Keeper of the Morag Tong - Fedave Sedas

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DarkEastwood

This is another one of the those character journals inspired by BIGwooly's journal of Hrisskar.

Backstory

Fedave's father was a member of the Morag Tong back in the day. After the destruction of Red Mountain, he migrated to Cyrodiil. After a about a hundred years of living pracefully in Bruma, he had a child. This was, as you expect, Fedave. Another hundred or so years later, his father grew ill and revealed his past to Fedave. Fedave, although surprised and confused, embraced his fathers past as his own. the Morag Tong was in his blood. His father died, along with his mother. Grief overcame him, so he decided to migrate north. Cyrodiil reminded him too much of how much he was attached to his parents. He wanted to pass on the legacy of the Morag Tong. He swore an oath that he would become an assassin of honor and justice someday. He will impact the province of Skyrim for the better.

Play Restrictions

- difficulty set to 'master'
- Must drop everything once out of Helgen
- No looting a kill that wasn't yours. If you fairly comtributed, you may take an appropraite amount of loot.
- Looting and other actions take time. Wait the appropriate time.
- No accepting charity (no taking supplies from Alvor, or taking the cabbages in the middle of town)
- HUD set to 0%
- only carry 25% of what game allows
- All armor must fit. To figure out if will fit or not, you must get heads on a coin flip. For armor that is bought, it doesn't require a coin flip.
- only carry 30 arrows max
- may not harvest unreasonable items (if a dead elk has a garnet don't take it)
- may not activate overpowered/unrealistic perks (like conditioning; heavy armor weighs nothing)
- must sleep for at least 8 hours every day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- must eat 3 meals a day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- may not use smithing or enchanting (must find/purchase all gear. You may improve gear though. Just no forging new gear.)
- Must fully sheathe weapon to use a potion or poison.
- may not swim while wearing armor
- may not enter freezing water unless on a horse
- may not use in-game map unless at a settlement
- may not fast travel unless by cart
- may not use of exploits
- may not cut wood for money
- may only use manual saves after sleeping (resting)
- when character dies must load from a previous manual save
- may only use auto-saves in the event of a game freeze or a glitch
- if character dies must stay at an inn for 7 days and spend 300 gold with the innkeep

- In order to get a perk, you must learn it from someone associated with that perk. (Ex. Bladesman can be learned from Amren)
- More advanced perks, require people with more advanced skills. (Ex. Aela, Karliah, and Angi are the only ones that can teach top tier Archery perks)
- You must do something for the trainer in order to recieve the perk. It can be giving them money, a special item, a certain quest, become thane of the hold, or any other way that'd typically make them your friend. You only need to do this once if you plan on returning for more training.
- Learning this takes time. 2 hours for low tier perks, 4 hours for top tier.

- Followers must be fed 3 times a day
- a companion may carry 10% of your carry ability
- when a companion dies they are dead, no save loading
- All followers must be paid 10 gold an hour that they are in your service. - - If they die in your service, you must pay 300 gold to the followers family, friend, or anybody else that seems appropriate of the inheritence.
- No looting a followers body.
- If you see a follower as more of a friend than a mercenary, then rather than paying them, you must split the loot in half. This also removes the carry bonus. You still must pay a follower's family if they die though.

- horse may carry 10% of your own carry ability
- you may not access the 10% that your horse is carrying during combat
- horse must be fed 5 points of health per day (it is assumed horse will also eat grass)
- If a horse dies, no save loading

Character Restrictions

- No use of magic, other than Restoration
- No use of Racial Powers
- No stealing
- Make Roleplay appropriate decisions

DarkEastwood

- 21st of Last Seed, 4E 201 -

A long day. I've crossed the border to Skyrim and have made it to a settlement called Riverwood. It's a nice place. Very welcoming. I wish my father provided me with some extra gold or a weapon though. I've had to scavenge the outskirts of the town for any flowers of value.

When I had enough gold to buy me a pickaxe, I took advantage of it and bought the pick and went looking for some ore deposits. I mean, ore has to be more valuable than some flowers, right? Well I was correct! I found some iron and corondum ore scattered around the place. I even found a gem in one of the deposits! A lucky find, I must admit.

I had a run in with some bandits, but a hunter made short work of them. I left the bodies near the hunter, since the loot of them rightfully belonged to him. Someday, I'll be able to claim some loot of bandits and make some quicker money than I am now. I'm only scraping by, so I'll need to buy a weapon quick so I can start hunting.

I now have rented a room at the local inn. I have 41 extra gold from today, and that is after I bought a pair of hide bracers. I plan on doing some fighting soon. I've noticed plenty of bandits around, so I need to be well protected. I don't want to embrace my life as an assassin until I know I can, and when there's a good cause. Until then, I suppose I'm a ranger. My new life has begun.

DarkEastwood

- 22nd of Last Seed, 4E 201 -

Today was more eventful than I planned for it to be. I had another run in with some bandits. This time I didn't run. I had luckily bought a nice iron dagger this morning just in case. I had my pickaxe at hand as well. I wasn't going to let this oaf push me around anymore.

I charged him with my two weapons drawn and began cutting into him. I took a beating myself, but nothing serious. I didn't stop throwing my pickaxe and dagger at his chrst until he fell to the ground. To my pleasure, he had some fur armor and boots on him, as well as an iron sword! I tried the fur armor and boots on, and they both surprisingly fit. That'll save me the extra gold to buy armor. Mephala is giving me her blessings already.

But I noticed he was guarding a mine. I cautiously entered, only to find two more bandits. I used the same basic technique and killed the first with ease. The second had a bit more armor on. After a bit more aimless blows to his body, he fell. I took a short rest, and took all the loot back to be sold. I made some good coin from that trip. Then I went and delved even deeper into the mine.

I reached a small room, which contained a metal lever. I slowly pulled it, and a bridge that overlapped a small body of water fell. I panicked and hid, as two more even better armed bandits came storming out of from the bridge looking for me. I saw that they seperated and took advantage of this. I came up stealthily from behind one and struck him with my iron sword, giving him a mighty gash in his side. But he still stoof and called his friend over.

I hit him a few more times until he fell, then I moved on to his friend. He had a small shield, so being reckless wouldn't be any good for me. I attempted to outmeneuver him to get to his backside, but failed as he hit me a few times on the arm. I wasn't used to this kind of pain, so I decided to take further caution. I bring a mighty swing on his shield, which knocked him almost off his feet! I got so excited, I swung madly at him while he was stunned and finallly brought him down.

I took the well earned loot back to the trader in Riverwood. It took a few trips, but was worth the trouble. I used the gold I got from yhe armors and swords to buy a nifty hunting bow. I can finally begin hunting! But I needed to get some rest. I write this now in the inn in Riverwood. I know I'll sleep well tonight, knowing I'm capable of killing an armed man, let alone five of them.

osheao

when can i "drop" out of helgen?
can i exploit anyone?
combat exploitation?

i'm actually wondering if we can use the d20 to roll ourselves a complete character with quirks and all.

i guess i'm about ready to go it my own...

DarkEastwood

when can i "drop" out of helgen?
can i exploit anyone?
combat explotation?

someone has to extend the beauty of skyrim...

i'm actually wondering if we can use the d20 to roll ourselves a complete character with quirks and all.

i guess i'm about ready to go it my own...
I'm not sure what you mean by exploit people... But exploiting the game is a no-no. And I dropped all my stuff at the end of the cave before I left Helgen. I kept the prisoner attire, since it's worthless and dorsn't provide armor so I didn't see the harm. I felt silly walking around naked...

Tyrone

I'm trying to give this a go, made a wood elf archer today following those rules :)

DarkEastwood

- 23rd of Last Seed, 4E 201 -

Today, I made lots of money. I am so grateful. I write this in the Inn in Riverwood, next to a toasty fire. I did some traveling today.

So I decided to visit the big city people have been talking about up North. I walked up to the city called Whiterun. It was a bit smaller than expected, but truly a nice place. Everyone here won't stop talking about this war going on though. I don't see my place in it, so I kept my distance from their senseless propoganda. I improved a bit of my equipment, and decided to visit the local Alchemist Shop. During my visit there, I realized I could make my own poisons. I'm sure would prove useful in assassinations if I got good at the skill.

And that's when I fell in love. I had a big heap of ingredients, and I made a bunch of potions and poisons. Finding out the effects of each ingredient by tasting and testing each one was thrilling, as I felt like I was truly learning a valuable trade and living off the land. I don't know why my father never taught me anything about this. It's so fun and rewarding. I sold almost all my potions and poisons, seeing as I found no use for them now. That's when I headed back to Riverwood, for I feel obligated to finish off the bandits in that mine.

As I made my way back, I shot a deer and chased it down for awhile, finally killing it with my bow. I'll need to practice that. It fell in the water though, so I couldn't skin it. What a waste. I continued on regardless.

I entered the mine, a cautiously snuck through the cavern. I heard an orc talking to himself up ahead. I'm going to have to pit down the poor fellow. I turned around the corner and shot him twice with my bow, but he shook it off and charged at me. I drew my sword and swung at his chest, killing him after the first blow. That bow is coming in handy after all. I looted his body, and found a key. I searched around for it's proper door or chest, and found a locked door to a treasure room. I opened the door with a key, and gave off a huge smilemonce I saw all the valuable loot inside.

I took most of the loot back, including a cool staff and a nice ring that makes me more effective with my sword. I made around 500 gold, and kept the ring. I bought some more arrows, and bought a cowl. I liked how it looked, and the green color matched the surroundings a bit. Now I rented a room in the Inn and am exhausted. Can't wait to do some more alchemy.

DarkEastwood

24th of Last Seed, 4E 201

I'm getting the hang of this bow. I truly am.

This morning, I cleared out the rest of the bandits from that mine, selling off all the armor they had with them. That should make the citizens of Riverwood rest easier. After that, I decided to travel to Whiterun again, and see if there's anything good at the markets. Unfortunately, there weren't. But I did get a bounty notice for another bandit camp north of Whiterun. I figured I'll start on that this afternoon. For now, I'd stop by the alchemy shop for ingredients.

After about two hours of training with the storekeeper, and making my own poisons and potions, I was ready to set off for that bandit camp. I lightened the load by selling off some of my unneeded potions.

It was rainy, and a rather unpleasant experience overall. I made my way to the bandit camp and snuck around it to see all the bandits inside of it. I saw two, I figured it'd be no problem. So while I had my confidence, I coated an arrow in a weak potion I created, and fired that one at this bulking orc. It missed. He charged at me as I fired two more arrows at him, both meeting his upper torso. But to my surprise, there were three guys behind him, ready to rip my head off. I finished off the orc with my sword, then darted away from the scene. A mage was the only one that followed. He sprayed a cold blast of ice at me as I swung at his body with my swords. The ice was awfully chilly, as it slowed me down and pierced my skin. The rain didn't help either.

After a few more miserable sexonds, the mage fell. I looked around for the orc, and looted him and returned to Whiterun. I sold off the loot to this nice woman named Adrianne Avenicci. She was a smithy in the town, so I figured I'd get on her good side by conversing with her. I sit in the Bannered Mare, an inn in Whiterun, sitting next to the fire. There's still a few flakes of ice on my arms from earlier, but it's much better now that I'm next to a warm fire.

DarkEastwood

25th of Last Seed, 4E 201

I'm exhausted. But doing well.

Earler today, I finished off the exterior of the bandit camp. I figured I'd come back later. Then on my way back to Whiterun, I ran into a small alcove, littered with two bandits. I killed them, but it wasn't an easy fight. It certainly helped sharpen my marksmanship skills. After looting the place, their friends came from behind me! I took the loot and ran back to the city gate. I ran out of breath, then looked behind me. They were still behind me. But luckily, the guards killed them. I left the bodies for the guards, for it was their kill..

After that, I returned to the alchemy shop. I swear, I could sit in here all day. I spend most of my extra coin for ingredients to make more potions. It's my biggest and most wonderful passion. I sold off my well made potions and poisons, and actually made some money! I must be getting pretty good at this. Then I heard about the provinces capital: Solitude. I could imagine the alchemy shops there. I had to go there. So I made my way to the carriage that was parked put front and paid him to take me to Solitude. It was a long ride.

Now I sit in the Winking Skeever, the inn here in Solitude. I'm really tired, so I'm going to call it a night.

DarkEastwood

25th of Last Seed, 4E 201

I'm exhausted. But doing well.

Earler today, I finished off the exterior of the bandit camp. I figured I'd come back later. Then on my way back to Whiterun, I ran into a small alcove, littered with two bandits. I killed them, but it wasn't an easy fight. It certainly helped sharpen my marksmanship skills. After looting the place, their friends came from behind me! I took the loot and ran back to the city gate. I ran out of breath, then looked behind me. They were still behind me. But luckily, the guards killed them. I left the bodies for the guards, for it was their kill..

After that, I returned to the alchemy shop. I swear, I could sit in here all day. I spend most of my extra coin for ingredients to make more potions. It's my biggest and most wonderful passion. I sold off my well made potions and poisons, and actually made some money! I must be getting pretty good at this. Then I heard about the provinces capital: Solitude. I could imagine the alchemy shops there. I had to go there. So I made my way to the carriage that was parked put front and paid him to take me to Solitude. It was a long ride.

Now I sit in the Winking Skeever, the inn here in Solitude. I'm really tired, so I'm going to call it a night.

DarkEastwood

27th of Last Seed, 4E 201

I'm back in Whiterun. I feel at home again.

I spent the whole day shopping yesterday in Solitude. The fletcher got me a nice orcish bow. It should allow me to drop a big elk in a single blow. Hopefully. I also spent a very long time in the wondrous Aromatics shop. It was rather expansive in terms of inventory compared to Whiteruns' alchemy shop. I feel like I get better at making potions every time I enter one of those shops. But it'll either cost me a fortune, or make me some extra coins. Someday, I'll be an expert alchemist. Then I could make the most deadly poisons around. The herbalist at the shop seemed nice, but didn't seem to know much about alchemy. She did however refer me to a nice alchemy shop in another town called Morthal. I promised myself I'd visit there soon.

So after a long day of spending and earning coin, I took the carriage back to Whiterun. That's when some guy named Amren asked me to find a family sword of his. Luckily for him, I have respect for those who adhere to family tradition. So I went to the bandit hideout that held the sword.

I entered with my new bow drawn, and coated it with some poison to do some extra damage to my targets. I saw a watchdog, and shot it immediately before it could warn the others of my location. It died in one hit, along with the next bandit I shot that walked into the same room. I advanced through the small cave, to find a strong nord woman wielding a huge greatsword. I came to realize that being in such close quarters with such a monstrocity would be a bad idea, so I needed to think of a plan.

In a few minutes, it hit me. I had an invisibility potion with me from my long alchemy session in Solitude. I gulped it down, and slowly made my way to the chest with the sword in it. I reached in and grabbed everything inside, including a nice set of guantlets that should help me with my potion-making. After searching the chest, the invisibility wore off. I kept calm and snuck closer to the entrance. But I wasn't sneaky enough. The bandit swung her greatsword at me, as I dodged it and sprinted to the entrance. I didn't look back as I left the cave.

After selling off some of the extra loot, I returned the seord to Amren who showed me a cool sword trick. I expected a bit more but I didn't feel like sounding greedy. I also was rather tired. That's why I'm laying here in the Bannered Mare, writing this journal entry. Hopefully I can find a target for assassination soon. I'm getting impatient for finding somebody who needs to be brought to justice. My assassin skills needs to be used.

DarkEastwood

28th of Last Seed, 4E 201

I was a Morag Tong assassin today.

The day started off with a nice meal, followed by finishing off the bandit camp that I had gotten a few days earlier. It wasn't as tough as I thought it'd be. My archery skills had sharpened since my last visit, so it only took about three arrows to take down each bandit inside. Luckily, it was really dark and gave me the advantage of surprise.

I now have 700 gold, as well as a ring that should help me swing my sword harder. I also bought a powerful orcish bow. At this point, it was noon, and I was hungry to find someone unworthy of living on this world. That's when I ran into the drunk beggar of the city. He was nagging a woman about not giving him some coin to buy him some ale. Disgusting. I approached him and wanted to get to know him, before I make any hasty decisions. He asked me to go steal a bottle of Argonian Ale. He must be put down. I'll be doing the city a favor, as well as making this side of Tamriel a bit brighter. But for that to happen, I must kill him in secret murder.

I stalked him for most of the day, waiting for the right moment. He sat in the inn, drinking the night away, then left at midnight. That's when I decided to make my move. I climbed up the side of a store called the Drunken Huntsman. Ironic, isn't it; I'm atop of the Drunken Huntsman while hunting a drunk. With that thought aside, I waited for a good moment to strike. That moment came in a few brief seconds after I climbed up the building. I pulled back a poisoned iron arrow, aimed, then released. I must have been 40 yards away. The arrow flew into his chest, but he barely survived. I knocked another arrow, and quickly shot it at him. This one finished him off.

I slid down the side of the roof away from the dead beggar, and began sneaking away. I could hear the ruckus of guards searching the area for the killer. I was so proud of myself. I waited a few minutes, then cautiously made my way to the Bannered Mare and had a drink of wine. I deserved it. I can see my life unfolding, as I become the assassin my father once was.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
I like how its the style of Hriskar but from an assassin really good, also I'm no writer but it might be a good idea to elaborate a little more it seems you say I finished off those bandits a lot but personally I would like to hear about the battle and how you went there and fought them. Best part so far is when you kill the beggar you definitly write your best when assassinating.

Honourman

I agree with Shongo. The last post was the best one. It is a really good backstory and character, (I am quite envious not to think of it myself) my advice would be to really get into the mindset of Fedave when writing and be more reflective on the days events. Tap into his emotions and check that they show through in the journal alone, as we don't have the emotional memory of witnessing the amazing action first hand. This is where I think BIGwooly has done exceptionally well. I shall continue to read of Fedave's adventures.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
yeah definitly it's quite interesting but more detail would make it really shine.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts