Hardware T&L required but not supported by adapter?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Freazur

I just bought Skyrim, but attempting to play it results in a blank window titled "Skyrim" and another window with the message: "Failed to instalize renderer. Hardware T&L required but not supported by adapter."

What does this mean? Can I fix it without spending more money?

Freazur

I just bought Skyrim, but attempting to play it results in a blank window titled "Skyrim" and another window with the message: "Failed to instalize renderer. Hardware T&L required but not supported by adapter."

What does this mean? Can I fix it without spending more money?

Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 600)
Processor: Intel(R) core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E4500 @2.20GHz
2036MB RAM
DirectX Version 10

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
What is your graphics card? I'm assuming it's probably an embedded one on your motherboard. This is probably the case. You more than likely have an intel graphics card that cannot handle hardware transform and lighting. Pretty weird that they haven't put that in their graphics cards yet. Anyway if you want you can try using 3D Analyze with it to use your CPU to emulate hardware t&l. It will take a toll on your CPU, so you might have to play at a lower graphical setting.

Asator

I have the same problem and i tried the 3D-Analyze ,but it didn't work. I don't know, how i adjust the things. Can you help me pls.
(PS:I'm from germany, sry for my bad english)

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Tell me what CPU you have. You need to have a good enough CPU to handle the emulation, otherwise it won't work properly and will likely crash a lot.

xblazedx

yeah so I just got the game today for my windows vista and its giving me this problem not sure why it is..hopefully someone reads this so I can fix whatever it is anyways this is what I am playing on
windows vista
Processor: pentium(R) dual core cpu 2.93Hz 2.94GHz
RAM:4.00
system 32-bit
I don't really know anything about computers or video cards I would really like some help on this

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
It's that Intel embedded chipset that's giving the fits. I've yet to see anyone (that I can recall off the top of my head) get things to run right with it. It's been a while since I researched it though and there's another member with the same issue so I'll look into it and see if anyone managed to hack some kind of workaround.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well if you can get a real graphics card in there, one that would sufficiently run Skyrim isn't a huge expense. You'll have to check on your specific computer vendor to see what's available though. I didn't see "mobile" in front of the graphics card name. Is this for a desktop or a laptop?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
If you have a desktop, your options are much much greater than if you had a laptop. Definitely research the options as far as what kind of card will go with your board. I'm fond of this site to do research:

Tom's Hardware: Hardware News, Tests and Reviews

We have several members here that are conversant on the graphics cards in general so feel free to post for some advice if you can narrow down your choices based on your machine and your budget.

rainbownoahdash

Im having the same exact problem. this is the information i have found of my computer. please help.
processor: intel(R) core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8300 @ 2.83GHz
Memory: 4.00 GB

rainbownoahdash

You need to post your computer's specs so we can help you out.
scratch that, i found out more
Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron 530S
Rating: 3.5 Windows Experience Index
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8300 @ 2.83GHz
Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System
Please help, and please tell me the cheapest thing i need to buy. or at least tell me what to buy so i can compare the prices and figure that much out. Thank you

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts