(Guide) What each Skill increase/Level Up choice gives you

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
Right, Firstly this is not a Definate guide, still a lot of information missing from the game and the net for this to be that just yet, but i will update from feedback and my own research as time go's on

Firstly

Health
  • The total damage the player can take before dying
  • Represented by a red bar at the bottom center of the screen
  • Regenerates 0.70% of your maximum Health each second both inside and outside combat.
  • Magicka
    • The magical energy used to cast spells
    • Represented by a blue bar at the bottom left of the screen
    • Regenerates 3.00% of your maximum Magicka each second outside of combat and 0.99% inside combat.
Stamina
  • The player's physical energy, used for sprinting and making power attacks (among other things)
  • Represented by a green bar at the bottom right of the screen
  • Regenerates 5.00% of your maximum Stamina each second outside of combat and 1.75% inside combat.
  • Also Raises Your Carry Weight By 5 Points per point
Each time you level up, you can choose to increase one attribute by ten points.

Unconfirmed but i also believe that either Health or Stamina effects your Melee damage slightly, which in turn might mean Magicka might give you a slight increase in Magic Damage - as i said unconfirmed - going to try and test this myself but any feedback would be lovely!!!!

Right next on to skills. and this where it gets very hazy try searching yourself!

One Handed

The art of combat using one-handed weapons, such as daggers, swords, maces, and war axes. Those trained in this skill deliver deadlier blows

Each Point in One Handed gives you a 0.5% Damage Increase, EG if i had One Handed at 50 i would do 20% more Damage if i had One Handed at 10

Two Handed

The art of combat using two-handed weapons, such as greatswords, battle axes, and warhammers. Those trained in this skill deliver deadlier blows.

(Unconfirmed)

Each Point in Two Handed gives you a 0.5% Damage Increase, EG if i had Two Handed at 50 i would do 20% more Damage if i had Two Handed at 10

Archery

An archer is trained in the use of bows and arrows. The greater the skill, the more deadly the shot.
(Unconfirmed)

Each Point in Archery gives you a 0.5% Damage Increase, EG if i had Archery at 50 i would do 20% more Damage if i had Archery at 10

Block/Heavy Armor

The art of blocking an enemy's blows with a shield or weapon. Blocking reduces the damage and staggering from physical attacks.

Those trained to use Heavy Armor make more efficient use of Iron, Steel, Dwarven, Orcish, Ebony, and Daedric armors.

Can't find anything specific on the amount but each level increases the amount blocked by a small amount/or the amount of damge you take

Heavy might be the same as light but (unconfirmed ) Each skill point increases your armor rating from Heavy Armor by 0.4%

Illusion/Conjuration/Restoration/Destruction/Alteration

The School of Illusion involves manipulating the mind of the enemy. This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Fear, Charm, and Invisibility

The School of Conjuration governs raising the dead or summoning creations from Oblivion. This skill makes it easier to cast these spells as well as Soul Trap and bindings.

The School of Restoration involves control over life forces. This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Healing, Turn Undead, and magical Wards

The School of Destruction involves the harnessing [sic] the energies of fire, frost and shock. This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Fireball, Ice Spike, and Lightning Bolt.

The School of Alteration involves the manipulation of the physical world and its natural properties. This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Waterbreathing, magical protection, and Paralysis

Now i've grouped these together for the simple fact the bonus is the same i believe for each School, a reduction in magicka cost for spells i believe it to be 0.70% per skill point (Unconfirmed)
Light Armor
Those trained to use Light Armor make more effective use of Hide, Leather, Elven, Scale and Glass armors.

Each skill point increases your armor rating from Light Armor by 0.4%

Lockpicking

The art of lockpicking is used to open locked doors and containers faster and with fewer broken lockpicks.

This increases your "Sweet Spot" on a lock by a small amount

Pickpocket

The stealthy art of picking an unsuspecting target's pockets. A skilled pickpocketer is less likely to be caught and is more likely to loot valuables.

Increases your "% Chance to steal"

Sneak

Sneaking is the art of moving unseen and unheard. Highly skilled sneaks can even hide in plain sight.

Makes you harder to detect by x%

Speech

The skill of persuasion can be used to get better prices from merchants, and persuade others to do as you ask

Small X% better prices, and more chance of skill check on a persuade/lie roll etc...........think this will be a small X%

Now for the crafting ones!!

Alchemy/Smithing/Enchanting

An alchemist can create magical potions and deadly poisons.

The art of creating weapons and armor from raw materials, or improving non-magical weapons and armor

The more powerful the enchanter, the stronger the magic he can bind to his weapons and armor.

No real info on this but believe each point will give you X% better Potions/Items/Enchant being stronger/better

For Smithing the Lvl effects what you can upgrade an item to

Quality Skill Required Effect
Without Perk With Perk Armor Other
Fine 14 14 +2 +1
Superior 31 22 +6 +3
Exquisite 65 40 +10 +5
Flawless 100 58 +13 +7
Epic 150 74 +17 +8
Legendary 196 91 +20 +10

Well hope this is useful to someone - I'll update it as feedback- as more info comes in on the exact %'s for some skills!
:rolleyes:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts