PC Map markers and pointer not showing

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lizardking1

Basically I have markers for cities, towers, stuff like that, but all my quest markers are gone as well as the little arrow that showed the player's position. This makes it nearly impossible to make quests, since they only show up on the in-game compass and I don't know how far away they are.
I have already tried console command tmm 1, it didn't work. I have quests turned on, and even if I didn't, my player position arrows doesn't appear either. I'm supposed to appear right above Peyrite's shrine.
Screen_Shot133.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Lizardking1

Well it solved it. I lost the colored map markers ability though (I didn't mention I had that since I had no problems with that mod after installing it). I deleted the file and I expected the game to re-create it, but it's still deleted... yet the mod has that file. I doubt it's a file exclusive to that mod, so how is it still running?
As long as I can play, I'm fine though =)

beachboy91

I have the same problem but i don't have a map file in /Skyrim/Data/Interface. Since i installed some mods my player location is gone as well as quest markers on the world map. I don't have the colored map markers if that helps. Would appreciated if someone could help. :)

Armond

Try removing the "Map" File from your Interface folder in your Skyrims Data folder. "The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\Interface.".

This fixed the issue for me as well but like LizardKing1 I don't have the colored map marker mod anymore. Thank you for the advice on fix! ;)

Lizardking1

The only suggestion, and a dumb one I admit, is to get the colored map markers mod from nexusmods and then delete that file... I still get colored markers on the HUD compass.

beachboy91

The only suggestion, and a dumb one I admit, is to get the colored map markers mod from nexusmods and then delete that file... I still get colored markers on the HUD compass.
I get the colored markers on locations. But i wanna get the markers of current location and quest markers. I'm gonna reinstall the game, hopefully that way the problem is solved.

beachboy91

I get the colored markers on locations. But i wanna get the markers of current location and quest markers. I'm gonna reinstall the game, hopefully that way the problem is solved.
It's working as it should now but somehow when i load the old save files it's as i explained but i started on a new game and with no trouble. :)

Marin

Hello dear Ppl !!

I would like to quote Beachboy 91 :

"I have the same problem but i don't have a map file in /Skyrim/Data/Interface. Since i installed some mods my player location is gone as well as quest markers on the world map. I don't have the colored map markers if that helps. Would appreciated if someone could help "

Thank you :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts