NPC's not giving me mini-side quests

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I talked to whats his name, Tora Shatter Shield, he didn't ask for an amulet of Arkay even though this is the first time I met him.

I also talked to Roggi KnotBeard and he didn't ask for his ancestral shield.

Rolff Stone-Fist didn't even give me the option to get in a brawl with him over his racism of Dark Elves.

The quest dialogues for these mini-side quests isn't even coming up anymore, I'm bothered by this and wondering which mods are causing me to miss out, I'll go over my modlist to see if perhaps theres any preventing me. I know that when I had "Cutting Room Floor" enabled, there was a significant amount of missing quests and such that came without it enabled. I may have left that enabled on accident, I really should delete it.

I may try Solitude to see if that Noster Eagle-Eye still wants his helmet.

For anyone else reading this in the future, you can only do certain side quests one at a time, such as retrieving Roggi Knotbeards Shield, or the Helmet for Noster Eagle Eye (You can not have both quests active at the same time).

But the fact that Tora Shattershield didn't ask for an Amulet of Arkay has given me some concerns that maybe I'm not getting the full amount quests I should be. Granted some of them are mundane or pointless, but I'd like to know I can do any and all quests in Vanilla Skyrim. Mine is heavily modded, with probably, I dunno, 40 or 50 mods, some quite extensive.

Also on my last character, with less mods than I have now, I didn't get Boethiah's calling, never found a book of Boethiah, or attacked by a follower. I never brought myself to just go to the shrine myself, but I'm worried that perhaps certain mods are denying me quests I'd like to be completing.

(also the Boethiah daedric artifact is one of the most useful in the game IMO, particularly if you give it to Lydia).

Edit: I have Cutting Room Floor enabled, that may be the fix right there, to stop having that enabled.

Edit: Iddra won't let me pay off Roggi-Knotbeards debts either. This is really strange, it seems a lot of dialogue options are missing, and its probably due to one of my mods.

xsneakyxsimx

With the Boethiah quest, it does have a minimum level requirement of 30, but as to the others, I've not heard of that happening. Perhaps have a read though the Mod comments to gauge if it's a common issue, and if anyone has solutions.

I think with SOOO many missing side quests, I hate to do it, but I'm going to have to start a fresh install and a new character.

Obviously one of my mods has disabled multiple dialogue options, could be cutting room floor, but even after disabling cutting room floor none of the dialogue options came u (also curiously enough upon load up it did not say this version of the game has missing content from whenever I enable/disable a mod).

So I'm gonna start over, I was level 26, which sucks because it did take quite a long time to get that far and I was doing it legitimately too (no trainers) but I'll do the first quest of the game, see if Faendal and Sven still have that lovers quarrel, and then head straight to Windhelm to see if I can get Roggi Knotbeads ancestral shield, pay off his debts, get Rolff Stonefist to fight me and see if Talborn Shattershield still needs his Amulet of Arkay.

I basically uninstalled my mods down to bare minimum as I could go, with just the DLC's, unofficial patches and Skyrim itself, and even then I'm not sure I entirely fixed it. I started a new character, one I don't intend on building, and went straight to windhelm. I still couldn't get the quest from Iddra to pay off Roggi Knotbeards debts, nor the ancestral shield from Knotbeard himself, however I had better success in Windhelm, I could still fistfight with Rolff-Stonefist, and the Patron of the ShatterShield clan still needed his amulet of Arkay.

Edit: Right now it could be a time of day matter with the game with all the mods uninstalled, preventing me from paying off Roggi Knotbeads debts or finding his ancestral shield, and then I can trouble shoot from there. For now I'm gonna play another game (Company of Heroes 2) but I definitely intend on getting back into Skyrim, even if I have to start a new character from scratch.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts