Xbox 360 Items keep falling off my shelves!!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

aidanh94

Ok, so i brought the house in rifftern but now when i try and display some potions or jewls on a shelf when i leave and enter the house they are on the floor.

I found out that when i drop the item and then move it to the shelf when i exit and re-enter the house the item is back where i originally droped it. The only solution to this ive found is to drop the item so it lands on the shelf but this is rather difficult and very frustrating.

Any ideas on how to get around this problem?

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Glue.

OrcBrawler

1. Drop item on the floor.
2. Leave the house.
3? Can't remember exactly, you might need to save here. To be safe, I'd just save, restart the game and load.
4. Enter the house.
5. Place items.

I've never actually done this, but this is supposed to fix it. If you just dropped the item and haven't left the house yet, it will always go back to where you dropped it when you leave.

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Sometimes when you don't fill the shelves to there capacity items fall off. It happens with my bookshelves in Whiterun. V mad.

Oblo

#swag
He's climbin in yo windows,
He's snatchin yo potions up,
Tryna take em so you better,
Hide yo potions,
Hide yo jewels,
Hide yo potions,
Hide yo jewels,
And hide your companion,
Cuz they pickpocketing everyone out here.

Nuclear Dave

In some aspect it might be difficult for the game to actually save the exact position of every object. Im guessing it is just loading the objects in a default angle posistion which pushes them off the shelf.

aidanh94

2. Leave the house.
3? Can't remember exactly, you might need to save here. To be safe, I'd just save, restart the game and load.
4. Enter the house.
5. Place items.

I've never actually done this, but this is supposed to fix it. If you just dropped the item and haven't left the house yet, it will always go back to where you dropped it when you leave.
As far as ive found this works just put some gems on a shelf and done these steps then put some potions on a shelf went out and in and what do you know the potions are on the floor and the gems arnt. Thanks man

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
He's climbin in yo windows,
He's snatchin yo potions up,
Tryna take em so you better,
Hide yo potions,
Hide yo jewels,
Hide yo potions,
Hide yo jewels,
And hide your companion,
Cuz they pickpocketing everyone out here.

ROFL....funniest thing i've seen or heard all day

GAMER OF FORTUNE

I found(on ma ps3) that if u save regularly inside your house then load up each save t fixes the problem, although this is on my ps3 not xbox360

Hannah

2. Leave the house.
4. Enter the house.
5. Place items.

----------

Worked like it said things fall from time to time but its a solid method. I spent five hours decorating my house, its not the whole house so many more decorations have been done.
decorated.png

Tryn

Premium Member
2. Leave the house.
4. Enter the house.
5. Place items.

Didn't work for me, however, when I place the item the 2nd time it stays. In at least one instance this is good. If you accidentally knock something out of position, there's a good chance it'll be put back the next time the room loads.

Hannah

Didn't work for me, however, when I place the item the 2nd time it stays. In at least one instance this is good. If you accidentally knock something out of position, there's a good chance it'll be put back the next time the room loads.
Its a fickle a lot of patience is required as well as time depending how detailed you want to be it can take you a few hours, save often I've accidentally run into a shelf and ruined all my hard work.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts