Nogar's Tales- The Dragon-Wolf's Diary

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
This is a tale and playthrough largely inspired by BIGWooly's Nord Refugee Character Diary - Hrisskar III | Skyrim Forums, with some modifications. Due to it's length, I have posted the backstory as a separate entry immediately following this one so it won't be listed on every page!

Name: Nogar-DeFlow Ebonheart
Race: Nord

Playstyle:
—2-Handed weapons (prefers the battle-axe); destined to lead the Companions, join the Stormcloaks (maybe), fight against Alduin and all that threatens Skyrim.
—Do NOTHING during the escape from Helgen, let Hadvar handle everything, and pick up only what the game makes you. Then dump everything at the end of the escape so you make the trek to Riverwood with only your tunic and foot wraps, having to find a way to get enough money for a room at the inn, food for a meal, and get your hands on a weapon.
—Real world living!! Eat and sleep every day, take care of followers and pets. Come from nothing to be the Wolf-Blooded Dragon-Born!!
—Will eventually become a werewolf, ideally at his 18th birthday, but not sure when exactly that will be, have to let the story tell itself!

Play/Game Restrictions:
—Master difficulty
—NO HUD-no compass or health/stamina bars
—Carry weight limited to 20% of total after my armor weight (not including shield)
—Have to sheath weapon(s) to use potions/poisons, and no more than 10-15 carried at a time
—Max 40 arrows in your quiver at a time
—Can’t harvest/loot unreasonable items, like gold, gems and jewelry from animals
—Can’t take items from barrels in people’s shops or yards, it is theirs!
—No overpowered or unrealistic perks, like slowing time, armor weighs nothing, etc
—Must sleep 8 hours per day; can make rare exceptions but must make up for the lost sleep
—Must eat 2 small meals or snacks and 1 large meal per day, same exceptions/rules as sleep
—Must carry clothing of some sort at all times to wear under armor—iron on bare skin sucks!
—No swimming in freezing water (limited exceptions), or while wearing heavy armor!
—Can’t look at the map unless at a known location
—Getting hit by a trap kills you
—No fast travel but can use carts once per day
—No exploits/cheating, no chopping wood for money
—Manual saves only when sleeping/resting at an inn or house, or having a meal at these places (or shut-off-the-game-now emergencies!)
—Auto-saves are ok, but only for freezes, crashes, glitches or emergencies
—If character dies, can reload from most recent auto-save but must spend 7 days at the inn, spending 300 septims at the inn (to cover supposed room, board, healing potions, etc)
==>Allowed to spend less if already carrying food and/or healing potions, subtract 21 septims per day of food on hand and 12 per healing potion
—Skill books are allowed, but must wait at least 2 hours after reading
—Mining allowed, each ore vein requires a 1 hour wait
—No stealing from neutral or friendly NPCs

—Followers—carry 10-15% extra for you
==>Must be fed the same as you
==>Mercenaries must be rehired every day (500 septims/day or equal value through gifts)
==>Non-Mercenaries must also be "paid" every day, but only 250/day since you have "earned" their help
==>Dead is dead, no reloading

—Horses—another 10-15% carry weight
==>Must assume this is left with the horse always
==>Limited feeding—fruits & veggies everyday
==>Dead is dead

—Dogs—no added carry weight
==>Only need 2 meals per day, veggies and raw or cooked meat

Character Restrictions:
àPowers and shouts are okay, but no magic
==>Limited alteration magic (the flesh spells) after becoming a werewolf, as he will learn that these can protect him after he transforms
==>Must wait at least 4 hours after reading a spell book to “learn” the spell
àLock-Picking is forbidden UNLESS:
==>You train a couple of levels with someone or find a couple of skill books, then novice lock are okay
===>For tougher locks, you MUST put perks into lock-picking; novice perk opens apprentice, apprentice opens adept, and so on, so no master locks can be picked until level 80 AND expert lock perk has been taken
==>May only carry 10 picks at a time max!!

Crafting:
Smithing—can’t make anything, but can improve items if purchased or found; only steel and
arcane smithing perks are allowed
==>Improving gear to be done by “paying” the blacksmith to improve them, basically buy something then sell it right back at a big loss
==>Again, no exploits!!
Enchanting—Not allowed!!
==>Must purchase, find, or be rewarded enchanted items
==>Filled soul gems may be purchased to replace the charge on enchanted weapons
Alchemy—allowed with the following restrictions:
==>Must pay to train at least one level before making anything
==>Can ONLY make potions/poisons that have been learned from a recipe, either found or bought, and must pay for training for each recipe learned until level 50 in Alchemy
==>Making potions/poisons just to sell is NOT allowed

Werewolf:
—Only 1 transformation allowed per month, which MUST happen every month on the night of the full moon, to be determined within the game after his 18th birthday
—Must rest for the entire day and night after transformation, very tiring being up all night slaughtering stuff!!
—If he obtains the Ring of Hircine, then he will gain control of his transformations, allowing willful and multiple changes
—If resting at an inn for 7 days when a transformation is supposed to happen, he becomes fully healed to allow for normal transforation

Level points:
—Must be taken in a 2-1 ratio, health to stamina
==>Once developing alteration, can start adding some to magic in order to allow casting of the flesh spells only
==>Better to use reduction perks and gear rather than put points into magika

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
Backstory:
Nogar’s father, Ramus, is a beast of a nord and a former member of the Companion’s Inner Circle, who felt his wolf-blood was a curse since he was never able to control either his transformations or his treachery. A self-inflicted exile was the only choice he could live with, so he took to the forests south of Helgen to live out his days in isolation.

Ramus certainly never expected to find an abandoned, frail, wisp of a girl during his hunting one day, yet there she was. She had seen only 15 summers in her time and called herself Jahwen. She was badly injured, exhausted and starving, having fled from a bandit raiding party 9 days earlier. Her memory was hazy at best, but it seemed both her parents and her uncle had been slaughtered after being set upon by 4 hulking men wearing armor as black as the night. Her father and uncle stood no chance, but lasted long enough for Jahwen and her mother to flee into the woods. The men gave chase, and would surely have caught them both had her mother not sacrificed herself to ensure her daughter’s escape. Jahwen could scarcely imagine the horrifying nightmare her life would become were the marauders able to catch her, so she ran…..and she ran…..and she ran. She didn’t sleep for the first 4 days, and lived off of whatever berries, insects and flowers she dared try. Brief naps from sheer exhaustion overtook her for the next 5 days, but she never slumbered long.

During one of these naps Ramus happened upon her. She was distraught and hysterical and only his offer of food finally brought a response other than wild flailing of her hands and arms, but Jahwen soon started trusting him and his kind actions. As her trust grew so too did her feelings. If finding her was a surprise, then no prophets in Tamriel could have predicted they would fall in love, yet fall they did, deeply and truly. Ramus, with a caring, nurturing ease he thought impossible, opened up to her in ways he had never done, even to himself. Jahwen, relearning to trust and love, saw his nature despite the beast he transformed into when the moon was full. It was meager, but they built a life together, forsaking the rest of the world. Once a month, when the moon was full, Ramus would go alone, deeper into the forest, to release his inner-beast. He had learned to minimize his destruction, but could never truly control the wolf within him.

Perhaps the most shocking part of this tale came a few years later, when Jahwen’s belly began to swell with child. It is known that despite being rapacious lovers, part of the curse of the wolf is not being able to create life. So it was taught to him from his former brothers of the Inner Circle, as it had been passed on for generations beyond count. Amazed and convinced beyond doubt of Jahwen’s loyalty and love for him, Ramus even dared to speak to the oldest of the Inner Circle members. Together they researched all of their many centuries of history, yet never found a hint of a Wolf-Brother or Sister bearing a child. Ramus went back to his love and his life, more confused than ever before, but filled with a strange hope he dared not believe until it was real. Yet real it became when Jahwen bore him a son later that fall, in the year 4E 184. It is no coincidence that this is when the dragons began to stir, and the World Eater, Alduin, awoke and began to devise his plot for domination.

Unbeknownst to Jahwen, her parents or grandparents, or their parents and grandparents before them, she was born of the blood of the dragons. She was the 24th-generation descendant of an unknown bastard son of the glorious Tiber Septim, ruler of the realm, a man raised to a deity by the faith of the Nords, who worship him as Talos. 24 times the blood had been passed down, and 24 times it was passed down only once. Sometimes to a son and sometimes to a daughter, but for almost 600 years, always there was but one child. Jahwen’s dragon blood allowed Ramus’s seed to take hold where no other Wolf’s could, bringing forth the Wolf-Dragon to this world in the body of young Nogar, ordaining him to battle Alduin for the fate of all man and mer. But that is a story for much later.

As was her fate, Jahwen would also bear no other children, for Tamriel would not survive 2 Wolf-Dragons! Neither her, nor Ramus, cared very much, though, as thankful as they were for the blessing of ANY child! So they took to raising their son as best they could in their meager camp in the middle of the forest. And they were quite good at it, instilling in Nogar a kindness of spirit and honor uncommon even amongst the highborn lads of the realm. Jahwen also spent countless hours teaching Nogar to read and write so that he may enjoy the fine literature of the nords. They made the occasional, several-day venture to the closest village, Helgen, to sell some of their hides and excess meats, and to purchase other supplies here and there, but that was the extent of little Nogar’s travels into Skyrim.

Nogar was a great hunter, and a quick learner, from a very young age. By his seventh summer, he had already learned to master his Nord Battle-Cry, making it quite easy for him to capture even the toughest of prey. Ramus, while proud of his son’s ability to master something that he could not do until his 14th summer, took pains to ensure young Nogar learned the value of his once-daily shout as both an opportunity to gain an advantage over his prey and as a last resort should he find himself the hunted.

Ramus shared with Nogar many tales of hunting and fighting with his brothers of the Companions, careful not to mention the true reason for his leaving, the Wolf-Blood common to so many of its members. Also kept from Nogar were the real reasons for his father’s travels every month, as Jahwen and Ramus feared little Nogar’s curiosity would get the better of him one day, and he would follow his father during his ever-dangerous transformations. Ramus knew not what to think about Nogar’s future. There had never before been a child of a man or mer of Wolf’s Blood, and the only known way for one to become a Wolf was through the blood of another. It is too bad Ramus made this decision, for on the day of his birth in his 18th year, the blood of the Wolf would rise strong in Nogar, manifesting itself on the night of the first full moon to follow. Nogar will be ill-prepared for that, having not even the faintest clue that such a thing is even possible this side of Sovngarde, and one can only imagine how he will handle such a situation. With no knowledge of this unfortunate circumstance, they were quite happy and lived as kings, and queen, of their forest until that fateful day in Helgen……

It was the end of Nogar’s 16th summer, and he was tracking a large elk through the forest. He was to meet up with his parents in Helgen when he finished, hopefully carrying his massive prize across his equally massive shoulders. He couldn’t quite make out the outline of the village when he knew something was amiss. An eerie quiet had spread across the forest, and before he could even realize he was being watched, the mace slammed into the back of his head, knocking him unconscious. The civil war, it seems, had made its way to Helgen....

When he came to, he was tightly bound, unable to break his hands free, riding in the back of a carriage heading for Helgen. There were others sharing his fate, and he heard one man telling a horrifying story about a hunter in town with his wife to sell his wares who had fought bravely and ferociously against the Imperial soldiers, taking out a dozen of them with what looked like a dull and very old greatsword. So outraged were the soldiers by this man’s brave and heroic actions that they swarmed around him to beat him into submission. They chose not to kill him directly, but rather forced him to watch as his beautiful wife was savagely raped and then slowly, brutally murdered in front of him. That alone was not enough, though, as the poor hunter had each of his limbs tied to four separate horses, which were then startled into sprinting by the General’s wizard, tearing this man to pieces while he was still alive. The other prisoners scoffed at the man’s tale. He replied that they shall see soon enough, for such a mess is not so easily cleaned up. He also said that was his cue to get out of Helgen while all of his limbs were still attached. He should have thought of that sooner……

Nogar, his head still swooning from the mace’s blow, heard all of this, yet it wasn’t until he was led down the main road through Helgen, and saw the remains of the poor hunter that the reality of what had happened entered his conscious mind. Ramus’s head had been placed on a spike next to the main gate while the rest of him remained scattered across the village. His mother’s burnt corpse had also been placed upon a spike on the other side of the main gate.

Nogar knew then the truth of this other man’s words, his heart broke at the thought of his beautiful mother and noble father, and in his mind he swore an oath to avenge them with the blood of every Imperial he ever would lay eyes upon. What happened next remains a blur in Nogar’s memories. At some point he was knocked unconscious again, but by what he didn’t know.

Upon awakening this time, he found himself lying outside of a cave just north of Helgen. He had no memory of how he got there, only dark, vague images of being dragged through the cave, and of course, what had happened to his parents. He had only the wraps on his feet, the tunic on his back, a bitter taste in his mouth and a path in front of him.

The Imperials couldn’t have known that they had unleashed the source of their destruction. It was the birth of Nogar that awoke the dragons over 16 years ago, but it was the death of Jahwen, his dragon-blooded mother, that had released their powers!

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
looks exciting I can't wait to read about your werewolf as opposed to my vampire. I'm sure Dar-Shein would hate Nogar though since the whole werewolf thing.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
man at the ending words of that backstory I can hear the skyrim theme playing in my head. DOVAHKIIN DOVAHKIIN da da do da other chanting

That is pretty neat, I may start a diary myself. What are your thoughts on the Standing Stones? Are there any you rule out? Or do you just ignore them, by and far?

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
man at the ending words of that backstory I can hear the skyrim theme playing in my head. DOVAHKIIN DOVAHKIIN da da do da other chanting
Thanks, man! This playstyle is infectious, and has really sparked a creativity I didn't even know I had!

And I love working on this backstory and journal while letting the Skyrim theme song play on repeat on my TV.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Thanks, man! This playstyle is infectious, and has really sparked a creativity I didn't even know I had!

And I love working on this backstory and journal while letting the Skyrim theme song play on repeat on my TV.
lol yeah I found that I also enjoy the game so much more when I write about it in a journal, I think that is how BIGwooly ahs mangaed to play the same character for like 300 hours.

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
That is pretty neat, I may start a diary myself. What are your thoughts on the Standing Stones? Are there any you rule out? Or do you just ignore them, by and far?
I guess I don't have much in the way of rules for standing stones, although I don't foresee many of them being of much use during this playthrough so unless I ignore them entirely, it would probably be the warrior or lady stone, but I'm leaning towards not using them at all.

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
18th of Last Seed, 4E 201

This is the first of what will hopefully be many entries into my journal, although after the adventures of my first day alone in Skyrim, I’m not sure how many more I will survive!

So much had happened that it had seemed like an eternity since I entered Helgen, but it was only earlier that morning, and the sun hadn’t even set yet! So there I was, without a copper or septim to my name, tattered clothes and foot wraps, and nothing else. Knowing I would need a place to sleep and some food to eat, I headed off down the road hoping to find something, anything, of use. There were many flowers and berries alongside the road, and I picked several bunches of them, figuring I could at least eat the berries if I got desperate. As I made my way farther down the road I saw a town off in the distance, and I hurried off towards it hoping my bouquets would fetch enough gold for a meal and a bed at an inn. As luck would have it, there was a shop and an inn in this town called Riverwood, and I was able to sell my flowers and spend the night in a warm bed.

I paid for a room, drank a bottle of wine, and laid down to rest. Sleep was difficult, despite my exhaustion, as images of my mother and father engulfed me, plunging me into a depth of despair from which I feared I wouldn’t recover. I arose early, after scarcely any sleep, hoping to go for a swim in the cold river before anyone in town woke up. The water was cold, but refreshing, and it gave me the vigor a little bit of sleep could not. It was when I saw all of the salmon swimming in the river, though, that the first bit of hope began to stir within my soul. Catching them was easy, and I quickly had almost a dozen! This could feed me for a week if I could find a way to cook them all, less if I was forced to eat them raw, but still they were plentiful in the river.

Feeling refreshed and clean, I set out to see what I could gather in hopes of purchasing another night at the inn and some more food. I came across more flowers which I picked, fruitlessly chased a rabbit I saw and found myself halfway back to Helgen when I finally gave up. It was what I saw next that made me cry out praise to Talos, though.

I heard a noise to my left, and nearly jumped out of my tunic when I saw the body of a lifeless Imperial soldier tumble down the rocks towards me! I looked around to find the source of his misfortune, but found nothing, so I went back to grab his uniform, thinking perhaps the Riverwood Trader would offer me a fair price and keep quiet about where it came from. The soldier still had his sword, bow and quiver on him, too, along with a steel dagger! What luck! I would never be able to stand putting on such armor, but I couldn’t believe my fortune to find such useful weapons!

I pulled his body over to the edge of the river and put him behind some trees so as not to attract any attention to my discovery, and continued down the road. I happened upon a hunter making camp at the edge of a large lake, Lake Ilinalta, she called it. She had little interest in anything I was carrying but told me if I could procure some animal pelts she would be happy to pay me a fair price for them.

The road had ended here, as well, so I turned around to head back towards Riverwood. Having harvested all of the flowers from the road earlier, I went closer to the base of the mountain to see if there was anything else worthwhile. Before long I came across a carved out entrance of what looked like a cave. Not knowing what to expect I slowly walked around the corner and came face to face with a large dunmer, half-naked, a greenish tint to his skin, and a huge axe already raised and ready to do me in!

I tried moving back the way I came, but was too slow to react. His first blow nearly killed me, and everything went blurry as blood poured into my eyes. I had but one choice, and used my Nord Battle Cry before I even realized I was doing it. It worked, I’m happy to say, as the dark elf stopped in mid-swing of what surely would have been my final glimpse of this world, and ran away, but got stuck in an outcropping of rocks on the path down to the road. I saw my opportunity and lifted the imperial soldier’s sword high above my head and began raining blows upon him. It only took 3 and he was done for. As his body tumbled down the path it landed right where I had found the imperial soldier, and I realized I had nearly met the same fate at the same hands!

I took what little gold the bandit elf had on him, but was delighted to find fur boots and fur armor that actually fit me, albeit just a little tight. He carried a steel war axe which, while a little heavier, does considerably more damage than the Imperial sword, and a hide shield to boot. I’m certainly not very good with either of them right now, but the axe feels much more natural in my hands than the sword, and the edge is rather sharp.

The Riverwood Trader, despite his constant complaining of thieves, was quite content to purchase the Imperial garb I brought with me, and I stocked up with a couple days worth of food, although I was disappointed at his lack of salt, meaning I will be unable to cook any of my fresh salmon.

It was early afternoon, and after a small snack I wandered upon a trail leading up the hills behind Riverwood. I was a bit nervous, but felt confident that my newfound axe and shield would serve me well. I was almost wrong when 2 wolves set upon me without warning a ways up the path. I flailed wildly with my axe, foolishly wasting my strength, barely using my shield, and blocking poorly when I did. I knew I could not out run them, so I regrouped and focused on blocking their sharp teeth as I readied my axe. I must have been bitten half a dozen times before slaying both wolves, but their pelts help procure the bed I will have beneath me tonight at the inn.

I was about to head back for the night when I saw something else moving out of the corner of my eye. At first I was sure it was another wolf, moving in to finish what his friends had started, yet it made no move to attack. I moved a little closer to get a better look, and it was a dog! He was wounded, having been bitten several times himself by the wolves I had just killed, but seemed quite thankful that I had saved him. I gave him a piece of grilled chicken, which he took gently, and then proceeded to follow me all the way back into town! I didn’t know if the inn would let him inside, but no one seemed to care much. So it seems I have a new friend, and while I’m concerned about having to feed him, too, I am grateful for his companionship, even if he doesn’t talk much!

I can’t believe how much I’ve written this evening, but I also can’t believe how much has happened today! My eyes grow heavy and I think I may actually get some sleep tonight….

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
really great entry you really made it realistic with talking about cooking your salmon. Also excited to see a werewolf and his dog work together! On the part about standing stones I love the lady stone and will soon be getting it as my vampire because it will up my regen and allow me to regen in the sunlight.

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
really great entry you really made it realistic with talking about cooking your salmon. Also excited to see a werewolf and his dog work together! On the part about standing stones I love the lady stone and will soon be getting it as my vampire because it will up my regen and allow me to regen in the sunlight.
Thanks! You know, this is my third time playing through, and I haven't ever seen another PERSON on that road, so when a dead imperial soldier rolled down almost on top of me it was a real "WTF is going on" moment!

As far as the standing stones go, I don't really want them to give me any advantage, so I think I'm going to take the mage stone. It will hardly ever help me except to boost enchanting a little faster when I recharge weapons and then later on when I'm trying to boost alteration to help the wolf survive a little longer!

This is nice, but I can't help but to feel that a Nord Stormcloak is getting a bit repetitive. I'm not saying it's bad, but originality is something to be desired. Maybe he could turn over to the imperials?

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
This is nice, but I can't help but to feel that a Nord Stormcloak is getting a bit repetitive. I'm not saying it's bad, but originality is something to be desired. Maybe he could turn over to the imperials?
That is definitely something I am afraid of and trying to be careful to prevent.

I have a feeling that he is going to be pretty distracted by being a wolf, so I am hoping that part will help guide and dominate the playthrough.

That is definitely something I am afraid of and trying to be careful to prevent.

I have a feeling that he is going to be pretty distracted by being a wolf, so I am hoping that part will help guide and dominate the playthrough.
A good plan. If I may suggest, prehaps you could try taking out bandit camps, to train for The Companions.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
You should make him a werewolf who has some sort of grudge against an enemy that you don't see anyone else talk about. Such as you could really go into the Vigilants of Stendarr and hunt them down or maybe you hate spriggenss and nature protectors in general or maybe your bloodline was wronged by a dragon priest thousands of years ago and you want to avenge it. Just another twist other than werewolf would really help take the obvious out of nord stormcloak

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
5th of Heartfire, 4E 201

If my first day in Skyrim served to give me hope for the future, then these past 2 and a half weeks have served to plunge me into a deep pit of loneliness, despair and ineptitude. My poor dog failed to make it through the very next day after I found him. He was pushed off of the side of a mountain south of Riverwood by yet another wolf attack. I hadn’t even had a chance to name him, and now he is gone!

I have spent most of these past few weeks holed up at the Sleeping Giant Inn, nursing my wounds and racking up a debt to the kind innkeeper that will take several more days to pay off, if I am lucky. Everywhere I go and everything I do shows more and more how ill-prepared I am to be trekking through the wilds of Skyrim. I am near-useless with a shield, finding it difficult to block even the simplest of attacks, and most strikes I attempt with my axe miss wildly, leaving me open to brutal counter-attacks by the likes of beast and man.

A little over 2 weeks ago, towards the outskirts of Lake Ilinalta, I had just finished swimming and chatting with an old hunter who has made a camp on a small island just off the shore. I bid him good day and at his bidding took a bit of honey from the hive near his camp. I thought Talos was smiling down at me when I saw an elk half-stuck in the water closer to the shore. I got in 2 bow strikes from close distance when it broke free and bound out of the lake. I gave chase, getting in a hack with my axe but still it would not fall. I kept chasing, blindly following my prey.

Before I knew it, I was clubbed on the side of my head by something. I turned to find a skeleton standing there, about to end me with another swing of his sword! A skeleton! Gods, how is this possible? For once, I was able to get a good block in with my shield, and began to swing my axe, hoping the ghoul was as frail as he looked. He wasn’t, and withstood my blow, setting up to counter immediately. I knew I couldn’t withstand another swing of his sword, and didn’t trust my blocking ability, so I backed away….right into the waiting pincers of 2 of the largest mudcrabs I have ever seen!

It must have been my hunter friend who showed up to drag me out of the fray and bring me back to the inn to recover, but I can’t be sure. That was when I incurred the first of my debt, having barely 50 coins on me and food enough for 2 more days. I swore to the innkeeper, Delphine, that I would return forthwith to settle with her, and she agreed. I was afraid she would put me to work for a few weeks to pay for my stay, but instead I set out to gather what I could.

I went back towards the edge of the lake, not to exact vengeance on the skeleton and mudcrabs, but because as I was chasing that elk I had seen something up on one of the hills that I felt needed further investigation. There was a partially hidden path leading up to a rocky platform carved into the side of the mountain with a scene I could scarcely believe. Four slain nords and a Thalmor littered the ground of a shrine to Talos! I had no problem stripping the Thalmor scum of his valuables, and am happy to say that I am the proud owner of a fine iron shield that seems to convey protection against magic as well! Such were the depths of my depravity and despair, though, that I searched the nords, and took what meager items of value they had as well. They had left several coins on the shrine, too, and those also went into my pocket.

I hurried back to Riverwood to sell my items, making some decent coin to start paying off my debt to the Sleeping Giant Inn, had a small lunch, and headed back west to see what was beyond the shrine. It seems Talos was not happy with me, for no sooner had I climbed down the other side of the shrine and my day was ruined. I saw a large elk bounding towards me through the trees and hot at his heels 3 rabid wolves nipping at them. I was in a crouch alongside the rocks, but was not very well hidden.

Frozen in fear, I prayed the wolves would continue past to chase the elk. They did not, instead turning towards me, thinking me easier prey than the elk. Knowing that I am no match for three wolves, I wasted no time unleashing my Battle-Cry. That was another mistake. While it caused those three wolves to flee, I was quickly swarmed by 6 more who had been alerted to me by my shout! Now it was my turn to flee through the trees with wolves at my heels! I almost made it to the lake, and my salvation, but my breath failed me 10 strides too early. They charged and made short work of me. I don’t know if they left me for dead out of spite, or were chased off by someone or something else, but I awoke this morning back at the Sleeping Giant, with an ever-growing debt, a new oath of repayment and a burning in the pit of my stomach from the guilt of how I had desecrated Talos.

I must make amends. I will give those poor people a proper burial, remove the unholy Thalmor’s body, and pay tribute to Talos with my most prized possession, this iron shield of magic protection. I can only hope that this regains my favor with Talos to see me through this horrible time.

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
You should make him a werewolf who has some sort of grudge against an enemy that you don't see anyone else talk about. Such as you could really go into the Vigilants of Stendarr and hunt them down or maybe you hate spriggenss and nature protectors in general or maybe your bloodline was wronged by a dragon priest thousands of years ago and you want to avenge it. Just another twist other than werewolf would really help take the obvious out of nord stormcloak
Yeah, I have a couple of interesting ideas for Nogar, don't worry. I certainly don't want it to be Hrisskar 2.0!

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
I loved hunting the Vigilants. They have great loot, and you always have a good excuse to whack on an a bad character. ;)
Yeah, I'm thinking about Nogar being more of a vigilante, trying to rid Skyrim of those who work against the good of the nords.
Also, I haven't gone too far into the main questline with any of my characters, but I think there is a way to negotiate a peace treaty between stormcloaks and imperials instead of choosing a side.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts