• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CaptMorgan72

I never liked the change that Dawnguard made to level 4 vampirism. You get the message that you are a blood starved vampire that is hated by all but nothing changes. Now if I forget to feed and my vampire reaches level 4 and I see that message, I immediately change to vampire lord form and feed on anyone around me regardless where I am. I see it as denying the hunger for to long and releasing the beast. I do something similar with my werewolf character. I wear the cursed ring of Hircine so the lycanthrophy feels like a real curse.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
interesting, in morrowind werewolves turned every night they do that in my game due to mods, in oblivion lack of feeding caused you to lose up to 8 points of health every second you are in the sun, in my game of skyrim I have to feed or I cant use the vampires blood magic but they could have changed the vanilla dawnguard vampire so at stage 4 you automatically turned and had to feed in vl form to turn back although that would go against the way vanilla vampirism worked, you got stronger as you starved yourself despite the fact you needed to drain blood in vl form to get perk points which reminds me my lich character needs a drawback as well.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
For me it's a love/hate relationship. I feel that as a vampire lord, I am more of a "pure" blood and the hunger is more manageable. However, when I RP a baser vampire, I tend to enjoy the added challenge and more "babysitting" feeling I get with worrying about feeding. I guess it's more of a personal preference. Never did like the werewolf transformation. Always preferred the undead.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
For me it's a love/hate relationship. I feel that as a vampire lord, I am more of a "pure" blood and the hunger is more manageable. However, when I RP a baser vampire, I tend to enjoy the added challenge and more "babysitting" feeling I get with worrying about feeding. I guess it's more of a personal preference. Never did like the werewolf transformation. Always preferred the undead.
for 1 that is a pure a vampire as anyone can get without being (Censored) by Molag bal and I aint to sure I trust Harkon when he says he sacrificed 1000 people maybe that was 2 convince molag bal to do to him what he does to females to make them vampires

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I have never RP as a thinblood since I got dawnguard perhaps I should try it sometime
Oh you should. Try fighting a fire dragon with a Stage 4 thinblood, no fire enchantments, during the day. Now that is a challenge my friend.

The thinbloods are like classical vampires in a way. Just think Carmilla (the novel) and that's what they are, minus the shape-shifting, speed and strength of course.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Iv always preferred to be stage4. With the right enchantments and being a Dunmer, it is a lot of positives with no drawbacks. From a Rp perspective though, a vampire needs to feed :cool:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts