PC My eyes are missing...help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

stetchkov

So I bought the game yesterday. Played for two hours currently in Whiterun just chilling. I decided to add a bunch of mods to make the game more enjoyable for myself. Sometime between yesterday and today I noticed my eyes were extremely dark after looking closer I realized my character didnt have any eyes whats so ever. The ONLY races that do have eyes are the Khajiit and Argonians while in the "showracemenu". When I look at all the NPCs they all have eyes, so I'm the only one in all of skyrim with no eyes. Please help, this is really frustrating.

Screenshots with no eyes:
2qbul4w.jpg

wsaf7l.jpg

Patrick Bradley

I had this same bug, the way to fix this is actually very simple.

This is caused by some video cards not being able to handle/process the Anti Aliasing (AA) Properly.

In order to have your eyes reappear you'll need to close the game down, restart the launcher and then go to the options. Once here bring your AA settings lower. Save, close and restart the game and you'll be good to go.

Hope this helps you and any one else with the problem, as I couldn't actually find a fix any where so I wanted to share it with everyone.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
This is also a known game bug related to invisibility spells and potions.
No it isn't. This is a different issue with the solution provided in this thread.

For the eye texture issue caused by invisibility you don't need to use the mod, which really isn't a fix so much as it is a workaround by replacing the invisibility effect with an alternative one that players may find unappealing. You can restore the eyetextures by pulling up the showracemenu. Alternatively you can simply save your game, exit to the main menu and reload.

ryanlightning

No it isn't. This is a different issue with the solution provided in this thread.

For the eye texture issue caused by invisibility you don't need to use the mod, which really isn't a fix so much as it is a workaround by replacing the invisibility effect with an alternative one that players may find unappealing. You can restore the eyetextures by pulling up the showracemenu. Alternatively you can simply save your game, exit to the main menu and reload.

Your wrong.

1. Your assuming the solution you propose a) solved the OP's problem (he never replied) 2) that the solutions you propose for the invisibility glitch works (they don't).

2. A careful reading of my post will show that I included the phrase "this is also a known game issue..." this is a true statement, and you can verify this by following this link: Unofficial Buglist - Bethesda Softworks Forums
I didn't assume that I knew what the problem the OP was having exactly and referred him to a known problem that is similarly described.

3. Your right, the mod I linked to is a workaround hence why it includes the term workaround in the title. I included it as I hoped it might help and never assumed it solved the problem which is why I said "It didn't work for me but might for you."

All in all you make a bunch of unsupported assumptions which do little to help people trying to deal with this frustrating problem which you dismiss out of hand. As if everyone that has this problem doesn't know how to save/reload their games or use the showracemenu command. To make matters worse you attempt to shut down anyone that attempts to offer an alternative solution to your assumed solutions.

ryanlightning

If the OP's problem is the invisibility bug it appears to permanently corrupt the eye shape textures. I tried to fix the problem in the Creation Kit only to find it replicated there as well. At this point thinking the only solutions involve either manually replacing the textures or reinstalling the game. However the problem is that neither of these solutions will fix the bug and the textures will again be corrupted the next time a powerful invisibility spell/potion is used.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
1. Your assuming the solution you propose a) solved the OP's problem (he never replied) 2) that the solutions you propose for the invisibility glitch works (they don't).
The solutions I provided do work for the invisibility eye texture glitch. I use invisibility frequently and it does glitch the eye textures every time and either solution works every time. I speak from direct experience. It's also clearly referenced as a solution from several other sources including the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages and the same forum you cited. I have no idea why you incorrectly are insisting to the contrary but it only makes you sound defensive and ignorant.

Further, it is also not the same issue as the OP clearly shows the effect remains with the showracemenu. In addition, a subsequent post in the thread implies that the posted solution by Patrick Bradley did work for this particular issue. I assumed nothing. You on the other hand assumed a lot.

ryanlightning

So I FINALLY found a fix that worked for ME!!!!

None of the other fixes I found posted here and other places worked including:

1. The anti-aliasing solution (lower or increase depending on different user experiences)
2. The 'showracemenu' console solution coupled with a save and reload/restart.

I even uninstalled the game and all my mods to no avail.

What worked for me was deleting the following files (thanks to Monkeyes62 for the fix):
Skyrim.ini
SkyrimPrefs.ini
RendererInfo.txt
NOTE: I deleted the above files and after seeing that the problem was fixed I restored them to create a before and after screenshot and oddly enough the problem remained fixed.

I haven't tested to see if this is a permanent fix or the problem will return when I use invisibility spell/potion. I really hope its permanent as it will get old real quick having to delete these files every time I use an invisibility spell/potion.

Description of my original problem:
The textures for all but one of my eye shapes were fouled up to the point of appearing to not be there. The #2 shape was the only usable shape. I think this is due to a mod making the eyes larger for #2. In CK when I zoomed way in I could see the eyes in the other fouled up shapes but they were extremely small and when viewed normally practically invisible (the only way could see they were there was due to their fluttering which made them look worse and even creepy).

This happened after I began playing the Better Vampires mod and used the new invisibility power.

PLEASE NOTE: In trying to find a solution to this problem I've found three of which only one worked for me. If you have a solution that works for you, great, please post! But please, please don't go telling people that a different solution that worked for them is wrong because the solution that worked for you is different. Or don't assume that your solution is the only solution.

Here is the link to Monkeye62's post where I found the fix: Board Message

If anyone's interested here is a shot of my character post-fix using the previously fouled #4 shape: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34871649/2012-08-27_00001.jpg

Patrick Bradley

So I FINALLY found a fix that worked for ME!!!!

None of the other fixes I found posted here and other places worked including:

1. The anti-aliasing solution (lower or increase depending on different user experiences)
2. The 'showracemenu' console solution coupled with a save and reload/restart.

I even uninstalled the game and all my mods to no avail.

What worked for me was deleting the following files (thanks to Monkeyes62 for the fix):
Skyrim.ini
SkyrimPrefs.ini
RendererInfo.txt
NOTE: I deleted the above files and after seeing that the problem was fixed I restored them to create a before and after screenshot and oddly enough the problem remained fixed.

Based on what i am seeing here there was an issue with a setting in one of those files.

Generally when you apply the AA fix that is a setting that can commonly cause this issue. In your particular case there seems to have been some setting that altering the AA wasn't attending to.

All and all Nice to see some conversation and now a good list of ways to combat this harmless but annoying issue.

kenjamin62099

hey I know im late but im having the same issues but when I turn off the aa and run it it works but then I open it in skse loader and its back to square one

grandpheonix13

Hey not to add to the necro-ing of old ass posts, but yeah, no eyeballs using SKSE64, eyeballs in standard game. Ive changed the AA to none (figured it would help) and ive looked all over online for an answer. Ive done the things mentioned earlier in this post. trying to find an answer. Anyone got any thoughts?

fatumex

From Reddit User Rhodanum

Expired (the creator of Racemenu) forgot to disable the currently buggy and nonfunctional Face Overlays in the latest update to that mod, which is causing a ton of visual bugs, such as missing eyes.

You don't need to downgrade to an older version of Racemenu, you can fix this yourself by disabling the face overlays. Find the SKSE/Plugins folder, inside the Racemenu mod. In this folder, you should find a file called skee64.ini. Open it with a text editor (I usually use NotePad for this) go to the [Overlays] section and set bEnableFaceOverlays=1 to bEnableFaceOverlays=0.

This worked for me.

grandpheonix13

From Reddit User Rhodanum

Expired (the creator of Racemenu) forgot to disable the currently buggy and nonfunctional Face Overlays in the latest update to that mod, which is causing a ton of visual bugs, such as missing eyes.

You don't need to downgrade to an older version of Racemenu, you can fix this yourself by disabling the face overlays. Find the SKSE/Plugins folder, inside the Racemenu mod. In this folder, you should find a file called skee64.ini. Open it with a text editor (I usually use NotePad for this) go to the [Overlays] section and set bEnableFaceOverlays=1 to bEnableFaceOverlays=0.

This worked for me.

OMG THIS WORKED! I wanted to reply so those in the future know this is a solid fix!

Btw, you rock!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts