PS3 Guide for armour cap?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Perry M

I've recently been having troubles on Skyrim attempting to follow a guide to hit max armour cap for any form of armour. I want to know what skills and perks have to be chosen to hit the cap. All I can understand is that you need the first perk of alchemy and enchanting to be 5/5 and whatever armour type in the smithing tree. Also, what perks need to be taken for armours? I'm going to be doing both, and want to know what the bare minimum is.
A guide to how to do this would be nice, such as create a necklace, ring, bracers, and other gear that can use this enchantment. I would like to know what ingredients are needed, such as snowberries, giant toes, wheat, all of that. Quantities would also be helpful, but not mandatory.
Lastly, what armour can hit the cap? Is it only things like Ebony, Daedric, Dragonscale/bone, and glass? I would really like to use this Imperial Light Armour all game, and it's going to be difficult to do so. Can Ancient Nord Armour, Steel Plate Armour and Iron armour hit the cap as well? Those are really visually appealing armours to me.
A side bit that isn't as important is the increasing damage of weapons like making a sword do 5000 damage. Would 1000 damage on a daedric sword be enough? How do you also make the weapon do so much damage? What perks are for those as well?
Thanks in advance to anyone that wishes to help me. You'd be doing a huge favour!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If your making a crafting build, the complete build is 100 Enchanting Skill with 5 Enchanter perks and the Insightful Enchanter perk, 100 Alchemy Skill with 5 Alchemist perks, the Physician perk (as a bridge perk), and the Benefactor perk.

You'll also need to disenchant an item enchanted with a Fortify Smithing enchantment and an item with a Fortify Alchemy enchantment so you can use them to create your crafting gear.

Once you have all that you can take apparel for the head, necklace, ring and hand slots and four Black or Grand Souls iyou've bought or trapped inside of Black or Grand Soul gems and enchant the 4 items with Fortify Alchemy enchantments at an Arcane Enchanter table. They should be 25% strength.

Wear the Fortify Alchemy gear and make 4 Fortify Enchanting potions at an Alchemy Lab table. There are a few recipes for the potion but I find the easiest one to acquire ingredients is Blue Butterfly Wings and Snowberries.

Go back to the Arcane Enchanter table with another set of apparel for the head, necklace, ring and hand slots and four Black or Grand Souls, but this time drink one of your Fortify Enchanting potions before enchanting each item with Fortify Alchemy. This will make a stronger set of Fortify Alchemy gear (28%).

Go back to the Alchemy Lab table and wearing your improved Fortify Alchemy gear make 8 more Fortify Enchanting potions which will be stronger then the first ones you made (32%).

Make one last set of Fortify Alchemy gear drinking your improved Fortify Enchantment potion before enchanting each item for the max strength you can get without using exploits (29%).

Next take apparel for the chest, necklace, ring and hand slots and 4 Black or Grand Souls and enchant each one with a Fortify Smithing enchantment after drinking a Fortify Enchantment potion to get a set of Fortify Smithing gear at max strength as well (29%).

The final step is to make Fortify Smithing potions (I usually use Spriggan Sap and Blisterworts) while wearing your Fortify Alchemy gear to make 130% Fortify Smithing potions.

If you wear your Fortify Smithing gear while under the effects of one of these potions you can improve almost any kind of armor to the armor cap assuming that you have all the armor rating bonus perks for light armor and 100 Light Armor skill if that's your goal, or few to no heavy armor perks for heavy armors and 100 Heavy Armor skill.

Perry M

Thank you for your help. I'm going to try this out, I heard that the Imperial Light Armour isn't affected by any smithing perk, but I should be able to increase it a significant amount. This is detailed and very easy to follow, I thank you again. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts