Spoiler Housing Guide : Breezehome [ Whiterun ]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
=======================================================================
------------------------------------ = { | Introduction | } = --------------------------------
=======================================================================

When you are new to skyrim, or want to settle down in a place you want to call home, you may not be sure which hold to settle down in, or most likely which home to buy in all of Skyrim!
The only problem about "settling down" in a home, is the process of getting it to be available to purchase and (most likely among new players) not having the necessary amount of gold to purchase the house AND its UPGRADES.

This housing guide would be for Breezehome, which is in Whiterun. Its the cheapest house available for purchase, so it would mean it is ALSO the smallest available. It is not necessary to buy, but if you cant afford the house you want, or you need a place to store all of your belongings without loosing them, this is the house to buy!

_________________________________________________________________________________

========================================================================
---------------------------------- = { How To Unlock It } = --------------------------------

As it being the cheapest house to buy, it is also the easiest to unlock.

Complete the first part of the Questline, from Escaping Helgen to the quest of climbing the 1,000 Steps. In other words, become the Thane of Whiterun. Then, you WILL FOR SURE be able to buy it.

______________________________ | Buying Breezehome | _____________________________

To buy Breezehome, you must speak to the Steward in Whiterun. IF it is nightime and he IS sleeping, YOU CANNOT HAVE THE OPTION TO BUY OR UPGRADE. [ PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THAT ]

Speak to him from around 10 AM -> 7PM, for SURE, he would be wandering around the throne.
Then choose the option to buy the house. YOU MUST HAVE 5,000 Gold.

When you are finished, you will be given the key to your new home and upgrades are available for it.

You get a Misc Quest to go visit your home, it appears whenever you buy a house, and points you to your house.
However, it disappears once you enter the house. ( Some people may not remember where the house is located. So I recommend you use the pointer, and make note of the place. Look at the surroundings, do something! Or just remember the house name and look at every door until you find it. )

_______________________________ | Upgrades |__________________________________

Breezehome is rather EMPTY when you first buy it. It has a table, a cooking pot and a chest.

If you are low on money, around 1,000 gold, you can get the upgrades you need most.

I would suggest the Alchemy room and the kitchen. However, its entirely up to which upgrades you want. Refer to your Whiterun Housing Guide for the upgrads available and what comes with it. Then you make your decision.

*NOTE*
The upgrades do not change. Once you purchase all of them, they are no more. I repeat, the housing upgrades DO NOT CHANGE by progress or level.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| { Editors NOTES }|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Wow, a housing guide. I think this is all that needs to be told. As I buy the other houses + upgrades I would make other housing guides.
This is a brief guide on Breezehome, im not a professional at writing guides, we all know that. But bear in mind, I only want to help out those new people who want to buy a house. I was searching for really good tips but I ended up figuring out myself.

Please, no unkind comments. I am trying to improve it whenever possible.
Also, please give FEEDBACK on ways I can improve! I could really find the feedback very useful in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
THANKS Paulette, I've been wondering about this and your notes make it easier.

Thanks Micca! I was trying to make it as easy as possible to understand. If there is anything else about Breezehome you dont understand (cant figure out or anything) feel free to ask! :D

Micca

Breezehome has been a great addition. I now have a place to gather my belongings (as you mentioned above) and it also makes a good starter home for my wife YSolda. I'm currently working on finding a place in Solitude. THANKS again

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
Breezehome has been a great addition. I now have a place to gather my belongings (as you mentioned above) and it also makes a good starter home for my wife YSolda. I'm currently working on finding a place in Solitude. THANKS again
I would make a guide on Solitude but I dont know much about it, sorry :sadface:
When I buy it + all the upgrades and I find out a bit more on it. Well, sure.
And yw! :D
Time to get 25,000 gold to get to buy the house in Solitude.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
Breezehome makes a great home, I keep everything there.

Smithing Materials: End Table just outside Bedroom
Clothing: Chest of Drawers in Bedrom
Unwanted Keys: Left hand end table
Notes and Treasure Maps: Right hand end table
Armour peices: Chest in Alchemy Lab
Alchemy Ingredients: Apocatherey's Satchel on Alchemy Station
Books: Both Bookcases
Food: Barrel in Kitchen outside Alchemy lab
Gems, Soul Gems and Jewelry: Bedroom Chest

And the Weapon displays/racks

Shield Display in Bedroom: Spell Breaker over two Glass Longswords
Weapon Display outside Lydia's Room: Dawnbreaker
Weapon Rack in Living Room: Dragonbane and Red Eagle's Bane
Weapn Display above front door: Wuuthraad

Yeah, I like Breezehome, I just wish Lydia would either find somewhere else to sit...

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
Breezehome makes a great home, I keep everything there.

Smithing Materials: End Table just outside Bedroom
Clothing: Chest of Drawers in Bedrom
Unwanted Keys: Left hand end table
Notes and Treasure Maps: Right hand end table
Armour peices: Chest in Alchemy Lab
Alchemy Ingredients: Apocatherey's Satchel on Alchemy Station
Books: Both Bookcases
Food: Barrel in Kitchen outside Alchemy lab
Gems, Soul Gems and Jewelry: Bedroom Chest

And the Weapon displays/racks

Shield Display in Bedroom: Spell Breaker over two Glass Longswords
Weapon Display outside Lydia's Room: Dawnbreaker
Weapon Rack in Living Room: Dragonbane and Red Eagle's Bane
Weapn Display above front door: Wuuthraad

Yeah, I like Breezehome, I just wish Lydia would either find somewhere else to sit...

Eh? Breezehome has Shiel Displays and weapon displays other than the one on the left as you enter the door? I need to see those locations..
Ehrm, mods? I dont remember seeing such things xD

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
You don't need to visit the Graybeards to buy it. Completing the Bleakfalls quest is enough.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts