyoshi's hand off, knocking Thor in the face and pushing back his hood. He bit his lip in annoyance, snatching up his note. Securing it, he took Kiyoshi's hand and shook it firmly, his face civil but respectful of a man who was obviously good enough to foil a theft. "Thor. Thanks for stopping her," he said, turning to the would-be thief. "You should be glad you failed," he stated with contempt. "Your fate in prison will be better than if you'd made off with that paper." He took the thief by the arm and gestured for Kiyoshi to follow him out into the streets of Dragonstar. He pulled his hood back up and said, "You're the only one who has come to me about my mission so far today, and since I have the information I needed, I think we could just as well set off tonight. You look like... you might prefer to travel at night."

"Vampires!" A guard cried from one street over. Thor lightly shoved the thief out of his grip and swiftly drew his crossbow.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    A black-robed figure approached Thor and extended a sharp-nailed hand. Red eyes peered from under the robe's hood, and the man mentioned that the information peddler who had just left had informed him of Thor's mission. "Kiyoshi Wakahisa. I suppose you could say I'm an adventurer, searching for something quite dear to me. It would please me greatly to join you in this endeavor." The man's teeth, visible from the shadow of the hood, appeared normal, but something wasn't right with this man, something about his eyes. He had a sneaking suspicion of what this man was; luckily Thor had the sense to not go for his axe in the middle of the tavern - Serana had gone to great pains to make him recognize the difference between a vampire and an evil vampire. He lowered the clue to the Bloodstone Chalice to his side, searching for his pocket while keeping his eyes on this Kiyoshi. He felt a nudge in his fingers, and Kiyoshi lunged in the direction of the note with seemingly superhuman speed, further giving lie to what he was. Thor turned to see that Kiyoshi had in his grasp a brunette Nord woman.

"It's a bit obvious, isn't it? Let me go," the woman said, evidently wanting her foiled theft to remain discreet. She shook Kiyoshi's hand off, knocking Thor in the face and pushing back his hood. He bit his lip in annoyance, snatching up his note. Securing it, he took Kiyoshi's hand and shook it firmly, his face civil but respectful of a man who was obviously good enough to foil a theft. "Thor. Thanks for stopping her," he said, turning to the would-be thief. "You should be glad you failed," he stated with contempt. "Your fate in prison will be better than if you'd made off with that paper." He took the thief by the arm and gestured for Kiyoshi to follow him out into the streets of Dragonstar. He pulled his hood back up and said, "You're the only one who has come to me about my mission so far today, and since I have the information I needed, I think we could just as well set off tonight. You look like... you might prefer to travel at night."

"Vampires!" A guard cried from one street over. Thor lightly shoved the thief out of his grip and swiftly drew his crossbow.

Farthlion

Kjan nearly said sorry as she realized that her hand had hit the man, but she held her tongue as the Nord proceeded to chastise her. "You should be glad you failed. Your fate in prison will be better than if you'd made off with that paper."

I don't exactly do the whole 'prison' thing, Kjan thought as she prepared to make a run for it. Thor, the blonde haired man who she had attempted to steal from, gripped her arm and led Kiyoshi, the man who had caught her, out of the tavern. Kjan's eyes narrowed as she was forced to accompany the two outside. She attempted to struggle, but it became apparent that there wasn't a chance she would escape for a second time.

Thor pulled his hood up as the group entered the streets. Kjan would have done the same with her free hand, but she was too busy thinking of an escape plan. Causing a scene wouldn't exactly be a smart idea. It would only attract more guards and make her escape next to impossible. Thor seemed to have the air of a man who followed the law - so talking him out giving her up to the guards wouldn't be an option. Kjan's only strength here was her speed. She was more than certain she could outrun Kiyoshi and Thor, but it was the fact that she needed her arm to be released that concerned her.

"You're the only one who has come to me about my mission so far today, and since I have the information I needed, I think we could just as well set off tonight. You look like... you might prefer to travel at night." Kjan's eyes narrowed as she registered the information she overheard. The information most likely had to do with the paper she attempted to steal. Obviously whatever the reward for the mission was, it was worth spending a large sum of money for a measly scrap of paper.

Before Kjan could think further, a cry was heard nearby - something about vampires - but more importantly, her arm was released from Thor's grasp. Thank you Talos...! Kjan mentally sighed as she scanned the area for a clear path to run away. An empty alleyway seemed to be the most promising exit, so Kjan immediately dashed toward it, only to be halted in her tracks by an angry, red eyed man wielding a hand full of cold frost.

"Damn it!" Kjan clenched her jaw as she reached for the two swords at her hips. Kjan held a sword in each hand, waiting for the vampire in front of her to make the first move. The man narrowed his eyes as a burst of freezing air was released from his right palm. Not accustomed to fighting against magic users, Kjan was hit on the shoulder with a blast of frost. She attempted to shake off the sting of the chill as she lunged at the vampire in retaliation, doing her best to slice at his arm with one of her Nordic Swords. While Kjan had managed to successfully make her opponent bleed, she didn't get a great hit because of the unexpected feeling of weakening. Kjan nearly dropped her swords as her muscles ached in pain. She watched as the vampire used his left hand to cast some type of red light over her, seeming as if her strength was being drained.

Kjan gritted her teeth and attempted another attack at her foe, this time weakly thrusting her sword at the vampire's shoulder before giving a swift kick at his legs, causing him to fall over with yelp of pain. Kjan by now was panting heavily, the draining spell having done a number on her. She watched as the man pull out a dagger and held it in front of him, acting as his last line of defense. The brown haired Nord acted quickly, using gravity as her aid as she plunge the dagger into the vampire's chest. She didn't have enough time and strength to act as another vampire approached.

Rextoret

top kek
    "Thor. Thanks for stopping her."

Kiyoshi accepted the man's handshake, being careful to not squeeze too hard. He quickly followed Thor after he began to head outside with the attempted thief. As they stepped out into the street, Thor turned back to face him.

"You're the only one who has come to me about my mission so far today, and since I have the information I needed, I think we could just as well set off tonight. You look like... you might prefer to travel at night."

Kiyoshi hesitated, before giving a faint nod. Sunlight didn't bother him as much as it used to a few hundred years ago, but he couldn't deny he felt stronger and more comfortable at night. He was slightly disappointed that the man at least had a hunch towards Kiyoshi's status as a vampire, although it wasn't too surprising. Even after nearly a thousand years, Kiyoshi hadn't found an effective way to disguise his vampirism. He sighed mentally, wishing that being a vampire wasn't necessary or beneficial to his goals. Even with his partial Altmer blood, vampirism guaranteed him many more years to come. And he needed those years if he was to find his sister. In the midst of thinking, he was interrupted by a shout from a street over.

"Vampires!"

Sighing heavily, Kiyoshi readied himself. 'How ironic.' He pulled his fists up, ready to counter any attacks from the vampires that began to flood the streets. As if on cue, a vampire with a large two handed sword came running towards Kiyoshi. He spotted Kiyoshi's red eyes and hesitated for a moment, before opening his mouth to speak. "Sorry, friend. You're in the way." A murderous grin spread across the vampires's face. He began to charge towards Kiyoshi. With a quick motion, the man brought the greatsword swinging down.

With no weapons to defend with, Kiyoshi was forced to take the blow or attempt to avoid. Even with his superior speed, Kiyoshi knew it was too late to evade. He raised his hands to intercept the path of the blade. It came crashing down, cutting into his hands and pushing them down, before slicing into his right shoulder. Tendons and sinews split, sending blood spurting into the air. Kiyoshi screamed out in pain, before grimacing and lunging forward. With the blade lodged in his shoulder, it left the attacker wide open.

With a speed that the attacker could barely follow, Kiyoshi clamped onto his neck with his left hand. The attacker dropped his sword to move his hands to his neck, leaving the greatsword to fall out of Kiyoshi's shoulder. Kiyoshi pulled the attacker's face closer to his his own. With great pain, he yelled at the man. "Back off!" With a heave, he tossed the man down the street. He nearly flew through the air with the force of the throw. Landing in a heap a number of feet away, he lay still, most likely unconscious.

Backing up against a wall, Kiyoshi prepared a restoration spell to heal himself with. He cast it. The faint sounds of sinews stitching themselves together filled the air, accompanied with the popping of bone back into place. Kiyoshi groaned as his shoulder relocated itself after the healing. The skin came together, leaving nothing but the blood from the wound on his shoulder. Kiyoshi was instantly thankful that he had decided to pursue Restoration as a skill over the years. Cracking his neck, Kiyoshi rushed over to Kjan. He delivered a solid punch to the neck of the vampire attacking her. The man screamed as bones broke underneath the force of the punch. He crumpled onto to the floor, immobile.

Already exhausted from overexerting himself, Kiyoshi stumbled over to Thor, ready to follow him in the case that they left the city.

Farthlion

Kjan slowly caught her breath, thankful that Kiyoshi had been there to fend off the second vampire. After staring into the eyes of her attackers, she realized that the red glow within Kiyoshi's eyes was the very same. He too was a vampire. Kjan looked at the man skeptically as she came to this conclusion, not sure if she completely trusted him. He did save me, the Nord woman admitted to herself as she sheathed both of her swords. While there was still the threat of another attack looming, Kjan's arms were too exhausted to bare the weight of the weapons.

With a sigh, the Nord thief spoke as she approached Thor and the man in question, "Thank you. I don't like being in debt to people, but I owe you for saving my life." Kjan looked away from the two men, slightly uncomfortable with the admission. No only did she hate relying on others, she hated debts. What seemed like a brilliant idea suddenly flew through Kjan's mind. If she were to accompany the two men on whatever mission they were on, then she wouldn't owe Kiyoshi a thing. It would also give her the chance to make a bit of coin and travel within the comfort of a group - something she hadn't had in over a year.

"Where are you two headed?" Kjan asked asked she pulled her hood up, "I'm going to repay you by helping you out."

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    "Vampires!"

In a another tavern not far from the other, Alden Thetric looked up from his book. A grin slowly spread across his face. This was the best thing he'd heard all week. Finally, it was time for some excitement. His waitress, a young Bosmer maiden, pointed out the window and screamed. He followed her gaze, and noticed a solitary figure in a black hooded cloak walking through the streets, weapon drawn. An arrow sped through the air, shattering the window and heading straight towards the Bosmer's neck...and then snapped in half bouncing onto the ground.

The waitress opened her eyes, noticing a faint shimmer in the air in front of her. Alden got up from his table, keeping the ward up."I'd leave now, miss. Take everyone else with you. I'll hold them off." He gave her a heroic smile, waiting patiently as she evacuated the tavern. "Now, then. Time to-" A second arrow sped through the shattered window, hitting Alden squarely in the back. He collapsed onto the floor, writhing in pain. "Ah! Ow!" Taking a deep breath, he grabbed hold of the arrow and pulled it out. "Aaaaaaah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Son of a Daedra!" He quickly held up his hands, a yellow glow engulfing his body as his wounds healed themselves.

He picked himself up, preparing to kill the bastard with the bow right away. Yet another arrow came rushing up to greet him, but he was able to block it with a ward in time. He fired a few bolts of sunlight towards the vamp, hopefully burning it alive. Or stunning it. Or even blinding it for a few seconds. Really, as long as it stopped the vampire he didn't have a preference. He burst through the door and out into the streets, spotting the vampire holding it's head. Good enough. With a one fluid motion, he took flight, watching smugly as the vampire looked for him.

With a small gust of wind, and he landed behind the creature, tapping it on the shoulder. It only had time let out a gruff "What the...?" Before Alden grabbed hold of it's face, his hands pulsating with sunlight. There was a shriek, a hiss, and a odd bubbling sound. A few moments later the young mage removed his hands, leaving a smoking skull behind. He gave a yelp, stumbling backwards. "Oh! Oh gods! Okay. Never doing that again. Ever."

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Thor crouched behind a group of barrels, having given up on keeping track of Kiyoshi and the thief, and braced his crossbow to his shoulder and took aim, a bolt already pulled back. A trio of vampires came running around a corner maybe thirty yards away, and the Nord planted his steel bolt in one of the monsters' throat. The vampire fell to its knees as it choked on its blood. The other two were still sprinting his way, and Thor's experienced hands flew to his pouch of bolts, finding another of the projectiles he had forged himself and swiftly pulling the crossbow's mechanism back. The two vampires were both wielding swords and were sending ice projectiles towards flying, which were smashed to bits all around. One penetrated halfway through the barrel Thor leaned on. He sent his second bolt into the forehead of one of the vampires, immediately going for the third bolt.

He felt the leather pouch where he stored his bolts; it was limp, empty. "Gods damn it! How could I have been such a fool as to have not refill that." The Nord knew he had more bolts in the pack strapped to his back, but removing them would take too long. The remaining vampire was fast approaching, having taken cover momentarily to avoid arrow fire from a guard who was obviously not as good a shot as Thor, who had grown up with a bow in his hands and had taken quickly to the crossbow. Crack! A razor-sharp ice spike had broken through the weakened barrel, and its long needle of a tip had pierced Thor's armor at one of the leather's thinner areas, drawing blood from his abdomen. The Dawnguard grunted, returning his crossbow to his back, and with his left hand healing the wound created by the ice; his right hand drew his Dawnguard war axe. Thor could hear the vampire's footsteps clearly now. He took a deep breath, then stood and vaulted over the barrels, bringing the axe down onto the chest of the vampire. It broke through his armor and sent him to the ground, Thor atop him bringing the axe down once more for the death blow. He stood, scanning the street for more vampires.

"Where are you two headed? I'm going to repay you by helping you out."

Thor turned to see Kiyoshi and the thief walking quickly his way. Thor sighed, and said, "Alright. I guess if you want to repay trying to steal that paper, you can start by finding out what the result might have been if you had succeeded, as soon as we get out of here and on the road. These kinds of attacks are fairly commonplace these days, and if this is anything like the others there can't be many more vampires left."

Farthlion

Kjan thought back to just over a year ago. She and quite a few others would go on small trips, camping near roads and ambushing unsuspecting travelers. While she was certain Thor and Kiyoshi weren't going to be partaking in any bandit activities, the blue eyed Nord knew that if she were going to be traveling with them, she would have no choice but to get to know them.

Not trying to sound too friendly or interested, Kjan spoke with an even voice, "My name is Kjan. I take my debts very seriously." She extended a hand to Thor, knowing he was the leader of their small group. "You don't have to trust me, just allow me to repay my debt and I'll be gone."

Kjan wasn't lying - just choosing her words very carefully. She planned on leaving once she was able to repay her debt, but the one she was aiming to repay was not to Kiyoshi. Whatever the two men were going after was worth a lot of money, and therefore it would be worth her time to gain the trust of these two to ultimately deceive them.

Without another word, Kjan took a step back and waited for him to lead the way.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    The air brushed against Alden's skin as he flew above the city, scanning the streets below for any more vampires. They were creepy as all Oblivion, sure, but he wasn't going to let them kill half of Dragonstar. He spotted three distinctive hooded figures on rounding a corner and rushing towards a small group of civilians. One of the men facing the vamps fired a shot from what looked like a crossbow, taking one of the them down. Alden began to float downwards, trying to help kill the other two before they got too close to the humans.

Of course, he probably should have flown straight downwards in order to actually beat them there, but he still wasn't a fan of rushing towards the ground at top-speed. It wasn't like he shouldn't have been averse to splattering all over the city block, right? By the time he had touched down, another one of the creatures had been dispatched with a crossbow, and the third and final one lay on the ground, blood spewing from it's chest. Alden noticed a war axe clutched in the hand of the man who had been fighting a minute earlier, and figured he must have killed the final one at close range. The man was talking to the two others now, and Alden began to walk slowly towards him.

"Greetings, brave warriors! I am Alden The-" He cut himself off, yelping as he felt something grab hold of his leg. He looked down to see one of the supposedly dead vampires, rasping as he weakly tried to get in one last kill. Alden panicked, delivering several point-blank blasts of sunlight to it's face, and hastily jumped backwards as it burst into flames with one last shriek. "Uh... Anyways, I'm Alden Thetric. Nice to meet you."

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    The petite Nord introduced herself as Kjan, sounding civil at best. But however enthusiastic she was, or was not, didn't really matter as long as this Kjan made good on what she said. "Alright, come along," Thor said as he headed in the direction of the city gates, pulling his note from his pocket. He snapped a magelight spell into his hand and casted it onto himself, providing blue illumination that followed wherever he went. "This is the Bloodstone Chalice," he started, showing the group the illustration. "It's an ancient-"

Thor heard something unintelligible from behind him, a yelp and what sounded like a spell being casted rapidly. Footsteps came closer, and the trio turned to see a very young man announce, "Uh, anyways... I'm Alden Thetric. Nice to meet you."

Alden looked quite young, but behind him the vampire Thor thought he had killed with his axe smoldered from fresh sunburns, which Thor presumed were the work of Alden. "I guess you're here to join our party too. Hurry up." Thor motioned for the others to follow closely again.

"As I was saying, the Bloodstone Chalice is an ancient vampire relic, a cup which when filled with the blood of a powerful vampire and drank from increases the drinker's power immensely. It was broken, the pieces scattered. The Volkihar clan, no doubt behind tonight's attack, wants it for obvious reasons; the Dawnguard want to ensure the Chalice can never be used, weakening the Volkihar for our eventual deathblow. But first, we have to find the pieces."

Rextoret

top kek
    "As I was saying, the Bloodstone Chalice is an ancient vampire relic, a cup which when filled with the blood of a powerful vampire and drank from increases the drinker's power immensely. It was broken, the pieces scattered. The Volkihar clan, no doubt behind tonight's attack, wants it for obvious reasons; the Dawnguard want to ensure the Chalice can never be used, weakening the Volkihar for our eventual deathblow. But first, we have to find the pieces."

Kiyoshi was intrigued. The appeal of the Chalice's power caught his attention. He knew he could use that power to help him find Izumi faster. He just wondered if the Dawnguard would let him drink from it after it was repaired. But then again, there was also the need for a powerful vampire's blood. But Kiyoshi knew where he could find some of that. After all, he knew countless ancient vampires, scattered across the provinces. Getting some of their blood wouldn't be too hard. Perhaps with some clever negotiations, the Dawnguard would allow him to use it as a reward for finding it. He highly doubted it. Nevertheless, this journey might kill two birds with one stone.

"Do we have any idea of where to begin looking for the pieces? Surely they can't be hidden too obscurely?"

Farthlion

Kjan smiled at the Breton who had stumbled upon the group. His first impression reminded her of Jon, her dear friend back home. When Kjan had realized she was smiling, she immediately frowned. It was best to keep herself guarded and not get attached to anyone. It would make things easier when the time came to betray them.

Everything Thor said was registering in Kjan's head as a great way to pay off the debt to the bandits. If the Volkihar Clan was powerful enough to hire a bunch of vampire thugs to stop a simple warrior like Thor, then they had to be swimming in coin. Kjan's future was looking brighter, and hope dwelled deep within her for the first time since she had taken up her debt. Luckily, the blue eyed Nord was skilled enough at masking her emotions from her time within Treva's Watch. She narrowed her eyes and put on a serious face, looking at the ground as she listened to Kiyoshi question where they would be headed first.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Well, that was certainly a less...enthusiastic welcome than he had hoped for. This guy at least acknowledged him, but pretty much didn't bother to include him in the conversation at all. A quick recap of the events leading up to this really wouldn't have hurt. Alden sighed, and looked around at the others as the talking resumed.

There was a Nord girl, a bit younger than him. She looked fairly plain, and harmless to boot. That was, except for the pair of swords she was carrying. Even if she didn't know how to use them, Alden decided not to piss her off. He turned his gaze to the next person, although he suspected 'person' wasn't exactly the right term here. Something about this one seemed...off. He looked young, but his odd appearance and pitch-black eyes suggested he may have been around longer than the lot of them. He was a bloody vampire, that was the point Alden was working towards. Why the others were ignoring the bloodthirsty creature of the night right in front of them was really anyone's guess.

"As I was saying, the Bloodstone Chalice is an ancient vampire relic, a cup which when filled with the blood of a powerful vampire and drank from increases the drinker's power immensely. It was broken, the pieces scattered. The Volkihar clan, no doubt behind tonight's attack, wants it for obvious reasons; the Dawnguard want to ensure the Chalice can never be used, weakening the Volkihar for our eventual deathblow. But first, we have to find the pieces." Said the man, who seemed to be the unofficial leader of the group. Or maybe he was the official leader. Alden would know if any of them had actually spared one damned second to fill him in.

Alden spoke up. "Volihar? That's Skyrim vampires. I studied them, at the College. Nasty bunch really, but no one's heard from them since Movarth Piqune was turned. What makes you think they're the ones behind all of this? It could've been one of the High Rock clans."

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "Volkihar? That's Skyrim vampires. I studied them, at the College. Nasty bunch really, but no one's heard from them since Movarth Piqune was turned. What makes you think they're the ones behind all of this? It could've been one of the High Rock clans."

Thor turned to Alden. "College, eh? I've been up there a few times. Heh, that's the kind of question they like up there." Thor stowed his note. "But I don't think it's the Volkihar, I know. You studied them, so you must know of Harkon? Crazy bastard buried his daughter in a crypt before the dawn of Tiber Septim, and luckily I found her. I took her to the castle, where Harkon insinuated that he was going to be putting up a fight against us; his daughter got away shortly after, and let us at Fort Dawnguard know that Harkon's interested in a prophecy regarding 'The Tyranny of the Sun'. And like Ulfric Stormcloak, he feels that he needs to end that tyranny. It's the Dawnguard's job to ensure that doesn't happen." Thor chuckled. "Now, Kjan, you having second thoughts regarding that little paper?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts