Xbox 360 Permanent Ignite/Freeze spells ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

I was wearing Ahzidal`s Ring of Arcana when I received the Ring of Namira from Eola.

Later on , I noticed that I had Ignite and Freeze Spells in my Destruction menu even when I wasn`t wearing the Ring of Arcana.

Research reveals a reported similar event that makes the Ring of Namira effects permanent if you are wearing it when receiving the Ring of Hircine.

Can someone confirm if this is a consistent bug ?

Adam Warlock

Hey Adam? What platform? I play on XBox, and have yet to run into that glitch, as yet.
On Xbox .
What I`m going to try now that Ignite/Freeze are permanent is to wear the Ring of Namira while doing the Ill Met By Moonlight quest to see if I can get permanent +50 Stamina boost and cannibalism buff in addition to the spells.
Hoping that it`s the Cursed ring you get from Sindig that does it since I intend to opt for the Savior`s Hide at the end(will look great on my Breton spitfire).

Adam Warlock

Hey Adam? What platform? I play on XBox, and have yet to run into that glitch, as yet.
On Xbox .
What I`m going to try now that Ignite/Freeze are permanent is to wear the Ring of Namira while doing the Ill Met By Moonlight quest to see if I can get permanent +50 Stamina boost and cannibalism buff in addition to the spells.
Hoping that it`s the Cursed ring you get from Sindig that does it since I intend to opt for the Savior`s Hide at the end(will look great on my Breton spitfire).
^ This didn`t work.
Spells still perm but Ring of Namira must be worn to gain effects

Adam Warlock

Undertaking the Restoration Ritual Spell quest removed Ignite/Freeze from my list of destruction spells when the Augur bid me into the light.

Can still wear ring to obtain the spells however.

I remember one time, taking the ring from Serana (since she uses it most of the time), yet she was still able to cast Ignite. However, I have yet to replicate this again. But that's interesting, I didn't know that can happen to your character too (since it's never happened on mine). If you give a follower who has Augmented Flames the Ring of Arcana along with the Ahzidial mask, then that makes them decent back up.

Adam Warlock

Yes , I also noticed my spouse Jenassa exhibiting the ability to use Ignite to defend Windstad Manor when she was not actively following me . She did have the ring in her follower`s inventory at the time but it wasn`t showing as equipped nor could it be seen on her hand.
I plan to investigate further with her to see if she will still cast Ignite if I`m holding the ring.

By my testing , any follower with at least a natural 25 skill level in Destruction can use the ring which includes all the magic casters plus Jenassa , Athis , and Ralis Sedarys.

Adam Warlock

I remember one time, taking the ring from Serana (since she uses it most of the time), yet she was still able to cast Ignite. However, I have yet to replicate this again. But that's interesting, I didn't know that can happen to your character too (since it's never happened on mine). If you give a follower who has Augmented Flames the Ring of Arcana along with the Ahzidial mask, then that makes them decent back up.
I was able to replicate this in Karstaag`s Courtyard with Serana by giving her the ring to equip and then removing it.
Doesn`t appear to be a permanent effect and seems to cease if her inventory changes thereafter(trade, absorbing an arrow/spear, etc). Perhaps loading screens remove as well idk yet

Adam Warlock

I was able to replicate this in Karstaag`s Courtyard with Serana by giving her the ring to equip and then removing it.
Doesn`t appear to be a permanent effect and seems to cease if her inventory changes thereafter(trade, absorbing an arrow/spear, etc). Perhaps loading screens remove as well idk yet

Serana is retaining Ignite for quite a long time despite not holding the ring , even after inventory changes unlike before.
I`m not complaining because it`s a good spell and doesn`t aggro my other minions nearly as often as her Ice Storm does.

When I get the chance , I plan to test other suitable followers regarding this beneficial bug.

Adam Warlock

Tested Valdimar by giving him Ahzidal`s ring , then a home-made ring of higher value which he switched to.
Removed Ahzidal`s ring and Valdimar still Ignites his foes !!!(xbox)

Adam Warlock

Marcurio , Belrand , and Aranea all Ignite now !

Set the night on fire !

It`s not inventory changes but removal of the ring while it is equipped that appears to cancel the spell.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts