Spoiler Patch 1.5.26 Problems and Bugs(Possible Spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
Ever since the new patch came out i have encountered more glitches and bugs since the release date of the game. This was supposed to fix key issues people have been having, and it has. But are all the problems it created worth it? Hear is a list of all issues i have had. Please post any u r having and mabe any possible fixes for the. Thanx!

All of these i have never encountered b4 the new patch.....

Game freezes at random intervals

Game freezes when switching between 3rd and 1st person view

Random parts of the outdoor landscape turn black, and flash when moving

In the main central area at the collage of winterhold, the walk way around the outside flashes as u move. All doors and main entryway look like brick walls. U can pass threw the wall like it is not there and then open the door.

In the galdur quest at the end when u fight all 3 brothers, as u kill each brother, they remain on the battlefield down on 12 knee as u fight the next one. The second brother that spawns clones of himself, after beating him, his clones keep fighting u as u fight the last brother.

In my house in riften, right after the patch, i went there and my follower(dont remember her name)that u get from being thane of riften, attacks u in ur home. This happened when she was at the home all the time. Wasnt having her follow me.

In my house in riften, the maniquines downstairs float in the air and i cannot access them and add/remove armor.

The patch that was supposed to keep stuff that u place on shelves from falloing off, didnt work.

Wepons in ur inventory saying the wrong damage at times, then goes back latter.(this happened to me b4 patch)

Some guards speech is jumbled

In the new bow kill cam, it looks like the arrow is 2 feet away from bow as u release it.

Sometimes when mining ore, u get nothing from it.

This is all i can remember right now, as i remember and come across more, i will repost on this thread.

FIXES PS3: Some people, but not all, are fixing that on PS3 by deleting the game data and then reinstalling it (info by Skullrattla, THANK YOU!)
http://skyrimforum.com/threads/consoles-patch-1-5-26-water-bug.8771/(info by xSuoiveDx, THANK YOU!)

FIXES PC: if you move your Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini files out of their folder , then run the game , this should fix any major problems. The game wil create new ini files with more appropriate settings . (Info by ShenziSixaxis, THANK YOU!)

FIXES XBOX 360:
So, i uninstalled the new patch, installed skyrim onto hard drive, and reinstalled the patch. was still experiencing bug issues. So i uninstalled skyrim(leaving patch installed) and then reinstalled it. This seems to have fixed bug issues, or at least a majority of them. (I came up with this one and it works! It is kind of like the ps3 fix, so ill give u that....But THANK YOU ME!)

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I am not updating from 1.4.26 , but people say that if you move your Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini files out of their folder , then run the game , this should fix any major problems. The game wil create new ini files with more appropriate settings .

It would be good to hear from others on their experinces with the 1.5 patch, especially folks with low-spec PCs.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Had an interesting one just now. I'm already the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, and I had an assassin try to kill me. Other than the obvious "I'm their leader" problem, the note is signed from Astrid, who is, as we all know, at this point dead.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
I am not updating from 1.4.26 , but people say that if you move your Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini files out of their folder , then run the game , this should fix any major problems. The game wil create new ini files with more appropriate settings .

It would be good to hear from others on their experinces with the 1.5 patch, especially folks with low-spec PCs.
That would be great if i played on pc, but im on xbox, and as far as i know, u cant mod files w/o getting banned from live.......But great post. It should help people experiancing the same problems. I love my 360, but sometimes wish it was more user friendly

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
There is a CRAPTON of glitches on the console versions now because of the patch. The most obvious is the PS3 version freezing near water or when trying to go under water and the game freezes. Some people, but not all, are fixing that on PS3 by deleting the game data and then reinstalling it, but I'm not sure if you can do that on 360 (and I'm pretty sure you can't as my brother's 360 game box said it needed ~10MB of HDD space, while my PS3 game box said like 5GB).

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
There is a CRAPTON of glitches on the console versions now because of the patch. The most obvious is the PS3 version freezing near water or when trying to go under water and the game freezes. Some people, but not all, are fixing that on PS3 by deleting the game data and then reinstalling it, but I'm not sure if you can do that on 360 (and I'm pretty sure you can't as my brother's 360 game box said it needed ~10MB of HDD space, while my PS3 game box said like 5GB).
I can see that as u dont HAVE to download it to play, it just makes loading go faster

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
That was more of what patch 1.4 did. I haven't seen any reports of decreased load times of any significance.
Ya, but i cant uninstall it and reinstall it. I never installed it in the first place.....dont need to

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
i dont play on ps3 i play on xbox360. Downloading the game is not required. U can download it to speed up load times, but i never do. Hard drive full of movies.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
The game data is the game installed on the hard drive, basically, not something you download. 360 doesn't do that, but has the option. When you pop a PS3 game into the disc drive for the first time, it installs the game data. If you delete that and start the game, it installs it again.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
on the 360, if u access the game in ur games page, u have the option to install it to the hard drive to make things run more smothly......witch it does make load pages a little faster, but not worth the 7-10 gigs it takes up on the drive. Have done this on a few games(mass effect 2, fallout 3, new vegas, and tropico 3) but like i said, not realy worth the massive space it takes up and the 2-4 hrs. it takes to download.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
on the 360, if u access the game in ur games page, u have the option to install it to the hard drive to make things run more smothly......witch it does make load pages a little faster, but not worth the 7-10 gigs it takes up on the drive. Have done this on a few games(mass effect 2, fallout 3, new vegas, and tropico 3) but like i said, not realy worth the massive space it takes up and the 2-4 hrs. it takes to download.

It's very worth it to install a game to the 360's harddrive. Less wear and tear on your console. And since the 360 has had so many issues, I'd say ever owner of one should do this for your games. When you don't, the disc inside will constantly spin in order for you to play the game. When the game is installed however, it merely sits in the tray, so the console can recognize it. And it does not take 2-4 hours to install. Takes my 360 5 minutes tops to install a game, even one as big as Skyrim.

Unless your 360 is absolute garbage.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
If it takes 2-4 hours to install a game to your 360's drive, it may be worth buying a new drive, as that is very slow. It could be a sign that you either have a very full drive, an old drive, or a drive that is nearing its death.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
.......its less than a year old. I thought that 3-5 gigs per hour is pretty good for an xbox. Especially since they only have one kind. Not like i can go out and buy a faster drive. 250gig drive has 30gig free space....So pretty full. Dont want a new one till they come out with a bigger one......That drive has all my saves from the last 6 years on it plus like 50+ games downloaded off xbox live. And about 100 movies. Hopefully xbox comes out with a 500gig soon.......Hoping for a terabite one........Probably wont happen till the xbox 720 comes out.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
It's very worth it to install a game to the 360's harddrive. Less wear and tear on your console. And since the 360 has had so many issues, I'd say ever owner of one should do this for your games. When you don't, the disc inside will constantly spin in order for you to play the game. When the game is installed however, it merely sits in the tray, so the console can recognize it. And it does not take 2-4 hours to install. Takes my 360 5 minutes tops to install a game, even one as big as Skyrim.

Unless your 360 is absolute garbage.
I dont know, this xbox is less than a year old, and my old one lasted about 6 years w/o sending it back to the factory for repair Plus i used it for netflix. Thats the only way we watch tv. So between gamming and netflix the thing probably ran 16-18 hrs out of the day on av. every day. Under that much stress, 6 years is pretty bad ass i thought. And on that one, i NEVER installed a game disc. And the thing that finally died on it was the laser on the disc reader, yes. So it does put stress on it to run the discs, but not that much. It mainly is, how clean you keep it, and how cool u keep it. I had the external cooling fan, and i built an external air filter for it that would turn brown in a month, then i would replace it. (I own a heating and cooling company, so have access to MASSIVE amounts of filters)

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
But ur right. I wish i could download ALL my games on my hard drive, but they dont make one big enough for all my games, plus all my kids games, and all our movies. If i did this, and all the little tricks i have found to prolong life of the xbox, it would never break;)

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
So i downloaded skyrim onto hard drive. I was wrong, took about 10 min. to install. The long download times i remenber must have been off of LIVE. And the slowness also probably was a result of having 2 kids and a wife online at the same time as the download. That combined with using clearwire internet(3-5 migs) witch runs fine if only one person is online.

So, i uninstalled the new patch, installed skyrim onto hard drive, and reinstalled the patch. was still experiencing bug issues. So i uninstalled skyrim(leaving patch installed) and then reinstalled it. This seems to have fixed bug issues......For the 20 min. i played, didnt see any bugs......will play more when i get home from familys house(easter lunch) and check all bugs i posted to make sure it fixed all, or at least a majority of them.

Train

Is that all you got?!
Okay, so here's where everyone gets out their pitchforks and comes after me. I've hardly ever had any bugs, and very few glitches. The most I've dealt with since the game's release is dropping equiped arrows leaves them on your back until you equip other arrows, unequip, then you can drop (fixed with first patch). Having a sheild equiped then unequiping it leaves the character's left hand curled like it's still holding it until you raise your weapon/fists (still not fixed, but who cares). Occasionally, arrows don't go very far as if they aren't pulled back and drop only a few feet away, despite bow being fully drawn (haven't checked this with latest patch, but it doesn't happen often enough to tell by just playing to check). Sometimes, very rarely, patches of land or a house etc. will loose their texture (they still retain color, and this has happened since day one, but I'm more than used to these kinds of glitches, so it doesn't bother me). Sometimes certain skills are maxed out after char. creation, but return to normal after a while and they never gave that benefit (fixed with latest patch). Underwater would sometimes not display properly (fixed with latest patch, or so far at least since I haven't seen it at all). In Solitude, when leaving the Winking Skeever, sometimes one or two NPC's would fly around real fast and get stuck for a second between Bits and Pieces and Radiant Remnants (not sure if latest patch fixed it, but they always managed to return to normal anyways). Sometimes followers during quests have trouble following, and in Waking Nightmare, sometimes Erandur gets stuck going back up the steps and I literally have to Fus Ro Dah him into place so that the door unlocks (don't know if it's fixed).

I can't think of any more, and since bugs/glitches are extremely rare period for me, it's not like they happen often enough for me to take note of, these are just the ones that do happen often enough for my memory to recall (and when I say sometimes or rarely, I mean it almost never happens at all). Sorry that you guys are having so many issues, that really stinks, but I swear, hardly anything wonky ever happens in my game, and the things that do happen I can't complain about because (a) I understand why it's happening sometimes (I have some knowledge of these things), and I know that with a game this big, more stuff should be going wrong than is and (b) other people are experiencing much worse apparently, so I'm merely grateful that mine's working so smoothly. You may now commence with the lynching... :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts