• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FullmetalHeart20

Is there a mod that makes your spiky frost magic so the damage is on par with bladed weapons? I don't care if your bloodline is so frost resistant that you can hike naked from Dawnstar to Windhelm. Puncture wounds are puncture wounds.

JoeReese

Fullmetal, if you would be willing to experiment with this, it's all yours. I haven't have the opportunity to test it, but there are only 7 file changes and it has passed TES5edit, without conflicts.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=516112686

All I did was take the various version of ice spike and icy spear (they have it broken down into the spell, spell right hand, spell left hand, etc) and tell them to ignore resistance and disallow absorb/reflect. No other changes, damage and cost are still at vanilla settings.

If you want, make a hard save first, in case you have any trouble with it. Drop the file into c > program files (x86) > steam > steam apps > common > skyrim > data

Then (if you have other mods, you may want to run loot to avoid any ordering errors) start the game. In the splash screen, go to "Data Files" and make sure it's checked to run.

Start your game normally and shoot something that previously gave you trouble. If you don't notice enough difference to make it worthwhile, just revert to the save and you're good to go.

The only thing that it should have any potential conflict with is another mod that changes the ice spike/icy spear spell forms.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts