Got a Glimpse TESO, and it Terrified Me

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I watched a friend of mine play TESO for a couple hours the other night. It was my first viewing of the game in action, and it wasn't long before he was defending it from my criticism. It just didn't look like an Elder Scrolls game to me, and I noticed many disturbing features that I now fear being incorporated into TES VI.

My friend was playing a Nord, yet he kept doing some kind of special move, whereby his character quickly launch into the air, sprout wings, and land with a thunderous fiery explosion. And he had this Scorpion "Get over here!" chain that he kept using. And he had a horse that could simply pop into existence for his riding pleasure, only to dematerialize instantly upon dismount. And he had awesome armor that he found, but he couldn't wear it, because he wasn't high enough level yet... He couldn't take books from a bookshelf. He couldn't loot a body unless it was glowing. He knew enemies were enemies because they glowed with a red aura. AAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Do any of you share my fears? Is this the direction Bethesda intends to take with my beloved Elder Scrolls??

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
No. TESO is a MMO that is being ran by not Bethesda. Unless Bethesda is going to scrap the whole single player franchise they are most likely going to be two different animals.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
It's different, but I like it. The abilities you described are class abilities for the Dragonknight and I think it's cool that different classes have abilities that only they can use; but that might have more to do with balancing it for the PvP stuff. I don't think they'll make the next TES game like TESO, a lot of the stuff kinda comes with adapting Tamriel to an MMO environment.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I'd say ESO feels a lot more like Oblivion, probably b/c Zenimax is so heavily involved.

Brofski

The next proper ES won't be like it.

This is an MMO using ES lore. It won't change the series.

Saying that, this game has a lot of things I hope the next ES has. Crafting for one is head and shoulders better. Combat is a lot more fun too. having those ability bars make combat way less repetitive.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
The next proper ES won't be like it.

This is an MMO using ES lore. It won't change the series.

Saying that, this game has a lot of things I hope the next ES has. Crafting for one is head and shoulders better. Combat is a lot more fun too. having those ability bars make combat way less repetitive.
That is good to know. Would you mind explaining how crafting is head and shoulders better? That's an aspect to the game that I saw none of.

hershangames

I know this is a bit off topic, but in the line of what Kholar said, could mention the real differences between ESO and Skyrim? Not the obvious one of course(you know, being an MMO and such).
I'm planning on buying the game but I want to know what I'm doing before.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Kattus

I know this is a bit off topic, but in the line of what Kholar said, could mention the real differences between ESO and Skyrim? Not the obvious one of course(you know, being an MMO and such).
I'm planning on buying the game but I want to know what I'm doing before.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
I second this. Please more!

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

Ancano

High Justiciar
I watched a friend of mine play TESO for a couple hours the other night. It was my first viewing of the game in action, and it wasn't long before he was defending it from my criticism. It just didn't look like an Elder Scrolls game to me, and I noticed many disturbing features that I now fear being incorporated into TES VI.

My friend was playing a Nord, yet he kept doing some kind of special move, whereby his character quickly launch into the air, sprout wings, and land with a thunderous fiery explosion. And he had this Scorpion "Get over here!" chain that he kept using. And he had a horse that could simply pop into existence for his riding pleasure, only to dematerialize instantly upon dismount. And he had awesome armor that he found, but he couldn't wear it, because he wasn't high enough level yet... He couldn't take books from a bookshelf. He couldn't loot a body unless it was glowing. He knew enemies were enemies because they glowed with a red aura. AAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Do any of you share my fears? Is this the direction Bethesda intends to take with my beloved Elder Scrolls??

So, ESO is an MMO. To be honest, it really has very little to do with Elder Scrolls from a game play perspective. The lore and story line however are Elder Scrolls, just the gameplay and physics are geared for an MMO.

There's nothing to be scared of in general except Zone Chat and PvP. That's usually where everything tends to take a turn for the worst.

Honestly to me it feels alot like playing Oblivion. Walking around the forest, dusting imps and finding some loot here and there. ESO has much to offer however for someone not used to an MMO environment you will get stressed out and overwhelmed by all the choices and the size of the map and dealing w/ people.

It's that very reason why I had to make a few changes along. BTW - That red glow is called 'Soft Lock' and the reason it's used is to protect server performance.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts