• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    The Civil war in Skyrim is over. Ulfric Stormcloak victorious. However, in the longer view, the war has only just begun. An alliance is formed between the Empire and Skyrim. Powerful warships are built, to sail for the Somerset Isles, and the Thalmor forces are immediately recalled to defend their beloved homeland. Mercenaries and pirates are more than eager to offer their services. This is a whole new type of war, with people of unimaginable power crossing blades. No quarter is to be given or expected. Both sides have been anticipating this war for decades. Now only strength of arms and the cleverness of minds will determine victory. But darker forces have seen their opportunity and are moving to bring ruin to Tamriel as it is known.

Rules

1- No God modding

2- No one line posts.

3- No Dragonborn and no shouts. None of us are the Dragonborn

4- Absolutely no one line posts, I am begging you!

5- You can create NPC's if you see the need.

6- You can have up to two player controlled characters.

7- Enjoy this RP, it should be a good one!

GUIDELINES

Ok, so we'll start this with the Stormcloak/Imperial ships beginning their attack on the Dominion forces. A short naval battle, and ground battle. After that the allies will set up a beachhead, and the war will commence. To be clear, the rp starts with the allies approaching on their ships.
    Pirates and Mercenaries come in slightly later, and offer their services to either side.
    We will start the RP once we have three to six people, but it will remain open. Please post your character cards HERE.Thank you. I'd also ask that what side you'd want to be on. Pirates and Mercenaries obviously don't have to, as they can choose and change sides at will.

PARTICIPANTS
    Madrar, LL Harc, Longest Skies.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Name: Salthar
    Race:Altmer (High Elf),Vampire
    Class: SpellSword/Sorceror
    Alignment: Thalmor/ Aldmeri Dominion

Appearance: Tall, muscular and thin, gold-yellow eyes, typical elven features, (pointed ears, narrow face)
    pitch black hair, with two scars under his left eye.

Weapons: An Ebony sword with a life absorbing enchantment. An Elven dagger that causes frost damage and drains stamina.

Armour: Generally wears black and gold Thalmor robes with red designs interwoven, but in combat wears ebony armour without the helmet, which is enchanted to resist both fire and magical attacks.

Personality: Generally quiet and withdrawn, but can be friendly with those he deems trustworthy or another vampire. Cold and sarcastic to those that have offended him, and often making caustic remarks at their cost.For some reason, he has an overwhelming hatred of Nords, especially Stormcloaks.

BackStory: Fought in the Imperial-Dominion war, died shortly after, came back as a vampire, and turned his brother. Moved to Skyrim, and started his own coven at the Bloodlet Throne.

Harc

Big Hog
    Character card:
    Name: Lord Aerinir
    Race: Altmer
    Allegiance:Thalmor

Role:commander of the thalmor mage forces.
    Personal info: born 6 days after the oblivion crisis, Aerinir was a curious altmer his father taught him many things about the arcane, and he would always go on childish adventures with his cousin Elenwen, and his friend Naarfin. He joined the thalmor when he was 20 his friend Naarfin and cousin elenwen joined slightly after. Elenwen went Into politics, Naarfin combat, and Aerinir arcane arts. Aerinir has fought many battles in the Great War, those battles got him promoted many times. Now he is the grand Mage. The civil war results surprised him, but now he is awaiting the attackers to show up at his homeland.

Appearance: tall, gold skin, gold eyes, well educated.
    Weapons: ebony dagger of thunderbolts, destruction magic, illusion magic, alteration magic, conjuration magic, restoration magic.

Apparel: non hooded thalmor robes with a gold diamond design in the center of the robes, and a crown representing his leadership of the thalmor mages

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
    Name: Lord Anwrise Harr (aka "The Cold One")
    Race: Dark Elf/Vampire
    Class: "Really Powerful Mage"/ skilled at melee and unarmed combat
    Allegiance:Thalmor/Aldmeri Dominion/ the Dunmer race

Appearance and Apparel: Black daedric silk robes with dearic armor peices that glow blueish instead of red woven in. Long black hair. Light grey skin. A almost perfect face with high cheek bones, smooth skin, laugh lines, a slightly crooked nose. Eyes are as black as the void and iritis that glow red.

Role and History: When Red Mountain in Morrowind blew up life for the Dunmer got harder. When the argonian filth invaded Morrowind, Anwrise Harr commanded a dunmer and undead army. The argonian scum were to many and eventually overran Morrowind because the dunmer numbers were to few. After the war Anwrise and a few hundred of his followers fled to Cyrodiil. Anwrise asked for aid from the empire but was rejected and force to flee with his followers to The Summerset Isles. Anwrise now works for the Thalmor. Anwrise funds the dark elf resistance movement in Morrowind and Forsworn in Skyrim. Anwrise has gathered forsworn in the hundreds and dunmer in the thousands from all over Tamriel to join his cause and the Aldmeri Dominion's of course. Anwrise's plan is to help the Thalmor conquer Cyrodiil and to liberate Morrowind from the argonian scum. Anwrise Harr will then crown himself king of Morrowind. Then put the argonians in there place. Then take half of Skyrim for the Dunmer and give the other half to the Forsworn. Anwrise as built up a massive 10,000 strong undead army for the retaking of Morrowind and commands more than 2,000 ebony armored Dunmer with Thalmor training and dozens of Forsworn elite troops.
    371086-2075x1080.jpg

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Full Name: Captain Bloody-Sails
    Sex/Gender: Male
    Race: Nord
    Affiliation: Thieves guild member.
    Appearance: Pale cream skin, Black Ponytail. 6'3" average muscular frame. Small beard.
    Equipment: Ebony cutlass, war axe, and Dagger. Fine burgundy silk shirt, Black with gold trim coat. white trousers and fine leather boots.
    Fighting Style: Fights with a standard fencing style. Cutlass in one hand, war axe in the other. Dagger is a last resort weapon.
    Personality: loud and outgoing. Revels in combat. Hot blooded and likely to get angry. Likes to drink Rum. Actually a good leader for his seemly unscrupulous personal style.
    and
    Full Name: Kale The Dragon of the Seas
    Sex/Gender: Male
    Race: Redguard
    Affiliation: Thieves guild member.
    Appearance: dark olive skin, shaved hair. 6'5" large muscular frame. Small Goatee. White crescent on his shoulder sun underneath the opening.
    Equipment: Pair of Ebony Scimitars. No shirt, though Wide Red scarf like belt. Baggy white trousers and black gold trimmed boots.
    Fighting Style: Casts armor spells upon himself then fights with his one handed swords in both hands. He tries
    to slay his opponent before he gets hit. Usually has problems with large groups of skilled armored opponents.
    Personality: loud and outgoing. Much more level headed compared to his captain. Revels in combat. Likes to drink Rum.

Backgrounds: On the seas it takes a special kin of man. And from the gutters of their worlds two men emerged. Captain Bloody-Sails and his first mate Kale cut out their own piece of the profit. Bloody-Sails was orphaned when the civil war started. And had to grow up without the proper father figure. He soon fled on a East Empire Trading ship when it was beset by pirates. Growing up among these men he found a similar soul. And so Bloody-Sails and Kale formed their own band and the rest is history. The two men are often together which has lead to jokes from other pirate groups. The truth is they are brothers born of conflict and the need to survive. They often commandeer their next ship then sell it if they do not like it. They are rich men now, and most believe they stay pirates because everything else seems boring.

Tyrone

Name: Orian Mondelmar

Race: High Elf

Class: Wizard

Allignment: Psijic Order (Former Thalmor)

Appearance: His hair has grown long and dirty since he left the thalmor, going down to the end of his neck. A short beard has sprout up, and the wizard's once-white hair would be more grey than a couple years ago. He would look to be somewhere in his 40's, with typical altmer yellow skin and yellow eyes. He would look dashing, if he shaved his beard and cut his hair down to what it once was.

Weapons: Orian would carry an oddly shaped wooden staff, with a crystal at the end of it. He would carry no sword or any other weapon, preferring to use only magic.

Armour: He would wear black robes, with a gold trim on them and two pauldrons containing golden dragons would adorn his shoulders (closest thing in-game would be miraak's robes).

Personality: Orian would be rather shy and reclusive, preferring to keep to himself at all times. He rarely leaves his house in Raven Rock, and even then it is to get materials for his experiments with magic. He would be rather paranoid, fearing thalmor assassins will one day get him.

Backstory: After the great war, a thalmor agent from a powerful altmer family was sent to Skyrim to root out worship of Talos. He was to infiltrate the College of Winterhold in particular, making sure to nab hold of skyrim's mages should skyrim and the thalmor ever be in a war. Five years ago, however, Orian abandoned this after meeting with a psijic monk. He renounced his ties to the thalmor and joined the order in secret, taking the oath of a monk. Now, he lives in Raven Rock spending his days conducting magical experiments.

As a side note, I am getting back into Roleplay and have never really played a mage before, feel free to tell me if I do anything wrong or give feedback :)

Anwrise888

When is this going to start.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    So much Thalmor... If I had to guess it would be soon get the thalmor side set up and posted. then try and get some non-Dominion people to post for the opposing side.

Anwrise888

I am thinking about having a undead dragon mount. I hope this rp will be busy.

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    Ok here goes.

Name : Di'ka 'Croc'
    Race : Argonian.
    Trade : Mercenary
    Personality : Savage, ruthless, and a brutal lizard, he sees authority as mere talkers, and prefers to settle things with a blade. He is never afraid of a bit of dirt, and will walk through a muddy swamp without a second thought. His personal conditioning has made him a capable and athletic warrior. Doesn't speak much, only when it is a must.
    Bio: As a young hatchling, he was raised by a deadbeat father on the run, he learnt the way of the sword when he moved to hammerfell running from the law with his dad. He found that killing was his best ability and focused on such. He has no honour and doesn't have a boundary.
    Appearance. Tall, muscular and a strong frame, he usually wears a black version that loosk like the dawnguard armour, with a black cap billowing out behind, and a black hood masking his face. He'd have plain features, no scars and a plain, hornless head.

Additional notes: Will just side with the Imperials as an Infiltrator due to his Skill., and will bring a group of other warriors from a Pirate clan (Because that's how he got to Summerset Isles in the first place)

Hit me up if you want him!

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    This sounds like fun! Mostly just because I think I'll be the first on the Imperial/Stormcloak side.
    Name: Hermiana Lex

Race: Imperial

Class: Scout

Looks:
    fantasy_archer_girl_by_shurjo-d5vg3pu.jpg

Personality:
    Bright, enthusiastic girl. She’s tactical and analytical, and loves a good book. Unfortunately for her in this, she hates boats. Like… HATES them. She has awful sea sickness and on her way into Skyrim had to go through that. Very naïve as well. She tends to trust easily and can be overly analytical to the point that she becomes indecisive.

Weapons: Jack-of-all trades kind of character. Not in that she’s great at everything, just that she’s good at a lot of things. She doesn’t excel at anything except Archery. She prefers a shortbow, taking an enemy down in full visibility.

Fighting Style: Chaotic, all-over the place. Acrobatic to say the least. One minute she’s jumping the next she’s running, it seems disorganized, but if she’s gone as far as getting into the fight, she’s got a plan.

Skills:
    Major- Archery, Minor - One-handed Weapons, Block, Light Armor, Speech, Alchemy
    Struggles: Sneak, any form of Magic, heavy weaponry and armor

Bio: Well. Think of her as a bright-eyed student. Her background I’m hoping to keep as quite the twist later on. She may not be a war hero, but she’ll make her mark, I’m sure. ;)

Quote: “Dodge left. No right. Maybe if he… Oh! I could just shoot him!”

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Let me be the first to say wonderful card. And I hope you don't mind being patient as a few more people are needed.

Harc

Big Hog
    This sounds like fun! Mostly just because I think I'll be the first on the Imperial/Stormcloak side.
    Name: Hermiana Lex

Race: Imperial

Class: Scout

Looks:
    fantasy_archer_girl_by_shurjo-d5vg3pu.jpg

Personality:
    Bright, enthusiastic girl. She’s tactical and analytical, and loves a good book. Unfortunately for her in this, she hates boats. Like… HATES them. She has awful sea sickness and on her way into Skyrim had to go through that. Very naïve as well. She tends to trust easily and can be overly analytical to the point that she becomes indecisive.

Weapons: Jack-of-all trades kind of character. Not in that she’s great at everything, just that she’s good at a lot of things. She doesn’t excel at anything except Archery. She prefers a shortbow, taking an enemy down in full visibility.

Fighting Style: Chaotic, all-over the place. Acrobatic to say the least. One minute she’s jumping the next she’s running, it seems disorganized, but if she’s gone as far as getting into the fight, she’s got a plan.

Skills:
    Major- Archery, Minor - One-handed Weapons, Block, Light Armor, Speech, Alchemy
    Struggles: Sneak, any form of Magic, heavy weaponry and armor

Bio: Well. Think of her as a bright-eyed student. Her background I’m hoping to keep as quite the twist later on. She may not be a war hero, but she’ll make her mark, I’m sure. ;)

Quote: “Dodge left. No right. Maybe if he… Oh! I could just shoot him!”
    Nice! Is she related to Heironymus lex from oblivion?

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    Nice! Is she related to Heironymus lex from oblivion?

I LOVE that you got that reference. I intentionally named her with the same initials, too. They're definitely related, but I'd say there's a huge generational gap. She knows really little about her heritage. It's all part of the fun mystery background :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts