Xbox 360 Guys I done goof'd and need help.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

That ONE Guy.

I am whatever the Gods need me to be.
So I was going through the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest, and as I entered the room with the note from Delphine, my finger slipped and I shouted the note into the firepit above the exit door... And now I can't get the note. To top things off, I thought it'd be a smart idea to save over the only save from before this. Am I unable to complete the quest now or is there something I can do?

A.Auditore

maybe...
have you tried using the telekinesis spell to get the note? also what system are you playing on?

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ouch. That's rough as butts.

Okay. First fix that comes to mind is to get yourself the spell Telekinesis (you can purchase it from Tolfdir in Winterhold, or Wylandria in Riften; you can find it in Redwater Den with the Dawnguard DLC, and Benkongerike Great Hall with the Dragonborn DLC; it has a 25% chance to drop in the Labyrinthian during the Staff of Magus quest; and the UESP says it can be found as random loot at level 23+). Then go back to the cave with the note and Telekinesis it back over to you.

Next best might be trying to Unrelenting Force it back out.

Other than that, I'd really need to research the quest to determine if there's a way to progress without the note. Let me get back to you on that one.

A.Auditore

maybe...
I'm blind...

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Oh, you should also have one or two auto-saves from before that point you could load from.

That ONE Guy.

I am whatever the Gods need me to be.
Honestly I was unaware there was a telekenisis spell. I'll have to track it,dkwn and find it. And i would use autosaves, but I generally keep all autosave turned off, since I've heard it can cause the game to freeze. Anyways, thanks for the advice

After doing some research there are only a few options.
You can try to get the note out of the fire pit with Unrelenting Force or maybe a bow and arrow.
You can also try leaving Ustengrav, going straight to the Sleeping Giant Inn and see if Delphine is there. If she is, talk to her and see if there's any mention of the attic room in her dialogue. If not, rent a room from her and sleep for a few hours. You might get lucky and the quest will proceed as normal.
Other than that, the only other option is to re-load a previous save. Do you maybe have one from before you started the quest? If so I would re-load to there and try again. Better to do it over again than stay stuck. :/ That's all I could find on Google. Sorry I can't help more. Also I know it's off topic but I love your Hollow Ichigo icon. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
I've only ever had problems with autos on PS3, and that was way back before all the patches. Doesn't matter what console you play the game on, it'll freeze because it's a big game. On average, my game freezes once every other day. I also have a lot of methods of madness too. For that I'm quite glad it's only once every other day... On my regular playthroughs this frequency drops to about once a week. Seriously no reason to uncheck autos. Well, maybe two-- but, they only affect a very niche market in very specific circumstances.

Telekinesis should be available at level 45 Alteration from either Tolfdir or Wylandria in Riften... Quite certain, though, it may be 65.

JoeReese

I'm not sure if this will work or not, but if all else fails you can try a 30 day wait. Fast travel somewhere else, wait for 24 hours, 30 times. That should reset the world. Ordinarily, I don't believe the note respawns, but if it hasn't been removed from the dungeon, it may move back to where it belongs. Don't let your save go, though, in case it doesn't work.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
As a general rule I keep all my saving stuff turned off, but my auto save set at: Save every 60 minutes. That way if I get so absorbed into the game it saves for me, and I think, "crap, I forgot to save, thanks for reminding me!!"

I usually save every 30-45 minutes, with two saves to have back ups. Then when I'm done with playing the game I go to the save file and delete the oldest one. The more saves I have (this is I assume the same with everyone else) the game lags more. The next time I play I make an extra save and play on, saving on top of the new save (and the old save depending on what's going on) to back things up. Then repeat.

With that system I haven't had problems. As for the problem you have... I can't remember seeing a pit above the exit. Then again I don't play the main quest much. The others seem to have solved or attempted to solve the problem. Telekinesis seems to solve a bunch of problems. Telekinesis is... I believe an Adept level spell and if you're trying to get it from Tolfdir I think you need to be in the 40's in Alteration? Or maybe it's in the 30's... I can't remember.. Otherwise, the places they have listed are locations you'll find the tome in.

Hopefully we helped you, sorry you got that problem though. :/ I've had my own experiences of accidentally pressing a button and something bad or wonky happening. Best of luck to you though. :)

Sah

this one knows a month has pased...you could be playing a new game by now...if not...maybe some help
shouting dose not work...its just a little higher than any max height you can get to (even lancing your self from one of the 4 pillars that came out of the water dose not work, your still lower)

a vampire can get up there with teleportation
this one was interested to see what you did, has all quest beginnings saved (record)...and yes Unrelenting Force dose dislodge the letter...this one did a quick save beforehand, repeated 10 time..had no hope of getting the letter stuck up there....every time it would land behind & just under the Urn on the left...some times was blown back over my head and into the water. The only reason I could find the letter is because this one has a mod that give unread books a blue glow...perfect for situations like this. (NEXUS: Unread Books Glow)

your last option because you haven't activated the letter...and the quest wont continue
is a mod called Sky Complete Legend (got it because thought it was quest diary) what it dose it allows you to set quest object found & quests as completed...stops the Paarthurnax quest too

the best advice comes from others above...save before you start a quest

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts