• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
Does anyone know if you ever find out who this "friend" is? i thought it was Ulfric for a while, but i kept getting these letters after joining the stormcloaks so it wouldn't make sense for him to keep sending them.

Or do you never find out?

If so, who do you think it might be?

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
Could be the Greybeards, or Esbern? Although you already know then so I don't see the point in them having to send you a letter. Just a thought though.

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
The Greybeards wouldn't make sense either, because you can just go ask them for a shout location. Esbern wouldn't make sense because he doesn't know about you untill you find him. Delphine almost makes sense because that seems like something she would do, but they continue to come after meeting her too, and that kills it.

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
Those are good points. Well, other than the people we've already mentioned, i have no idea of who it could be?

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
It wouldn't be Delphine anyway. The courier uses the male pronoun. "He wouldn't say, just that he was a friend of yours."

I don't think you ever find out. I think it's a game mechanic to encourage or help you to find more words of power.

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
I realize that we're not meant to find out who sends the letters, I think he's just trying to figure out the most logical person to send them.

Necromis

well it could actually be any character you have been friendly towards. Just like people will give you random gifts for being such a good freind to them. I have had Lydia to that to my sneak who is her thane, but never used her as a follower. Again, you are right, it is just a game mechanic to help you find the word walls. Just role play it to be some random person you have helped.

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
Talos?
It would make sense - how else would the 'friend' know you used a shout six miles underground with only Draugr and Lydia for company? Then he could come to Nirn as an Avatar and send the letters.

I hadn't actually considered a god, but i like the talos idea. Or maybe Mehrunes Dagon? He wants you to wreak havoc upon all of Tamriel, so maybe he is tipping you off so you become more powerful?

Hmm I kinda thought it was Delphine for some reason without even thinking about it deeply at all. But after reading this... I guess not. I like the Talos idea now too!

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
I hadn't actually considered a god, but i like the talos idea. Or maybe Mehrunes Dagon? He wants you to wreak havoc upon all of Tamriel, so maybe he is tipping you off so you become more powerful?
I don't see it being Dagon, he's already giving you the means to do so (even if a one per cent chance of an instant kill seems a little ridiculously underpowered for a Daedric artifact). Plus, Talos used Shouts when he as a human, so yeah, I'm gonna say Talos.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
In order for it to make the most sense it would have to be Talos

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

it must be the descendent of the adoring fan. his ancestor trolled your oblivion character, and now the "friend" is "helping" you.

Faizan

Ok guys, it's obviously Ulfric Stormcloak, remember in the beginning when you're in that carriage and the guys are like "We're all friends here" or something, and he used the Thu'um too, so it makes sense

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
lol @ it being Ulfric. If Ulfric is too busy to deal with the butcher in his own city, I highly doubt he'd take the time to help the dragonborn learn new shouts. Plus there's the fact that I still get the letters after I kill him.

I really like the idea of it being Talos. I had always assumed it was Delphine or Esbern, even though it doesn't really make sense.

Shadowbane

Premium Member
It would make for a good quest after you find all the words of power, you get another letter from a friend saying Im glad I could be of so much help then a new quest would come up saying (Discover who this new friend is) or something of that nature

Siah

easy solution: kill everyone. if the letters still come, it's talos or some god :p (of course you'd have to be /able/ to kill everyone... damn 'essential character' crap >.<)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts