PC Main Menu Invisible After 1.2 Update

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cody

This morning Steam auto-updated Skyrim to 1.2. People have been reporting problems with resistances not working and dragons flying backwards. But I have yet to experience any of these issues, because I can not play the game. It loads up to the main menu and shows the ESV Dragon logo thing, but doesn't show the mouse or the menu options (continue, new game, load, quit, etc.) and I am completely unable to play. I am running on a custom pc, Win7 64bit, HP chipset i7, Nvidia GeForce GT555M graphics card. Anybody else have this main menu issue? I have yet to see another post about it anywhere. Advice/assistance would be well appreciated.

beaulieu6

I'm having the same problem. I tried verifying the game cache files and it didnt do anything to help so if anyone knows how to fix it i would appreciate it as well

Cody

I tried that too. I also tried going to the .exe and restoring it to a previous version. Didn't work either. Good to know someone else has the same thing going on, as it's more likely that the issue will be noticed and fixed...

Bloodbane

Yeah, hopefully. If I cant figure it out soon I'm just gonna try and reinstall it.
I would do the same but i dont want to deal with getting all my mods again and whatnot, got this game the night it came out and took two hours to download sooo.... yeah this problem sucks

Bixit

oh, I got in if I disabled all my addons, will try to figure out which one it is causing the problem (for me at least)

Edit: disabling "ValCraftingMeltownAlpha.esp" fixes the problem for me, if anyone else runs that mod

beaulieu6

oh, I got in if I disabled all my addons, will try to figure out which one it is causing the problem (for me at least)

Edit: disabling "ValCraftingMeltownAlpha.esp" fixes the problem for me, if anyone else runs that mod
oh man that's a nice mod too :/

Cody

Yep, that worked for me too. Thanks! Very unfortunate, however, as this was my favorite mod so far...

Cody

I agree it was nice does the creater of this mod know theres an issue?

I'm sure he knows. Either way, you can use the "no arrows" version and it will work without causing this issue, until he updates the full version. I recommend the "Arrowsmith" mod to replace the arrow crafting.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts