Firebolt stuck in right hand

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ACatGuy

This is PC version. I've tried everything. The Firebolt spell will not be released from my right hand. If I switch to a two handed weapon then go to spells and try to equip something it immediately puts the firebolt in my right hand and anything else I click on is left. I can also do dual cast firebolt, but I CANNOT remove firebolt from my right hand. Wtf?

ACatGuy

I'm on a PC. I've tried EVERYTHING imaginable. If I take a two-handed weapon, then deselect it, as soon as I choose ANY spell it automatically puts the Firebolt in my right hand. I cannot remove it from my right hand; it doesn't matter what mouse buttons I press. I've tried using "E" and enter as well.

The only thing I can think of is loading a previous save but if that doesn't work I have no idea what I'll do.

ACatGuy

Try this...
Press the tilde button (~) to open the command console; type the following:

Code:
Player.removespell 00012fd0

If it works: save, close, open (Skyrim)

'~',
Code:
Player.addspell 00012fd0
to get the spell back.

Thanks for the idea. Amazingly, while this removed the spell from my right hand, it only removed the graphic of the spell. My right hand is still animated as if I'm holding a spell and I cannot put anything in my right hand (unless I take a double handed weapon).

Once i add the spell back, as soon as I equip ANY spell it automatically puts the firebolt in my right hand.

My last save where I was not holding the firebolt puts me 3 levels and a good hour behind. I can't believe a game's final release can have a bug this debilitating. This is just RETARDED.

ACatGuy

It equips frostbite but then frostbite gets stuck in the right hand, lmao. Whatever spell goes in my right hand gets stuck. However, this is a decent workaround; I'll just have to keep using console to change right hand spell until the patch, I guess. Thanks!!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts