• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FlickerWick

El. Psy. Congroo.
I've just finished spending an hour and a bit making this generator which should help you if you're having trouble thinking up Argonian names. I made it for personal use as I can't think of a name for my new character but I figured others might be able get some enjoyment out of it. It makes name like [EnglishWord]-[EnglishWord] and I've found some pretty cool ones so far, like Ember-Dancer and Shadow-Jumper.

It can be found here;

Two-Word Version

Three-Word Version

Like it or not? Are there certain words you'd like to see included in either part? Let me know if you have something to say regarding anything. :)

EDIT: Updated with a Verb-Noun-Comparative Adjective three-word version. Check it out!

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
This could prove useful to some people, so good job. Personally I've only played as an Argonian a couple times since Daggerfall and he was always called Whiptail.

Ragnar

The Red One
That's really neat and very helpful. Thanks for sharing it with us, FlickerWick.

I rub my nipples in salute.

Morgan

Pretty nice! The first one I got was "Sun Seeker." I dunno about an Argonian, but that describes ME pretty succintly!

Harperlarp

I took my inspiration from the legendary "hauls ropes faster" from oblivion. I called my Argonian sneaky assassin Kills Without Mercy.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Nice work! I got Stone Swimmer my first go... seems that would be a little painful, though. :D

It would be fun to see a three-word variation; you could probably get some hilarious Mad Libesque results. First word would be a verb, second a noun, third a comparitive adjective—like Hauls-Ropes-Faster. So you'd get things like, Pushes-Boulders-Higher or Eats-Flowers-Lazier.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Haha OMG I decided to play my first Argonian tonite, and I'm actually having more fun with this than the game itself LOL. Finishes Dwarves Attractively? OMG super win :D

Saozig

Hippy
Made a screenshot of this because if i said this is what i got on my 3rd try, some might think I was BS'ing (pun intended):

tellspoopdangerously_zps5168f2f5.jpg

BTW, if anyone wants that name, take it. I won't be using it...

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
The Professor likes the idea and appreciates that you went through the process of making it. However, the generator lacks a great ordeal of words that could make some really innovative and neat name ideas. Seeing that you only spent an hour doing this, I suggest perhaps a day where you're not busy or simply have nothing to do if you want to improve upon it or make another name generator for another race, etc. Though I do find some of the name results to be humorous, it sort of doesn't follow the Cyrodilic naming system for Argonians. The two-name seems to only go by noun-noun, the first one being a regular noun and the other describing a type of person based on the actions he or she performs. In the link that Gemini provided, there are in-game examples of Argonian characters from the Elder Scrolls series that go by adjective-noun.
  • Big Head
  • Dreaded-Water
  • Fine-Mouth
  • Grey-Throat
  • High-Heart
As for the three-name generator, you've already mentioned that it follows the verb-noun-comparative adjective pattern. In-game, there isn't a specific pattern. From the very same link:
  • Also-He-Washes
  • Sings-Like-Thunder
  • Hauls-Ropes-Faster
  • Swims-In-Swells
  • Hides-His-Foot
I checked that Generator Land website and I now see why you went with that pattern, being that you'd have to make several other generators to perfectly portray the Argonian naming system in the Cyrodilic form. Again, I like the idea of this generator and see that it would be ideal for those that want a Cyrodilic name rather than the normal Saxhleel name (Cool place to generate Argonian names). Just make sure you have a lot of free time when doing this type of thing. It will look a lot better in the end. Cheers!

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
This is great for people like me that cant think of names.

Also speaking of Argonian awesomeness how does on join PAHAA? Do I need to steal sweet rolls from Dunmer childeren? Cause I'm willing to do that.

jRi0T68

I couldn't make this one up if I wanted to. I may need to plan out an Argonian thief/assassin/mercenary who only works to pay his bar tab.
Screenshot_2013-01-05-01-28-53.png

Edit: Might I add, that was the first one that came up.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts