• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rextoret

top kek
    Gone But Not Forgotten
    Member - Character
    -----------
    Rextoret - Garrus
    Gentleman Adventurer - Relyn
    Aerin - Elsa
    Farthlion - Farthlion
    Mesmerize - Jadoric
    Ponder - Pilus
    The 0P3RaT0R - Tacitus

Rextoret

top kek
    Rain poured outside the Cheydinhal Bridge Inn. An Imperial man in a black leather Thieves Guild outfit sat at a table in a dark corner, sipping some expensive wine. Looking outside the window, he could see the moon starting to rise over the city walls. “He should have been here a week ago!” The man snickered. “Idiot was always late.” The man sighed and sat back in his chair with a thump. He pulled his hood off and long strands of black hair fell into his eyes. He pushed it out of his eyes, a trait he had gotten from his dear friend Sorex Liore many years ago. Closing his eyes, he let the fire warm his body, and he soon drifted into a light sleep.

He was subtly awakened by voices. He sat back up and looked around the almost full inn. Most of it was filled with Imperials, the natives of this land. There were a few Nords here and there, but the majority was Imperials. A few soldiers stood in the back of the inn. This was a precaution by the Empire, the war in Skyrim had everyone on their toes. They seemed to be talking in hushed voices. The man could only pick up a few snippets of what they said. “Stole from the white-gold tower…” “An Elder Scroll?” “They call him the shadow.” The voices got even quieter and the man struggled to listen. “…Liore…” ‘What!’ The man thought in confusion. ‘Was it Sorex?’ The man did not understand. Surely Sorex was not stupid enough to steal an Elder Scroll! Once again straining to listen, the man leant forward.

“…Liore...” “Say again?” “Rexus Liore, you dimwit…” The man leaned back into his chair and sighed. It wasn’t Sorex. That was good. Surely it was a coincidence that the two shared the same family name. Sorex had never told him about any brothers or sisters. Looking up, he saw one of the soldiers approaching him. ‘Damn!’ He thought. ‘Does he recognize my outfit?’ The soldier was a tall Imperial with a scarred face. His uniform showed that he held a high rank. The man gulped and with some hesitation said, “Can I help you?” The soldier replied in a deep and gruff voice, “Name. Age. ” The man attempted to calm himself. “Garrus Palenix. Aged 27 years. May I ask why you need this information?”

The soldier turned to Garrus and said, “We are looking for a known criminal known as the Shadow. His real name is Rexus Liore. He stole an Elder Scroll from the White-Gold Tower. Do you know him?” Not wanting to divulge any information about his friend Sorex, Garrus said, “No. Never heard of him. Wouldn’t want to meet him in a dark alley though.” The soldier turned and said, “Shame. Thanks for your cooperation nonetheless.” As he walked away. Garrus took a deep breath and leaned back, sipping his wine. He slipped into thought.

‘Troubling business.’ Garrus thought. ‘I hope Sorex arrives soon. Then we can get our adventure underway.’ He knew that Sorex had not responded to his letter, but he knew Sorex would come. He would never give up the chance for an adventure of this scale. They would leave Cheydinhal for Tear, a port town in Morrowind. From there they would catch a boat to Elsweyr. Spend a while there, then perhaps continue to Valenwood. He knew Sorex well enough to know that nothing would stop him from going on that adventure. But where was he?

Garrus sat back into his chair and began to fall into a troubled sleep. His mind raced with thoughts of why Sorex could be late. ‘Did he die? No, he’s too strong for that.’ Garrus thought. He tried to reassure himself that Sorex was fine, but he knew deep down that there must be a reason that Sorex was late. Knowing that time might tell what happened to Sorex, Garrus fell into sleep. His long black hair fell in front of his eyes.

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    He stood tall in battle,
    His swords raised high,
    He spoke Deadric for those who died,
    An Imperial as fierce and quick as his blade,
    A teacher and warrior to the friends he made.
    While the days seemed like weeks,
    We did not know him for long,
    Hear these words, for they are Sorex’s song

Time. It seemed to go too fast. At one moment everything is finally right with the world. In the next, the fragile thread that kept the balance between this right is torn to shreds. A story that spiraled downhill after one wrong turn.

Farth wasn't sure how long it had been since the group made up of Imperials, Nords, a Redguard, and a Dunmer first met. It might have been months - maybe years even. The bard that left Solitude would have kept track of the days. He would have taken note of all of the important events, the thoughts in his head, and even what he managed to eat after every exhausting night. Farth was no longer the same man as he once was. He was quick to protect and draw a blade if needed, a warrior by some standards. He still considered himself a bard - a master of speech and conversation - as he would always be. His time on the road had changed him, however. It had taught him the joys of friendship, to embrace the unknown, and the pain of loss.

When Sorex fell, it was a dark moment in his heart. He wished to not visit it in his thoughts. Sorex had come to be a brother to him, helping mold him into his new self. The Imperial was an important part of their group, even when it came down to his last moments. There was a terrible feeling in his mind whenever he thought of the man. It was worse than when he had left his family and the entire province of Hammerfell behind. It was his choice then, he mentally had been preparing for it. Sorex's death - or the death of any friend - was something that was impossible to prepare for. The bard-turned-warrior who once glowed with confidence was now somewhat uncertain.

After his death, they went through his things. It was not an act out of disrespect, but one of honor. He was a mysterious man, seeming to have few ties to other living beings. He had spoken about Morrowind, Cyrodiil, and master whom he trained under. Things like these were the pieces of his past that he told them of. Initially it was their intentions to return his belongings to any family or friends they could track down. Once they found his journals and opened it to the first page, they found a name and a city.

Garrus Palenix
    Cheydinal

Relyn the Dark Elf, Elsa the Nord, and Farth had been the ones to make the journey to Cyrodiil to find Garrus and honor Sorex by delivering his journals - possibly his final memories included in their pages. If so, they would explain his story thus far. Farth was a storyteller himself, but Sorex's death was one story he did not wish to tell.

The group had travelled for many nights from Riften, heading south until they managed to reach Cheydinal. It was a tireless and hard journey, but it was for their friend. Farth did not deny that if he was in Sorex's place, he would wish for his sword to be delivered to his family in Dragonstar. So he continued without a second thought.

Cheydinhal was a beautiful city. At first impression, it may have been one of the most impressive sights he had ever seen. The city was obviously extremely old, but it was well constructed and kept neat by the Dunmer who had populated it for lifetimes. Farth's first suggestion was to check out the inn. His instincts as a bard were always going to be first, and an inn was home even in a completely different province.

Farth entered the Cheydinhal Bridge Inn, attempting to do his best to blend in. He didn't do quite a good job, but he couldn't help it if he was an unusually large, well armed Redguard who looked like he was there on a mission. Hell, if the Imperials in Solitude were alarmed and concerned about a Redguard's presence, he had to be quite a hazard coming to their home.

He walked up to the counter and took a seat, immediately ordering a pint of mead for himself. The inn was quite busy, definitely a good place to ask questions about the whereabouts of Sorex's friend. Or whoever Garrus was.

The huge Redguard suddenly reminded himself to keep a close eye on Elsa. She was now a seasoned traveller, but they were in a completely foreign place, and after departing from Freyr's group he had always felt a silent responsibility to keep an eye on her condition. Sorex would have a appreciated it.

Farth's eyes searched the room for the local bard. Did they not have bards here? His eyes stopped immediately after coming upon a dark figure in the corner of the room, wearing armor similar to Sorex. The Redguard's brows narrowed and he shook his head. If Sorex was from around here then a lot of men might have similar armor. Much like the iron armor found in Skyrim - everyone had it and loved its durability.

He watched as an Imperial soldier came up to the man. Farth crane his head and attempted to block out the other noise in the inn.

"Name. Age."

“Garrus Palenix. Aged 27 years - " That was all Farth needed to hear. After the soldier had finished his conversation he stood up and grabbed his mead in with a large hand, heading to the corner. His mind was only on the figure who spoke, completely forgotten about his companions.

He probably looked a bit strange walking through the inn with such purpose, weapons at his hip, clanking with each step. He probably also raised a few heads with the determination in his eyes. Farth may have even looked a bit scary. No, he was definitely not the same Redguard who had left Solitude.

The bard suddenly stopped at the stranger Garrus's, table. Looking the Imperial in the eye, he gave a wide smile - one of the few since Sorex's death - to show he had friendly intentions. Smiles were universal - a way to distinguish friend and foe. He was sure this was Sorex's Garrus - he looked the type and unless his ears were mistaken, he had the correct surname.

The large bard had to ask though, "Do you know a man called Sorex?"

Rextoret

top kek
    "Do you know a man called Sorex?" Garrus turned to face the large Redguard who had addressed him. He had a large grin on his face, glad to hear news of Sorex. "Yes! Is he in town? I've been waiting for a week for him to get here." Garrus said with much enthusiasm in his voice. He was ready to embark at once with Sorex on their journey. He looked expectantly at the large Redguard, waiting for his answer.

Farthlion

"Yes! Is he in town? I've been waiting for a week for him to get here."

So this was him. At the same time as it made him overjoyed, sadness race through his mind and features. He looked away, wishing not to have to tell this man the news. "Sorex will not be returning," the bard explained, "He met his end in Skyrim. If you are Garrus Palenix, then my companions and I have traveled far to find you."

Rextoret

top kek
    "Sorex will not be returning," the bard explained, "He met his end in Skyrim. If you are Garrus Palenix, then my companions and I have traveled far to find you." Garrus' smile disappeared instantly. "What?" He said, his voice cracking. "But, Sorex... He could never..." Garrus choked back a sob. "Damn that idiot!" Garrus said loudly, tears on the verge of rolling out of his eyes. "Did he leave anything?" Garrus said, covering his eyes in sadness. "I can't believe this..."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    It was on odd thing, losing a friend. Elsa had hardly expected to find herself caring so greatly for her companions as she now did, she had not thought that losing them could be so painful.

It wasn’t that she was a stranger to death. She had lost others in the past, but she had always assumed the line between friends and family was stronger, more defined. Yet she mourned Sorex like she had lost a brother, a brother taken from them far too soon. The first few days had been the hardest, Sorex had often looked out for her and though she had initially resisted it at the time, she missed his constant presence over her shoulder.

The walk to Cheydinhal was a quiet one, but after their time in Skyrim it felt to be good back in a land that felt like home to the young girl. Passing through the gate they headed for Cheydinhal Bridge Inn, the warm and dusty air filling her lungs. It felt familiar, comforting after everything else they had undergone.

The journal was wrapped in a worn piece of cloth in her pack, the young girl needing to know the last possessions of Sorex were close by. She had often replayed the events of his death in her mind, wondering if she had been more alert, had looked over to him faster, had been able to nock her arrow without tremors plaguing her hands...but it was too late now. She knew not to blame herself for what had happened, it had been out of all their hands, but it was easier to accept the blame than to leave death to hands of fate.

Farth had ordered himself a mead but she herself declined. She had not touched drink since Sorex’s passing. She wouldn’t allow her senses to dull, she felt an ever present need to remain aware of everything happening around her.

Inside the inn there were seven patrons, two staff. Checking the pummels of the twin daggers at her side, she moved forward, staying close to Relyn and Farth. There were a couple of guards questioning someone who wore thieves guild armor. She knew she was unlikely to know him, but her interest was piqued none the less. Her curiosity spiked even further when she heard the nervous utterance of his name. He was the man they had sworn to find, Farthlion already up and walking across the room to him. Looking uncertainly at Relyn, Elsa worried her lip, wondering if it would be best to follow the bard or let him converse with the stranger alone. Farth had changed after Sorex's death, and Elsa wasn't so sure she liked the new Farth as much as she had the lighthearted man she had first met.

From the fallen look on the thief's face she assumed Farth had broken the news. Sighing heavily she lowered her gaze to the floor and gathered herself. Holding her pack close to her body she quietly slipped beside Farth, clearing her throat gently to make her presence known. "I believe I can answer that. After Sorex...well went through his belongings, to see if there was anything we could return to his family. Your name was in his journal, we thought we should return his journals to you." Reaching into her pack she carefully pulled the book from it's carefully wrapped protection. Offering the book to the man she stepped back, allowing him a mote of privacy in his grief.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn had grown to hate Cyrodiil. The cities, the guilds, the taverns. But most of all he hated it's history. Thousands of years full of blood, hate, and war. So many of his friends and allies had died in these streets, fighting a war that proved pointless in the end. Relyn had to ignore these feelings however, in order to honor another fallen friend.

Sorex was an intelligent, cunning, and talented man. The Telvanni rarely held humans in high regard, and Sorex was one of few Imperials who earned Relyn's respect. The Dunmer had hopes for many more adventures with this illusionist from Cyrodiil, but his hopes were dashed. He could still see the image of Sorex's body in his mind. The memory was a grim one, and even if he lived another nine hundred years, Relyn didn't expect to forget it.

He, Elsa, and Farthlion had volunteered to bring the news of Sorex's demise to a man named Garrus. They had found no other contacts in the Imperial's journals, and they felt that someone else who knew Sorex should know of his death. They gathered their things, and together they set off towards Cheydinhal.

The journey was by far the most somber Relyn had ever taken. Little to no words were spoken as they trudged along the roads through the Jerall Mountains. It was dark when they arrived. Azura's power reached across the Tamriel, as the sun vanished into the darkness of night, and the moons came out. Farth suggested they look at the inn, Relyn and Elsa agreed.

As they entered the tavern, Relyn scowled. The smell of Cyrodiilic mead hung in the air like poison, off duty guards and drunken citizens sat at tables, chattering on about all manner of unimportant things. It was sad to know these men would not care if they were informed of the terrible news the group was delivering. Farth spotted a man in armor similar to that of Sorex, and went over to talk to the man. Relyn and Elsa held back. The Nord girl, looked at the Dunmer, looking nervous. Relyn tried to give her a comforting smile, but it ended up as more of a determined grimace.

The man in the armor seemed to be the one they were looking for, as he had a look of grief on his face. Elsa moved past Relyn, and spoke to man, handing him Sorex's journals when she was done. Relyn solemnly walked up to Sorex's friend. If he was going to speak, it was now or never. "Sorex was a good man. I've never seen an Imperial with such a mastery of the Illusion school. He fought well, and died a good death. We were honored to have known him, even if it was for such a brief time."

Rextoret

top kek
    As the Nord woman handed him Sorex's journal, he quickly wiped tears from his eyes. "Thank you." Garrus said with some trouble. He saw the Dark Elf approach the table and heard him say, "Sorex was a good man. I've never seen an Imperial with such a mastery of the Illusion school. He fought well, and died a good death. We were honored to have known him, even if it was for such a brief time." Garrus turned and spoke directly to this Elf. "I am glad to hear that Sorex had these companions in his final hours." Garrus knew that if Sorex trusted these adventurers, they were no doubt reliable. Opening Sorex's journal, he saw Daedric writing fill the page.

Speaking out loud as he translated it, Garrus began to read. "Today I arrived at Tear, a port town on the east coast of Morrowind. I have been told to seek out Helseth Avilo. I was told he could get me onto a boat headed for Elsweyr. Perhaps it is there I will find more clues as to what my mentor called 'The Final Illusion'." Garrus knew all he needed to know for the moment. "Once again, thank you all for delivering this to me. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to be headed for Tear." Pushing past the large Redguard, he arrived at the door. As he laid his hand down on the knob, a thought passed through his head. 'If Sorex trusted this people, maybe they could be of use.' Turning to face the group of three, he said "Unless you wish to accompany me? It may be a long journey, and it may be dangerous. I would understand if you did not want to come with me."

Farthlion

Elsa and Reyln suddenly chimed in, startling the Redguard. He had completely forgotten about them. What kind of bard was he to forget about his company? The Redguard in him was beginning to show...

Farth took a sip of his mead, as he listened to the man speak. So Garrus could also read Daedric? The man stood up abruptly and began to make his way to the door, "Once again, thank you all for delivering this to me. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to be headed for Tear."

I'm not sure how I would have changed it, but I am sure that could have gone better... the bard immediately thought. Garrus then turned to the group, "Unless you wish to accompany me? It may be a long journey, and it may be dangerous. I would understand if you did not want to come with me."

Farth looked at his companions. Everyone's work was done. At this point they were meant to go their separate ways. Farth had been planning to trek back to Hammerfell in attempt to clear his mind. His people knew the loss of battle, and if anyone could help clear such horrific memories from his mind, it would be another Redguard.

But here was the offer to continue. The realization that he may lose another friend had hit him very hard, and he was hesitant to say yes... although the warrior as well as bard inside of him were pleading for another adventure. Something to write about and be able to take as a personal victory.

After several moments of careful consideration, Farth turned to Garrus with a smile, "I would like to join you. I feel Sorex would have wished it."

He had no reason to really trust the man, but he reminded him of Sorex in an odd way. The memory of his fallen companion was enough for him. Farth hoped his companions would also accept the invitation.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "Unless you wish to accompany me? It may be a long journey, and it may be dangerous. I would understand if you did not want to come with me."

As Farth offered his support Elsa bowed her head in thought. She was a lost wanderer now, with no real purpose or task to take care of. To join with Garrus in this journey to Morrowind would at least give her something to do, and perhaps give some added closure to losing her friend.

Walking up to Garrus Elsa offered her hand. "I'm Elsa, and it would be our honour to journey with you. I speak for me and my companions, but if Sorex had unfinished business then it's our duty to help you to finish it." She looked at Farth and Relyn for their support, though she knew she would have it without need for confirmation. They had respected and cared for Sorex the same as she, they would see it as an unspoken to carry out Sorex's last will in his memory.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn was surprised by Garrus's sudden departure. Still feeling depressed, he straightened his satchel and was about to head over to the bar for a drink when the Imperial turned around. "Unless you wish to accompany me? It may be a long journey, and it may be dangerous. I would understand if you did not want to come with me."

Relyn stood silently as Farthlion and Elsa both agreed to accompany Garrus. Relyn took the longest to speak, but he walked over to their new leader, and held out his hand. "Relyn Telvayn, master wizard of the House Telvanni. Where these two go, so do I." He looked at his companions, and finally mustered a smile. "Looks like we're in for another journey."

Rextoret

top kek
    Shaking the Nord's hand, Garrus thought on how having these companions would affect his journey in a positive way. "Relyn Telvayn, master wizard of the House Telvanni. Where these two go, so do I. Looks like we're in for another journey." Garrus turned and shook the Elf's hand. "I'm glad to have you all on board." He turned and glanced out the window. The moons were now high in the sky. "Let's stay here for the night. I'm sure you're all sore from your journey. I'll pay, it's the least I can do for you all now." Garrus walked up to the innkeeper and purchased four rooms for the night. Placing a large coin purse on the counter, he turned to address the group. "Good night then. Your rooms are upstairs." Garrus hurriedly retreated to his room, with Sorex's journal in hand. He had some reading to do.

Farthlion

The Redgaurd smiled as his companions each offered to join in on the latest adventure headed their way.

While Farth thought that Garrus's actions were rather abrupt, he did not complain. A free night at a very nice looking inn was not something he was about to complain about. The Redguard downed the rest of his mead with ease, and then waved goodnight. He needed a good night's sleep. Perhaps he could finally clear his mind knowing that Sorex's wishes were being carried out.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Elsa smiled wearily at the thought of free board. After travelling for days she felt like the dust of the road had been ingrained into each and every wrinkle of her clothing. Rolling her stiff wrist she nodded goodnight to Farth before leaving upstairs to find her own room. After a quick check over the nooks and crannies of the room she set her belongings on the floor and sat at the edge of the bed, her head resting in her hands.

Taking a deep breath she slowly exhaled, pushing the air from her lungs in a bid to find some kind of respite from grief and worry. Sitting up she slowly and methodically removed her armour, loosing her hair and crawling into the bed to chase sleep. She was too exhausted to pack away her things, but she had enough awareness to clumsily push her things under the bed with her hand as it hung off the side. Cocooning herself in the rough blanket she yawned, her youth no longer as plain on her face, even in sleep.

Rextoret

top kek
    Garrus sighed and placed Sorex's journal on the nightstand. There were so many questions that Garrus had for Sorex. Now that he was gone, Garrus could not ask him. Garrus and Sorex had been friends every since Sorex had arrived in Morrowind, and they had tried to stay in contact ever since Sorex had gone to Skyrim. Garrus had decided to part ways and head to Cyrodiil. He regretted that decision now. Maybe if he had gone with Sorex to Skyrim, maybe he would still be on Nirn. Garrus' pondering had taken him well into the night. He rolled over and tried to get some much-needed rest, but his body refused to fall asleep.

He slowly got up and opened his door. Knowing how late it was, he doubted anyone would be awake. He slowly sneaked down the stairs, not wanting to wake anyone. He sat into the same chair he had been in during the groups original meeting. He turned the chair to face out the window, and looked up at Masser and Secunda. He pondered what he had read in Sorex's journal.

He had mentioned both this 'Final Illusion' and his companions. It seemed that he was completely trusting of most them. The journal mentioned two more companions, but it seemed they were not present. A Nord named Freyr and another Imperial named Tactilus. It seemed that Sorex was not very fond of the latter. Garrus rubbed his eyes wearily, and leaned back. He knew he should be in his room sleeping but even though his body was tired, his mind was still laced with grief. The news of Sorex's death had surprised Garrus much. Garrus yawned and began to stare wearily into the sky, noting the constellations and the moons.

Farthlion

The bard thought he would fall asleep quickly, enjoying a warm bed and the comfort of knowing he was completely safe. He thought that these thoughts would give him the full amount of rest he desperately needed, but he was wrong. Farth had grown familiar to the feel of the cold and hard ground at night, sometimes even spending the night leaning against a wall. A bed was far too comfortable, too much a luxury for the bard-turned-warrior.

After a frustrating hour or two... or perhaps more - Farth seemed to lose track of time these days - the Redguard heaved his large body out of bed. He cringed at the creaking wooden frame, hoping that the loud noise hadn't disturbed anyone's rest. Really should have gotten some tips from Sorex on sneaking around quietly.

The bard pulled on his armor and rubbed his eyes. Standing up and heading toward the door, he thought that perhaps a bit more mead would help him gain rest. The bard plodded down to the bar, ordering up a pint from the woman who was still tending to the customers at such an ungodly hour.

Farth took a sip before a lonely figure on the far side of the room caught his eye. A memory of earlier that day flashed through his mind, and he realized Garrus was in the exact place he had been earlier, looking out the window.

The bard crept over, attempting to be silent. The clanking of his armor eliminated any hope of this though, "What are you looking at, friend?" He questioned as soon as he was near enough. "And what keeps you awake at this hour?"

Rextoret

top kek
    "Masser and Secunda. Said to be the two halves of Lorkhan, god of creation." Garrus said, still looking out the window. "I came out here because, to be honest, Sorex's death worries me greatly. He was my friend, almost like a brother. Did you know him well?" Garrus knew well that this Redguard, Farth as the journal had stated, had a friendship with Sorex. Perhaps it was more of a mentor-student relation, but they knew each other nonetheless. Garrus just wanted to hear it from this man.

Farthlion

"He may have not regarded to me in such close terms, but to me he was a close friend, someone who I would always follow into battle - he trained me to fight, after all," Farth smiled and took a large sip of the pint of mead in his hand. He would hope that Sorex had considered him a friend as well, but they at least were on good terms... which was something he could not say for Tacitus. The two Imperials never got along from the beginning. "You yourself remind me of Sorex... are you brothers?"

Rextoret

top kek
    "We were as close to brothers as two men not born under the same mother could be." Garrus said. "We trained together for many years, and we have been friends even more." Garrus sighed and propped his elbow under his chin. "What brings you out at this hour? Surely everyone else is asleep?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts