OOC In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Should There Be A White And A Black Lantern?

• Yes - Both

Votes: 3 50.0%
    • Yes - Only White

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Yes - Only Black

Votes: 1 16.7%
    • No - Neither

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight.
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!"
    Green Lantern Oath

As the Power Rings of the Emotional Spectrum choose more wielders of the Rings from the Galaxies. However it does not just stop at Galaxies, they are spreading from dimension to dimension, and soon the rings shall be brought down on Tamriel.
    The Primary Antagonist (Moi) is the Yellow Lantern (Fear) and he finds his ring at the beginning of the thread, and quickly masters his powers. You shall have to choose sides, fight for me, or against me. This is a fight that could rip Tamriel apart. Make sure it doesn't.

Rules:
    No space age weapons (They don't know about them)
    Try and stick to the Lore
    Dialogue colour is that of your character

Spaces:
    Yellow Lantern (Fear) - Sid - Arthonnen II
    Green Lantern (Willpower) - Snoball - Alphonse Mede
    Blue Lantern (Hope) - Gentleman Adventurer - Eldric
    Red Lantern (Rage) - Kimrisvik - Thoren Black
    Orange Lantern (Avarice) - Lucius Caecilius Iucundus - Callidus Luxar
    Indigo Tribe (Compassion) -
    Star Sapphire (Love) -

Possible Places:
    Black Lantern (Death) -
    White Lantern (Life) -

Mods - Sid & Gentleman Adventurer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Character name: Arthonnen II
    Race: Dwemer/Dunmer
    Class/Position: Yellow Lantern
    Looks: Tall, light grey skin with pure red eyes. Long brown hair. Well-built usually travel worn. Surprisingly young as he was born just after the Oblivion Crisis (See Background), heavy burns down the right side of the body. A pure red streak of war paint going up his face until the eye where it splits in two. He wears Ebony armour with many plates (As opposed to the few on the original ebony) for maneuverability, and when has his ring on the gaps turn a golden yellow, and the Yellow Lantern Insignia on his right shoulder.
    Personality: Has recently become silent, and has cut all ties with his past and current factions. He has become arrogant and only believes his way is right.
    Background: Indoril Nerevar, Chimer King of Morrowind, had an unknown child with a Dwemer maiden and thus began this Family tree. Arthonnen Nerevar I decided to forsake his deal with the Daedric Prince Boethiah for a deal with Molag Bal slowly corrupting his body. Arthonnen Nerevar II fled to the ashlands after this seeking a cure for his vampirism. Upon finding a cure, he took it but it didn't work leaving him with the curse of eternal youth. He then returned home after the Red Mountain erupted and slayed his father and younger brother, shattering Goldbrand in the process. He then searches Tamriel for Thalmor to kill as part of his oath. He originally came to Skyrim on direct orders from the Emporer to fulfill the empty spot of Legate, and due to his coming is higher in rank that Rikke, and if Tullius dies he becomes General of the Legion. Since the Imperials won the war, he became silent and withdrawn, and cut all ties that could trace back to him. The main reason for this is the fact that Jarl Balgruuf the Greater sent a squad of soldiers to his house, who burned down the house and killed his wife and his young daughter for reasons unknown. As they say, “Some people just want to watch the world burn.” All too true.
    Combat Preferences: Either dual wielding daggers, or his ebony sword Askr-dreyri. Also he uses his bow Hefna-almr. Another thing he wields is Lightning, Alteration, Conjuration or Illusion spells. Yellow Lantern Ring when obtained (Flight, increased strength, can absorb fear, create solid items out of yellow light).

Sid

Yes this is the place to sign up, yes you can join etc. take your pick

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Name: Thoren Black
    Race: Nord
    Class/Position: Red lantern (rage)

Background: Thoren Black is actually a bastard son of High King Torygg. But he grew up with his mother on a farm outside of Solitude in poverty. Growing up, he often joined some of the farmers hunting, and he learned how to use the bow that way. He quikly turned into a skilled archer.
    During the civil war, some of the Stormcloaks found out about Torygg's barstard son, and took him as a prisoner, torturing him to force the Imperials to give up the throne. During the torturing, they cut of his left littlefinger, and made a cut in his left eye, blinding it. Since Torygg did not want to reveal having a son with another woman, denies the fact that Thoren is his son, and leaves him to die by the hands of the stormcloak torturers.
    The night before the execution, Thoren gets help from a khajiit prisoner, named Jo'Zhar, to escape, and they gets out of the stormcloak camp. They then set of to Rorikstead to live in peace.
    One day when Thoren returns from a hunt, Jo'Zhar is dead. Next to his body Thoren finds a note. The note is written in blood: "Nobody gets away from the Stormcloaks..." Thoren is furious, swearing to hunt down and slay all stormcloaks in Skyrim.
    Looks: Thoren is skinny, due to being a prisoner. He has short black hair, pale skin and grey eyes. He is missing one finger on the left hand, and has numberus scars all over his body, but the largets is straight throuh his left eye. He is often seen with an eyepatch over that eye. He usually wears a light leather/steel armour.
    Combat: He primaly use a bow he stole from a guard in Rorikstead, but since he is blind on the left eye, he is no longer as good as he used to be. When the enemies are too near for him to fight with a bow, he switches to a special made sword that he got smithed in memory of his good friend Jo'Zhar. It's a short steelsword whit "Jo'Zhar" carved into the blade.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Oh, this sounds fantastic! I was actually just thinking about a GL themed RP, and lo and behold, this thread crops up! I also have a character who would be well suited to the Black Lantern corps, if for some reason we need a member. Here's my CC:

Name - Eldric

Race - Nord

Age - 16

Class - Frost Mage/Blue Lantern

Religion - As a member of the Skaal, he follows the religion of the All-Maker.

Eye Color - Icy Blue

Hair - Messy white hair

Height - 5'8"

Build - Skinny

Skin Tone - Pale

Looks -

tumblr_mmg6l93dqt1snw6mxo1_500-png.5394

Personality - Eldric is always cheerful, trying to keep the peace and befriend new people. He is quite loyal, and will defend his friends no matter the cost. Eldric hates murderers, and will turn on anyone who kills an unarmed opponent. He refuses to kill any creature of Nirn.

Weapons - None. Due to his refusal to kill, Eldric posses no weapons or weapon training.

Magic - Eldric wishes to master the schools of magic, but is relatively inexperienced. As such, he posses a slightly above average knowledge of Destruction magic, but nothing else. As he refuses to kill, his chosen school is Ice, which he uses to slow or partially freeze enemies rather than killing them outright.

Skills - Eldric is knowledgeable in the ways of nature, and is able to find edible plants and fruits even in the most barren of landscapes. He never bothered to study the history of other provinces, and as such his only knowledge of the world outside Skyrim and Morrowind are old Nordic tales.

Equipment - He wears a set of Skaal robes, made of fur, cloth, and leather. They are enchanted to help him survive in harsh conditions, as well as boost his magicka.

Power Ring - The Blue Power Ring, fueled by the hope in Eldric's heart, gives him flight, increased strength, and the ability to generate personal forcefields. It is immune to the effects of the Orange Light, and can cure a Red Lantern of their ring's influence. The Blue Ring can supercharge any Green Rings in the immediate vicinity. Exposure to Green Light also greatly increases the power of the Blue Ring, granting the additional ability to create solid light constructs, as well as fire energy blasts. The Blue Lanterns are the only corps with their failsafes still intact, meaning that their rings cannot kill.

Backstory - Eldric has born and raised in Solstheim. The son of two sailors, he was typically left on the island while his parents made deliveries across Tamriel. He developed limited survival skills, gathering his own food to bring back to the family home. His house was located on the Northern part of island, thus depriving him of friends.

This cycle continued until Eldric was eight. An Imperial general knocked on his door. The man told Eldric his parents were killed at sea, their ship raided by pirates. Now alone, Eldric remained in the family home, living off snowberries and what little bread he had left. Eventually, he met a group of hunters.

Taking pity on the boy, the hunters led him to a small village. It was full of fellow Nords, dressed in various furs. A large Nord led Eldric into a dining hall. As the child warmed himself by the fire, the chieftain of the village spoke to him, explaining that this was the home of the Skaal, a nomadic tribe of Nords. In turn, Eldric told the man his story. The chieftain took pity on the boy, and inducted him into the Skaal, raising him as one of their own.

Eldric began to serve as an apprentice to Storn, the village shaman. Though he did not devote himself to their religion, Eldric fully embraced the Skaal's values, believing that all life was precious. Though he knew that killing was sometimes necessary, Eldric decided to leave that to the warriors.

As he grew, Eldric began to show his talent for magic. When he reached the age of sixteen, he was sent out of the village as a rite of passage, to return when he had mastered the ancient frost spells.

With a passion for doing good and learning spells, Eldric started his journey in Skyrim, searching for a wizard who could help him further his abilities.

Sid

Both sound good, Both in

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Name: Callidus Luxar

Race: Imperial

Class/Position: Orange/Avarice Lantern

Backstory: Since the day he was born the God's had blessed him with intellect. Many would debate that possibly none rivalled his shrewd cunning and intelligence. In fact, his IQ is higher than the average Dwarf and was tested at around 174, long surpassing genius-level.
    Born to a fairly rich family in the Imperial City he attended the Arcane University however was never really adept with the schools of magic. Nevertheless he received and excellent education but and trained in martial arts as well as inventing devices similar to the Dwarves in place of his lack of arcane aptitude and physical strength. Callidus' prefers to fight in his custom made suit of armour based on the Dwarven Centurions albeit powered and shrunk down.
    The technological protege soon would become the world's foremost expert in the Dwarves but he was never really interested in them as such. When he made or discovered new technology he would sell it to the highest bidder. If there was one thing he cared about it was money. At his heart was selfishness and avarice. Soon e even turned to sabotaging competitors and becoming a white-collar criminal, albeit undetected.
    When the rings came to Tamriel there was only one clear choice for the Orange Ring of Avarice. Callidus Luxar

(I know it's short, I apologise. I shall edit later to include more backstory, personality and his appearance.)

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Haha ironically I was loosely basing my character on Lex. (My favourite villain, Larfleeze is a close second. :)) Also thank you for accepting my application.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    I don't think I could ever choose a definite favorite villain. Mine seems to change every month. :p

Currently, my favorite DC villain is Riddler (or Ozymandias, if you count him), and my favorite Marvel villain is Arcade.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    General

Name: Alphonse Mede
    Race: Imperial
    Height: 5'9"
    Hometown: Imperial City, Cyrodiil
    Current Residence: n/a (Nomadic)
    Appearance:

AlphonseSmaller.jpg

Personality: Brash and rebellious, Alphonse is one to always end up putting himself into harm's way, much to his content. He enjoys overcoming adversity presented before him, and is always determined to do so through sheer willpower. He is friendly towards most people, and likes seeing new faces along his travels. He tends to recklessly dive head-first into situations before actually thinking them through, which can be considered a curse more often than it could a blessing.

Religion: Has respect for the Nine, but isn't too attached to religion as a whole.

Combat

Class: Adventurer

Weapons: Eventide (Blade passed down from his father)

Skills:
    • Major
      • One-Handed
      • Acrobatics
      • Light Armor
    • Minor
      • Speech
      • Alchemy
    Bio

Though his name might be familiar, Alphonse is Emperor Titus Mede II's nephew. Adopted by the emperor's youngest sibling, Attrebus III, Al knew from a young age he would never be in line for the throne, and preferred it that way. He grew up with his step-siblings learning of the horrors and aftermath of the Great War, and aimed to be as politically uninvolved as possible. Years spent carefree, enjoying himself were constantly tormented by the possibility of the Thalmor closing in on his family for the name they bore.

Alphonse served the Legion for a period of time in his older years, but left following a heated fall-out with his leading commander. Eventually, he'd come to realize this wasn't the main reason he deserted his unit. Not knowing it at the time, he felt he didn't have what it took to become an exceptional Legionnare, and didn't want to burden his family by serving the Imperial Army. He set out on his own, tired of the stationary, day-by-day routine of the Legion, and began adventuring Tamriel to its furthest corners. It's been years since he's made any contact with his family since his abandonment, but wishes to do so once he's regained the will to face them once more, a better man than he was before.

Snoball

Right? XD *Presses rings together* Wonder lantern powers: ACTIVATE!

Snoball

Lol sounds fine to me. Beats those beaty-eyed demons from Avatar >.>

And let me just applaud you for your Riddler love XD He and Scarecrow are probably my favorite DC villains, well for now at least.​

Sid

I personally would Ozymandias as a Villian, or like Ra's Al Ghul; Tries to do good, but through evil means. And yeah, Lucius you will eventually have to team up.

Sid

Am I the only one who thinks that no one will want to be compassion and love? I mean we could always have them as NPC's....

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts