Spoiler Midden: The Astronach Forge Recipes

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
The Midden is under the college of Winterhold, the Astronach forge can be found there and uses the sigil stone from the Master level Conjurers quest

Recipes

Recipes are somewhat flexible: sometimes an ingredient can be replaced with something of higher value of the same category. It is possible to loot recipes from Conjurers; however, they are written in the Daedric alphabet. The best way to find a hidden recipe is to put all food, ingredients, and miscellaneous items in the Dragonborn's inventory into the offering box, then pull the lever. Only items needed for a successful recipe will be consumed. Daedra Hearts and Black Soul Gems, some of the rarer items used in recipes, can be purchased from Enthir within The College of Winterhold.

Fire Atronach (temporary and hostile)
Frost Atronach (temporary and hostile)
Storm Atronach (temporary and hostile)
Random unbound Dremora (temporary and hostile)
  • Sigil Stone
  • 1 Skull
  • 1 Daedra Heart
  • 2 Uncooked red meat (e.g. meat from dogs, goats, Horkers, horses, mammoths, etc.)
Spell Tome - Conjure Flame Atronach
Spell Tome - Conjure Frost Atronach
Spell Tome - Conjure Storm Atronach
Spell Tome - Soul Trap
Staff of the Flame Atronach
Staff of the Frost Atronach
Staff of the Storm Atronach
  • 1 Broom
  • 1 Void Salts
  • 1 Orichalcum Ingot
  • 1 Soul Gem (Greater or higher)
Scroll of Conjure Flame Atronach
Scroll of Conjure Frost Atronach
  • 1 Roll of Paper
  • 1 Frost Salts
  • 1 Charcoal
Scroll of Conjure Storm Atronach
  • 1 Roll of Paper
  • 1 Void Salts
  • 1 Charcoal
Conjurer's Elixir
Fire Salts
  • 1 Salt Pile
  • 1 Ruby
  • 1 Soul Gem (any)
Frost Salts
  • 1 Salt Pile
  • 1 Sapphire
  • 1 Soul Gem (any)
Void Salts
  • 1 Salt Pile
  • 1 Amethyst
  • 1 Soul Gem (any)
Daedra Heart
Daedric armor or weapon
Daedric armor with random enchantment
  • Sigil Stone
  • 1 Daedra Heart
  • 1 Ebony Ingot
  • 1 Void Salts
  • 1 Soul Gem (filled with Greater soul or higher)
Daedric weapon with random enchantment
  • Sigil Stone
  • 1 Daedra Heart
  • 1 Ebony Ingot
  • 1 Silver Sword
  • 1 Soul Gem (filled with Greater soul or higher)
Glitches
  • Enchanted Ebony items may not transform into their Daedric equivalents.
  • When crafting Daedric boots (and possibly Daedric helmets) at the forge, the item will spawn, but it will not be added to the Dragonborn's inventory when it is picked up. On PC, it increases the Dragonborn's current weight as if it were being carried. (Confirmed for 360, PS3 and PC)
    • A makeshift fix is to put the ingredients for the "Deadric armor with random enchantment" recipe in the offering box, save, then craft and reload until you get the desired armor piece.
    • A follower who is commanded to pick up Daedric boots created at the forge will do so, and can equip the item. However, the item will not appear in their inventory, just like the bows melee followers use if left without a close-range weapon.
  • If this helped please LIKE and Give Reputation

Shew

BUMP^

Tidimus

I've done this, but maybe I'm missing something. What is the point? Can you keep them or something that I'm not aware of, or learn the spell or something?

Shew

These are recipes, the spell books are learnable spells... the rest are what they are. What is not to understand.

Tidimus

hmm. I'm thinking then that maybe I was in a different place or I misunderstood. When I did it all I did was summon one of the astronachs. I will have to go back down there

Doomy

Hmmm. Just got my Sigil Stone. The only thing I would want to make at this point is the plain Daedric, but that would require I give up my collection of Glowy Cores, NO WAY !

Shew

I love those cores I use them for decoration in all my houses

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Ever tried to use the Astronach Atronach forge without the Sigil Stone? It's real fun!

Astronach is cool, though, maybe an idea for a mod.

Chryss

when you make the fire atronach (1 ruby, 1 fire salt) is it a 1 shot deal, is it a follower or is it a spell that u can call upon when needed??

Shew

edited the list to reflect what I had thought was obvious

Chryss

Chukkles

Maybe most of us won't understand until we get this SIgil stone.
TBH your not being helpful to those with questions, like What is the point of this thing?
I went down there on mages quest and I put in some ingrediants and it summond a storm atronach, I tought cool, now go kill for me, but it just attacked me????

So what is the main purpose or point of the forge???

Shew

its a daedric forge stuff should not be considered friendly unless its a spell scroll, armor, or book.
And it has no point, most find it through experimentation. It has no quest , or lead in its just there. all of my guides unless they say spoiler are not meant to be that detailed cause I prefer to be informative but not give away to many details and let you have fun in game too. edited to reflect the summons as hostile

Obscure.Ref.Girl

Carpe' Jugular
Kudos

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Another disappointment of the game. The thing is pointless as you can only use it once you've reached a high level, by which time you likely don't need any of the stuff it can make.

Shew

Thank you for your recent likes and reputation points.

Straumgald

Another disappointment of the game. The thing is pointless as you can only use it once you've reached a high level, by which time you likely don't need any of the stuff it can make.
If you don't get any smithing perks beyond the two required to improve magic items its great. Gives me access to Daedric armor, which doesn't drop anywhere. Hardest part for me currently is finding the Ebony chestpeice, no one is selling it! Also as you're leveling up you can save a lot of money by making some of the spell tomes. Just wish I could make daedric boots with it. They spawn, you pick them up and they just don't show, as the notes say on the Wiki... So no set bonus for me ;(
Its pretty fun and just another way the game can be played. The conjuration potions are pretty useful early on, having all your conjured stuff last twice as long.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
The disappointment people give me when they don't see this things purpose... The summons can be used as a fun training ground in a fight. Also the dramora is an amazing source for loot, it almost always has an enchanted weapon. You can make many items here at low cost and sell them for a lot more (ex. Daedric Warhammer has a value of 4000. Ebony Warhammer has a value of 1725, Daedra Heart has a value of 250, Centurion Dynamo Core has a value of 131, and Empty Black Soul Gems have a value of 300. Revenue - Total Cost of Materials = Total Profit. 4000 - (1725 + 250 + 131 + 300) = 1594. That is a profit of ~ 1594 coins for the total cost of all the materials if you were to actually buy them all. The spell tomes are also much cheaper to make then they are to buy. And you can use all non-Sigil Stone recipes at the start of the game. This can make the Atronach Forge the cheapest safe way to get these spells early on in the game.

EDIT: The
Spell Tome: Conjure Flame Atronach is created at an 11 coin lost unless you collect the materials yourself in which case it is free.

Shew

Thank you for your recent likes and reputation points. :)

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
Bump :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts