How do you mod a skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

If you're talking about using mods, you just find the mod(s) you like at either skyrim.nexus.com or on the steam workshop. With nexus, you have the option of either manual download or using their nexus mod manager to do it for you. With steam, just hit "subscribe" and let it have a few minutes to load, the next time you go to play.

There's a free program called LOOT (took over where BOSS left off) out there, which is helpful in checking your mods for conflicts and determining the proper load order. The short version is that the most recent mod has priority, so if you have a mod that changes Breezehome and then a later mod changes it again, the later mod will "win." You may see problems, or actually crash to desktop.

I'd youtube "loot" and look for a short how-to, so you have an idea what and why, then search both steam and nexus for the mods you like, and decide which is easier/simpler for you to use.

If you're talking about creation your own mods, then you need to download the creation kit, and lean heavily on the various tutorials found on their page or youtube.

Dandros

Well thats a yes and no, he CAN use mods in both Xbox 360 and PC, of course is waaaaaaaay easier on pc, because running mods on xbox 360 need some tweaks first (to the console and the mod itself) and youre limited to port them to GOD format so they can be read.

Nakatsu_Hime

And running mods on a PS3 requires Jailbreak, or similar.

Be prepared for Sony to treat you like a pariah if you do that, and rightly so.

wiseman05

IF you've gotten a PC and thats what you're wanting to mod. Then look no further than a personal favorite website of mine that I tend to use. Look up The Elder Scrolls General. It tends to give a detailed tutorial on what tools to use, where to find them, what mods to avoid, what ones to use, how to install an ENB and all that.

tealemonade

Nah, guys. Modding a console and getting mods onto a console version of Skyrim is far easier than doing the same thing on a PC. I swear, and I swear that I'm not making this up. :3 Okay, I'm making it all up, and I think people are crazy for trying to mod Skyrim on consoles instead of taking the far easier PC route.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts