• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Was this helpful?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boyd

Article Writah
First thing you want to do is finish the quests, Discerning the Transmundane and Harvest Blood.

Next you will got to a little Scene, which result in the Wreteched Abyss killing Septimus.

You will then get the option to read the book, but don't read it or scroll through the pages. Just take it, and get out.

Go to your home in whiterun, or whatever location your house is in, and go to the bookshelf.

Save and get ready. What you do is click on the book shelf, and put the Oghima Infinium on it, but don't exit the menu.

Get ready. Press B then quickly press A before the book goes on the shelf. Press X to take all, and then Press A immediatly and you'll open up the book. Just click "Do not Read" and you'll put it in your inventory. Now you have 2 Oghima's.

This is difficult, and sometimes you won't get it. Just get up to 80 books, and store all of them in your cupboard. Then take out 18 at a time and store them on the bookshelf, and then read them while they are on it.

Have fun with maxed out skills or a lot of money!

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
bit tricky took a couple trys before I got the technique down but once I did I was able to get a new character for 23 to 81 in 30 mins lazily of course

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
if you wanna bump your post please do so but you can keep the posting clean by deleteing previous bumps

and by the way its spelled Oghma Infinium.

christof21

Just spent a few hours completing the Discerning the Transmundane and Harvest Blood. Then the next 10-15 mins playing with the Oghima glitch. Still working a treat on v1.4 PS3 :)

evoliphant

Seems like I read somewhere that some version of this glitch on the PC was fixed with the last patch. There is a way to still get 100 experience in all stats from the book but it's different mechanism than what OP says. There is no duplication of books, but there is an ability to keep reading the book over and over. Here is what is currently working for PC:
AS ALWAYS SAVE YOUR GAME FIRST!

1. Activate bookshelf.
2. Store book on shelf.
3. Before leaving menu, go up to bookshelf inventory and read the book and pick your path.
4. Store book, leave menu.
5. Put your crosshairs directly on the book. This is important. NOT ON THE BOOKSHELF BUT DIRECTLY ON THE BOOK. It will give you the "Press E: to take book" option.
6. Very quickly press E: a bunch of times as fast as you can. (This is the tricky part as one of two things will happen)

a. If you see the OPENED BOOK along with the commands to not read and pick paths options, pick DO NOT READ and store the book back on shelf and repeat step 6 until you get this...

b. If you get the 'do not read' and pick your path options and there is NO OPEN BOOK VISIBLE ON THE SCREEN, pick do not read and go on to step 7.

7. Once you at this step, you should basically be in the active bookshelf AND you should have the book in your own inventory. Look in your inventory for book.

8. REad book, pick your path.

9. Tab once to exit the read screen but do not exit the active bookshelf.

10. Store your book back on bookshelf.

11. Tab again to exit active bookshelf.

12. go to step 5-11 and repeat as many times as you want.

trekie4ever

Just did it yesterday on the ps3 with 1.4... definitely still works yay!! Enchanted a full set of dragon scale armor to reduce destruction spells to nada

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
specify if this is XBox 360, PC, or PS3 for the sake of others who may think its PC. The colour changing made it hard to focus when reading it. Also try to write this without specific controls for anyone system.

Demoraj

Simply place, exit, open book, don't read, open bookshelf, read book, place back without exiting, repeat, still works the same way on ps3 for me..

Duon

Graphic Designer
I'm on Xbox 360 an use another method. (Patched to 1.5)

1. Open Bookshelf.
2. Read book and choose path.
3. Quickly press B to close book and then X to place it on shelf, then B again to close shelf.
4. Wait a second or two then pick the book back up off the shelf. (do not read)
5. Wash rinse repeat till maxed.

This doesn't duplicate the book but allows you to use the same one multiple times and takes far less effort then the "dupe method" which requires the timing of a 13 yr old Korean girl...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts