• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    This is my first thread; The story is being continued off from where we left off at Candlehearth Hall. To sum it all up, it is about wood elf named Scarlett who has just arrived at Skyrim from her home in RavenRock. She was tired of everyday being exactly the same and of all the local Dunmer who were content with such monotony, so she set off on the Northern Maiden for Windhelm. Her wishes for adventure were quickly answered when she became hopelessly lost in Windhelm's maze-like streets and was mugged by a large group of thieves. Cold, septimless, and alone, Scarlett eventually wandered into Candlehearth Hall where the plain-as-day nervousness and shock of her recent encounter attracted the attention of Kalib, a Redguard bounty hunter and lycan. After he learned of Scarlett's plight, he offered his assistance in tracking down her thieves and bringing them to justice. Thusly, the unlikely pair find themselves on the streets of Windhelm in the cold dark of the night. The hunt was on.

Usual rules apply: No meta-gaming, power-gaming, ect. We are open to new characters joining but ask that you please message us first. The OOC thread can be found here: New Beginnings

Last edited:
    With newfound confidence, Scarlett ventured into dark streets of the city, her unseen protector following from above. She wandered for hours without seeing a soul, a deep chill settling into her bones.
    She sighed, ready to give up, when she heard a soft sound from behind her, the scrap of a boot upon stone. She turned around to find nothing but an empty street. She heard it again, this time unsheathing her dagger as she whirled around searching for its source. Her dagger glinted in the moonlight, the pale blue blade unmistakably forged from stahlrim, a rarity that had been dubbed by the locals of Solstheim as "enchanted ice."

A boot shot out of the darkness and tripped Scarlett. She fell, hitting the ground hard, and her dagger flew out of her clumsy, half-frozen hands. A hunched figure sent her dagger skittering across the icy street, far out of reach. Scarlett got to her feet, the figure looming over her. The figure reached for her, and Scarlett threw all her weight into a swift kick to below the figure's belt, praying that her assailant was indeed a man.

The figure doubled over with a groan and Scarlett took the chance to flee. As she ran, she silently thanked Teldryn Sero, her mentor and the one who taught her that move.

Vicente Valtiere

Darkness rises when Silence dies.
    As Scarlett ran, she became aware of another presence following her. Assuming it was Kalib, she didn't worry, until a hand gripped her shoulder and spun her around. She saw her assailant was an Argonian, very young. No older than 15! In the split second before she threw him off, the only look on his face was outright surprise. Scarlett drew her weapon, to swing, but the Argonian bandit simply caught the blade in his hand, twisting it out of hers. It fell to the ground with a clang. The next thing Scarlett knew, it was in his hand. The Argonian looked around, eyed the weapon, and held it out to her, for her to take.
    "I have seen you before," the Argonian said in a voice that was oddly smooth, unlike the normal raspy Argonian voice, "and I mean no harm. These fools believe I serve them."
    He frowned, and his red eyes flashed, "Huzul serves NOBODY."
    He eyed the weapon he was offering to Scarlett.

This was beginning to be the single most eventful day of Scarlett's young life. Flustered and confused by the new stranger before her she couldn't help but recall the comment she made to Kalib earlier about her being a magnet of trouble, like slaughterfish bait. She eyed her dagger, wondering if the Argonian was simply toying with her. She scanned the rooftops, hoping Kalib was near, but all she could make out in the darkness were the stone blackbird sentinels that stood guard from the rooftops.

Where is he? Has he abandoned me? Or worse, did he get into some kind of trouble? I pray he's alright...

At last, Scarlett tentatively took her dagger from the Argonian but did not sheathe it. Scarlett's mind raced; for now, it seemed that she was alone.

"Who are you? Are you one of the group of thieves who stole everything from me!?"

Vicente Valtiere

Huzul seemed calm.
    "Heh heh, no. I am Huzul. The Pale Snake, they call me. I am an assassin. I hear talk of bandits, I infiltrate. Join, then take out from the inside."
    Scarlett didn't know what to believe, she looked around, wanting to find Kalib, without letting the Argonian out of her sight. Looking at him from the corner of her eye, she couldn't help but notice that both of his eyes were lazy, yet he seemed alert.
    "I have seen you before," Huzul continued, "in a dream. I just can't remember which."

Kalib

He was alert, and when the argonian went down, Kalib would descend from the darkness. Moving silently off of the roof tops and venturing out into the open light available. He looked over at Scarlett, and then at the lizard man standing by her. For now, he'd be silent. Feeling that there was no reason, as of yet, for him to speak.

Kalib

He was alert, and when the argonian went down, Kalib would descend from the darkness. Moving silently off of the roof tops and venturing out into the open light available. He looked over at Scarlett, and then at the lizard man standing by her. For now, he'd be silent. Feeling that there was no reason, as of yet, for him to speak.

Kalib

Seeing Kalib enter the pool of light cast by a nearby brazier, Scarlett's eyes widened in surprise. She hadn't heard a single sound as he approached. She breathed a sigh of relief, happy to that he was okay.

"Where did you go? I'd thought something had happened to you!"

She looked at Huzul, bewilderment written across her face. And if you didn't hear, this is Huzul. He claims that he infiltrated a group of bandits and wants to overthrow them... I'm not entirely sure what to make of him. If he is what he says, he could help us, maybe."

Vicente Valtiere

Huzul simply stood there. He clicked his tongue once, immediately seeming aware of Kalib nearby. He didn't say anything, and didn't acknowledge much.
    (Fun fact I discovered: Argonians, when expressing their feelings, don't move their face as men and mer do. The only facial expressions they make are the narrowing of eyes, and baring of teeth to show anger. The more you know. :p)
    Huzul stood there, half concealed in shadow, waiting for Kalib to reply.

Kalib

"It's easier to stalk prey when they don't know you come for them. Besides, you were in no danger. Of that, I can assure you."

He'd state with an overly grim tone to his voice as he turned his attention over towards Huzul. A low and guttural growl came from the very pit of his throat. The sound was reminiscent of a wolf's growl. Kalib then turned back to Scarlett.

"He may be of little use to us. But, you are the one who was wronged. So it is you whom has to decide whether or not to trust this youngling."

Kalib said while folding father broad arms up and in front of his chest. He wasn't really all that glad to be working with another person, but then again, he'd normally just kept to himself and worked alone.

Vicente Valtiere

(Hey guys. I'm slipping in a post before school.)
    Huzul just stood there, and when Kalib growled, Huzul imitated it. "I don't believe I'm intimidating, true. But I know I have the skills needed to stay alive. And also to protect another. Let me come, or don't."

Scarlett paced a bit, though careful to always keep her eyes on Huzul.

"I'm not the person to ask when it comes discerning whether someone is telling the truth or not, but if Huzul IS telling the truth, he could most certainly help us. I've wandered out here in the cold for half the night, and we're nowhere closer to tracking the bandits down than when we started. We don't have to trust him to work with him...What's that saying? The enemy of my enemy is my friend?"

The entire time she paced, Huzul followed her movements despite his strange, unfocused eyes. This disturbed Scarlett more than a little, and why his eyes appeared so vacant nagged at her. At last it hit her, though.

"You're blind, aren't you?" she suddenly blurted out. "How do you know where I am?"

Vicente Valtiere

"Yes. I am blind. I won't reveal how, or why, or what happened. I know where you are because of a rare magic that you wouldn't believe if I told you."
    Huzul seemed calm, almost uninterested.

His response created more questions than answers, but Scarlett decided it was best to just let the matter drop.

"Supposing we do work together for now, what should be our next move?"

Vicente Valtiere

Huzul looked at Scarlett. Again, this was found creepy.
    "The next move is irrelevant. Our main goal is relevant. We have same enemy. I'm not your enemy. I'm a stranger seeking friendship. Or at least I'm an assassin seeking advantage over an enemy with someone who could be a friend."
    Huzul took his eyes off of Scarlett, looking down, seeming uninterested. He flicked his tail once, and looked up at Scarlett.
    "Don't you two have some sort of initiation I can go through?" he asked.

"I'd think helping us get my belongings back would be initiation enough. Unless things are different here in Skyrim and initiations are some sort of custom I don't know about..."

Scarlett shivered. "So will you help us? I don't think I can go another night without a proper means to staying warm."

Vicente Valtiere

"I will help you, if I know what to do. I know my fair share of spells, none of which are popular.... or legal."

Trying not to think to much into what spells he meant by that, Scarlett nervously replied, "Err, perhaps we could not use those spells if we don't have too... I'm already treated poorly by most here for being an elf; I don't want to give them a reason to lock me up too."

"So, uh, you know more about the bandits than Kalib or myself. How do you suggest we proceed?"

Vicente Valtiere

"You wouldn't get locked up, and neither would I. Doing what I do, petty laws mean nothing to me. And I've 'joined' them....."
    Huzul paused, as he knew she probably wouldn't accept his sincere offer.
    "I could pretend to have 'captured' one of you as a prisoner. To do this, we'd need trust."
    Huzul looked to Kalib particularly, again creepy due to his utter blindness.
    "That would move me up their ranks. Then, I access their vault, and get your belongings back. Afterwards, I use a Dark Brotherhood tactic...."
    Huzul reached into his pocket, pulling out a few handfuls of Poisoned Apples that obviously couldn't possibly have fit into the pocket of his Thieve's Guild armor. He smiled eerily, replacing them.
    "Then, I bust you out, and we celebrate. I've had years worth of experience in shadows. Using them, hiding in them, even manipulating them...."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts