• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Travis25

This will be my first computer build and i know i can do it after watching videos. Ill mainly play skyrim and want the graphics to be great and the machine to run quite and i have a budget of 500 and could go to 600. Can you guys recommend some builds that would fit my needs?

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Are you upgrading a computer or totally starting from scratch ? IE: need case and everything that goes in it.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Are you upgrading a computer or totally starting from scratch ? IE: need case and everything that goes in it.
especially whether or not a monitor purchase is going to be needed.

If you are starting from total scratch what you end up with for 500-600 will be fairly different to something if you had a case, some drives and a power supply you could use from a previous system. This is magnified by whether you need a monitor or not as an average one usually will run 120-200 bucks and up.

Processor, motherboard and video card will be your largest costs typically. RAM is fairly cheap and you can always get a lesser amount now and then add to it later. Hard drives are fairly cheap for 500GB - 1TB and like RAM, you could always add in a second drive later. You can find a good DVD burner for $20 or so now pretty easily. You can get one that reads Blu-ray for about 50 and one that burns Blu-ray for about 100.

You can get a motherboard with integrated sound and network cards.

If you need to buy a case, you can actually find a pretty good one in the 50-100 range, though you can certainly find higher-end ones for more.

A decent power supply could be found in the 65-100 range or so.

Other peripherals such as mice, keyboard, speakers, and cables and such can be found ranging from very cheap to very expensive just depending upon what you want and how much budget is left.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts