• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Since the 2nd Age, Molag Bal has possessed an uncontrollable urge to devour Nirn and merge it with his own realm: Coldharbour. To prevent the living plane from becoming a catastrophic battlefield, the Divines created the Letalis Certo, a tournament to the death. 9 champions are chosen from Tamriel to compete, the prize being that Nirn isn't plunged into darkness. Molag Bal's warriors have claimed victory in the past nine tournaments, if they win the 10th consecutive tournament, Nirn will merge with Oblivion...

The sky was black as wicked lightning bolts stabbed at the ground, powerful winds whipped icy rain drops to the side. A hooded figure made his way through the storm and approached the Silent Crow Tavern in the hills of High Rock. Why this man was here was unknown, but his task was certain: Find 9 worthy Champions to compete against the Demons of Coldharbour. The task was bestowed upon him by the divines, and as a servant to the Gods, he was obliged to comply. Tamriel was a big place, and his task wouldn't be easy, but his Chief, Akatosh, instructed him to go to the Silent Crow, and there his targets would be known. Entering the Inn, the man sat at a table and ordered a drink. "Thorin?"The bartender asked. "Uh yes, that is I.." the Nord raised an eyebrow. "Ah, I've been expecting you, let me get your drink," the Bartender replied, returning with a drink and a scroll. Thorin nodded in thanks, carefully opening the scroll and scanning it's contents. The text was glimmering and divine in appearance, guiding Thorin on who he was to recruit into the fight. Standing up, Thorin left the Inn and looked at the scroll again, GroBenji, Liarah Mirel, Jaoan Thernstorm, Avia'Cael, Koletis Tier, and others were listed in the scroll. Their locations weren't given besides the province in which they could be found, much to Thorin's annoyance. Sighing, the Nord thought of a plan...suddenly snapping up as one popped into his head.

Hands glowing with a blue aura, Thorin muttered an ancient trap, summoning a flock of White Ravens. "Ah, my children, go forth and deliver these messages to the future combatants. Here is an etching of your targets..." he smiled, giving each raven an illustration of a different Champion, along with a letter that he had quickly scribed...

Greetings Champion of Nirn,

You have been chosen by a Higher power to compete in a grand tournament for glorious prizes. Don't take this lightly, for only the best in Tamriel have been delivered this letter. Fame, glory, riches, and more can be your should you decide to test your steel against others of equal prowess. I will reside in the Silent Crow Tavern, hidden in the vast hills of High Rock. Ask for me by name, and the lovely man behind the counter will point you in the right direction.

May the Divines Guide you,
    Thorin
    With that, Thorin gave each bird a farewell salute and sent them to find their targets.​

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    Her legs were straight up in the air and she was making a noise like an excited hagraven. At any other time this would have inspired GroBenjii to dominate his pretty red-head even more, but honestly, the rythmic back and forward thrusting was making the large orc feel a little sea sick. Urgh too much wine... again Benjii thought to himself shaking his head slightly to clear it. The action disrupted the red-head (whose name had escaped Benjii) and she looked up at him with a slight frown creasing her forehead. 'Over you go love,'Benjii grunted, rolling her toned body over so she was propped up on all fours waiting for him. As he gripped her bare hips and silently congratulated himself on wooing such a fine nord, a sharp tapping sound split the now quiet inn bedroom.

GroBenjii, still a little dull and slow from the long night of drinking, rolled off the stone bed and grabbed his short sword off the bedside table, steadying himself on the wall while he straightened up and looked inquisitvely towards the closed window. An official looking bird of prey was standing on the other side of the windowsill and gave the window another series of short, sharp raps. Benjii, thinking that it was probably sent from the brotherhood of assassins, getting up him for killing the last couple of hitmen that they sent out for him, quickly opened the window and shooed the bird away. Hmm, thats odd, they usually send black ravens, not snow white ones. The orc thought as the bird flew backwards, turned, than hurtled through the open window past Benjii. The raven landed on a table in the room and stuck out a scroll bound leg. GroBenjii slammed the window shut and, ignoring his naked companions little squeeks of surprise, reached over and brutishly grabbed the ornate scroll from the leg of the bird. In that instant, the white raven let out screech, burst into blue flames and dissapeared.

Benjii, paying no notice to the stunning display of magic, began reading the letter addressed to him, 'Greetings Champion... thats obviously me,' The orc said in a superior voice, winking at the red-headed female, who had failed to leave the bed, or cover herself up, 'You have been chosen, blah blah compete in tournment blah blah blah best in Tamriel blah bl- oh! Fame, glory, riches!' The orcs tone changed to a more serious manner, 'Silent Crow Tavern, High Rock. May the divines guide you.' With that, Benjii roared with laughter, tucked the letter in his goat skin travel bag and got back in bed with the lovely naked lady, feeling much better than he did a minute ago. 'Now, my flaming beauty, were where we?'

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    That cell had to be the second darkest place Koletis had been in, being the first one his own coffin. He refused to stop hitting the bars with his shield, which cut more than his axe, until those damn imperials freed him. "Open up, you cowards! I will make you all pay!" The guards, at a considerable distance from him, yawned, already bothered by the unceasing sound of clashing steel, echoing through the dungeon all day and all night. The bars were all bent, though it wasn't even nearly enough for Koletis to break free. "Why didn't we disarm him again?" Said one to the other. "If you want, you can try..." The guard looked through his helmet at the angry draugr as he shrieked and hit the rusty bars with chains, axe, fists and shield and then turned to his comrade again. "Nah, I'm good..."

The little light that came in to his cell was from a tiny window, also barred, and Koletis had to stand on tiptoe to be able to see the world outside, which hurt him somewhat, thanks to his rotten toes. A strange bird landed on that window, something Koletis only realized when it sung. At first he thought it was a dove, but its noise revealed it was actually a raven. The mere sight of a bird reminded Koletis of Eeok, not only because she was a bird herself, but also because she liked to eat that kind of birds. Something in its feet caught his attention. A small piece of paper was tied to its claws by a string that was nearly invisible. The raven cut the string with its beak and flew away frightened when Koletis tried to grab it, obviously to do something that would relieve his anger. Unfolding the paper, Koletis was, with horror, taught that his brain's deactivation had also taken him the gift of reading. He had no clue of what the letters scribbled in that brand new piece of paper meant!
    "Raargh!" Koletis creased the paper with his skeletal hand and threw it with all his strength against the shoulder of one of the guards. "What the hell?!"

The man picked up the ball of paper and uncreased it, still trying to work out how such a thing ended up in the draugr's cell. After taking a few quick looks at it, he quickly turned to the other one. "Hey, the thing got a letter..." The other one peeked to the writings as well and finally replied. "This is why that priest said we couldn't kill him?! So that he could participate in a tournament?!" The idea of fighting and getting rewarded for it flashed through Koletis' ears and he began to pay more attention, now with an aroused curiosity. "It doesn't matter... If they want it in High Rock, it goes to High Rock..." They both turned to the prisoner, still unsure of how they would carry him for such a distance. "There is no way we can open that door and convince it to go nicely to High rock." One of them then picked up a spear with a green tint on its tip and slowly approached Koletis' cell. Obviously, as soon as he noticed that one of the guards was getting closer, the draugr began spinning his chains to try to hurt the man. And he would have caused harm if it hadn't tangled around one of the bars and forced him to waste precious seconds freeing his whip. Once he had untangled the old mossy chain from the rod, he would have already been poked by the spear. The green had disappeared, and his sight began to vanish. He had been poisonously betrayed. "Damn... you! I... 'll... KILL! You..." Koletis fell to the ground, nearly uncounscious, being the last thing he saw and heard the two guards finally opening the cell door as he wished.

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    The room smelled musty and dust had settled on the books, the chairs, the tables, the bed and the window. The sun dimly shined into the room through the window and the day outside seemed even duller than inside. The ominous clouds loomed over the sky like a shadow stuck to its projection, Winds eerily pierced the odd silence. The wooden floor squeaked, and the rats hid in their corners. There red eyes peered from the semi-darkness that devoured the room. Jaoan's eyes quickly adapted to it and quickly he found what he was searching for, "To think, they moved all this stuff up here while I was away. They never informed me of his death nor did they help him as he died. I wonder why, and its never a good thing to come back when somebody else is in charge. Soon they realized but it might have been already too late, My only friend oh how this castle has treated you. This place is full of bad luck, how many lives has it taken and how many has it returned." He grabbed the ceramic urn and wiped the dust off.
    "Friend, even you don't deserve such a horrible place to retire, how long were you here?"
    He looked at the urn, making sure it was the one he sought and found it to be true. A small iron plaque rested on its base and to Jaoan's amazement there was no epitaph to be found.

A white raven rested upon a box, high enough not to be seen. It looked at the Imperial fascination of the urn before letting out a croak to get his attention.
    He slowly looked up at the bird, and noticed the linen tied letter on its leg. The window slammed open and a gust of wind bellowed in, as if it sought the need to cry out for something. The bird quickly hopped over to the box nearest to Jaoan, "Take," what sounded to be the bird whispered.
    Jaoan looked closely in its eyes and saw a mark of intelligence some people never had nor will ever have. He pulled at the note before it tugged loose and the bird immediately flew into the air and out the window before exploding in a puff of smoke. He opened the letter and quickly read its contents, "Champion of Nirn? Higher power? Riches and fame... Like I need that and This person is too be located at Silent Crow Travern, by the mountains."
    He thought before reading it over again, making sure what was written was certain.

He walked outside, what the clouds promised soon gave way. Heavy rain began to pour down and the strong winds rallied the rain to sting his face, "It had to start now, didn't it? This letter better be worth it, It did sound like some sort of preaching lunatic wrote the damn thing just to lure him into a trap. Was Thorin even his or her's real name? The Raven sent other thoughts though." He carried on clutching his coat and holding down his hood, which the wind seemed to love blow off just so its brothers in arms could strike at his face. As he walked, curtains closed and lights went off. Something has changed since he left.

blue 468

Lairah pulled her mask up further to protect her face from the sand, looking up at the large sand clouds building up in the distance she walked over to the group of warriors that stood before her. There were 8 in all most of them Red Guards like her self but there were 2 khajiit. "Men!" She yelled trying to make her voice heard over the wind "I have served with you for many years, most of which were very fruitful indeed." She paused as her men laughed in agreement. "Though we all may fight for different reasons! Some for money! Some for glory! Some for blood! Or some for just the thrill of it! The roar of approval caused Lairah to stop speaking, instead she climbed on to her horse and drew her swords. "Now men! Follow me one more time!" She yelled spurring her horse forward toward the unaware trading caravan, the guards of which scrambled at the sight of her and her men trying to gather there weapons.

The charge went successful enough, she only lost one man and only two were injured one of them herself. She had been slashed across her forearm when she had her back turned, though she did get a moment of satisfaction as she plunged her sword into his chest. She sat on a barrel bandaging her wound grimacing as as she added pressure, she looked up as a snow white raven landed on a dead mans corpse. With a puzzled look she stood up and gently untied the note from it's claw, admiring it for a moment before it burst in to blue flames and disappeared. Shaking her head she read the note

You have been chosen by a Higher power to compete in a grand tournament for glorious prizes. Don't take this lightly, for only the best in Tamriel have been delivered this letter. Fame, glory, riches, and more can be your should you decide to test your steel against others of equal prowess. I will reside in the Silent Crow Tavern, hidden in the vast hills of High Rock. Ask for me by name, and the lovely man behind the counter will point you in the right direction.
    Thorin

Pondering for a moment she put the note in her pocket and walked over to her second in command Waylas, "AHH! Lairah that was a good raid. Was it not?" he said in a cheerful voice. Smiling "Yes, Waylas good indeed. I need to tell you something. I'm leaving." Waylas was caught by surprise "Leaving. Well I knew eventually but...well all I can say is good luck and where might you be going?" Pausing for a moment she looked at the Sand storm gathering in the distance "High Rock."

Writes-Many-Posts

During a mysterious lump in his new cage, Koletis woke from his unconsciousness. "What the...?!" He was in a lightless cube, with little room for more than two steps for him to walk. The sound of horse hooves clashing against the ground told Tier that he was in a wagon. "Ah, you are awake..." A male voice said. To stick to his usual strategy, Koletis began lashing the four walls that held him with his shield and axe once again. "Please, don't do that yet..." In a sudden pause, he chose to listen to the man for a while, to try to understand what was going on. "You are actually listening, huh? Good. So, here is what will happen... You have been called for a tournament in High Rock and you will put all that anger of yours to good use!" Trying to calm himself down, as he clutched his axe and slightly dented it with the angry strength he had, Koletis sat on the cage's floor as the driver continued to speak. "An inn named Silent Crow Tavern is just ahead, when you get there, you ask for a man named Thorin, and he does whatever he wants with you, or the other way around, I won't be nearby to see... Got it?" "I'll rip you apart!" "Okay, well, keep in mind that we are in High Rock, and these people did nothing to harm you... And as I will be riding away before you are able of leaving your cage, I'd say that's not advisable for you to go on another rampage." Koletis now dropped his axe and shield to bash both his fists against the steel walls and make noise for the whole travel, until a sudden brake made him cease the noise. A female voice allowed him to distinguish another person nearby. "Road block!" The driver's voice, the one he knew better, then replied. "What? There is no such a thing!" Then two other male voices stepped in, being one of them from an orc. "This is a toll road!" "You must pay a fine! Open the wagon!" The idea of finding himself free thanks to muggers gave Koletis a pleasant grin, and motivated him to remain silent for a while. The driver, trying to remain calm, replied. "Trust me... You don't want to open it..." "Shut up!" Their steps became closer and louder, but before he felt their hands picking the lock that divided him from freedom, he still heard the orc yell. "Hey! That coward is riding away!" But the female bandit chief calmed him down. "Doesn't matter, he left the carriage behind... Open it!" As soon as the lock whispered Koletis that it was cracked, he pushed the door as fast as he could and broke the orc's nose. "Ow!" "What is that thing?!" "Charge!"

An angry Koletis was surrounded by the three criminals as they all pointed different blades at him. The orc, who was within his reason, the one with more right to be angry with a broken nose, striked first, and was disarmed by Koletis once he put his skeletal arm in his way, blocked, grabbed the mace and shoved his shield in his face to make him take a few steps back, now with no weapon. Reaching for his back, Tier threw one of the many heavy chains that cost him in speed dearly, wrapping it around the woman's sword, and then pulled it and spun the combined weapons. They all backed off, although the orc wasn't quick enough and was eviscerated by his leader's blade. A cruel fate, but an instant death.
    "He was the luckiest of you three!" Koletis started moving his rotten legs towards the now frightened woman, paying too little attention to the other bandit. She backed off three steps before the male outlaw cut his leg and kicked him in the back. It was thanks to those attacks that Koletis had died the first time. His now increased anger allowed him to ignore the major pain he was feeling in his leg and spine as he turned around and clubbed the man upwards below his chin with the unsharpened axe. The woman tried the same strategy, attacking him from behind, but this time Koletis was quicker and forced her to kneel down by hitting her stomach with his shield. "Consider yourself lucky that I forgot how it is done or I'd rape you!" Koletis tied a chain to each of their feet and climbed on the horse that the driver had left behind, a coldly satisfied grin displayed across his face. "This will be a bumpy ride! For you..."

Following the coward's instructions, Koletis reached the Silent Crow Tavern a short horse ride after. Unsurprisingly, from the three people that started the journey, only he was left alive. After picking up their dragged corpses and carrying them to the back of the building so nobody would notice he walked in. Animal trophies decorated the wooden walls, and he was able to distinguish the smell of alcohol from events before his death. Great times, when he had friends, a wife, maybe? He couldn't remember a thing, and seeing those joyful drunkards remembered him of how envious he was of his past life. The joyful drunkards also reminded him how much he hated everyone for being weak enough to succumb to their vices, and so, Koletis was placed in front of a new dilema. Would he follow the orders of the driver? Or would he kill everyone? Or would he try to kill everyone and die in the hands of a competitor of the tournament? Luckily, those three bandits had shown up, which eased up his anger a lot. And a tournament would also allow him to kill people without penalty from the law. His initial choice would be trying it out.

Poking what was left of his brain to remember who he was looking for, Koletis walked to the counter and addressed the innkeeper. "You... ermm..." When people weren't friendly to anyone for as long as Koletis had been, trying not to sound hostile was a real challenge. Shaking his head while the man took a few steps back thanks to his grisly look, Koletis went straight to the point in resignation. "Th... Thar... Thorin!" The man's arm stretched as he pointed to the other side of the room, without saying a single word.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Green and red all over, passing by with haste as if going somewhere, wind and the cracking of limbs fill the air. Trees flew passed her while she was giving chase to one of her targets. It was quite easy for her to hop from tree to tree and swinging from vines and branches, but for the target, merely trying to outrun her was giving him trouble. The target was no Wood elf, but a Imperial criminal that ran to Valenwood to avoid being brought to justice. He was breathing and sweating heavy while running and looking over his shoulder. He had to stop to take a breath while there was a silence behind him. She wasn't even breaking a sweat, and now she was hanging back to watch her prey. He looked up towards the massive, towering trees above him. They were thick with leaves to where they blocked out some of the sun's rays. He was impressed that he outran the famed "Red arrow". Someone who rarely missed and never let her targets outrun her. He then let out a small praise and a sigh of relief when an arrow pierced his leg. "Gah, I thought I lost you! Come out!" He fell to the ground when he clinched his leg. "Celebrating too soon aren't we? Did you really think you could've escaped me?" Her voice was muffled by her helmet. She then sat on the branch she was on while her target was cringing in pain. "Why bother chasing me? I didn't do anything to you! I just crossed into your land!" She then jumped down and started walking towards him "You're a criminal on the run, and I'm a bounty hunter, I should say an "ex" bounty hunter, but still one nonetheless! You crossed into my home. I'm not going to let filth like you ruin it. Plus I was paid to take care of you. I didn't earn my reputation by sitting around and doing nothing, did I?" She then sat on a stump when a white bird caught her eye. The bird was actually a raven, and it landed right beside her. As she looked towards it, she noticed a piece of paper attached to it's foot. "Hold a second, yeah?" She untied the paper, then watched the bird fly off and disappear. As she was about to read it, the man reached for his sword and tried to stab her. She easily dodged the sword, and twisted the man's arm until he dropped it. Without letting go of his arm, she began to read to herself.

'Greetings Champion of Nirn, You have been chosen by a Higher power to compete in a grand tournament for glorious prizes.' "You're hurting my arm!" She looked down at the man. "I'll break it if you don't shut it." 'Don't take this lightly, for only the best in Tamriel have been delivered this letter. Fame, glory, riches, and more can be your should you decide to test your steel against others of equal prowess.' "Ow! Stop it!" Her grip became tighter and his hand was being twisted even moreso. 'I will reside in the Silent Crow Tavern, hidden in the vast hills of High Rock. Ask for me by name, and the lovely man behind the counter will point you in the right direction. May the Divines Guide you,Thorin.' The paper was then stuffed in her pocket. "Let go of me! I swear of I get out, I'll make you pay, you whor-" She then snapped his arm with a flick of her wrist. He then let out a pained cry. "I told you to shut it! Now look at what you've done. Don't worry, I won't kill you. You're going to face justice. If I were to track you without getting contracted, then you would already be dead. I have a search party following behind me. If you shouted loud enough they will hear you." She took her helmet off, then began to trace back to the opening. 'High rock, huh? I've done battle in their arena, so I guess Red Arrow will make a comeback!"

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    His eyes widened as Thorin caught a glance at the rotting draugr that made it's way into the Tavern. "By the Gods...by what sorcery hath conjured such a force?" he uttered under his breath. Nonetheless, he heard the warrior attempt to say his name, and signaled for him to approach. Koletis hulked over to Thorin's table, and slumped down in a chair. "It is an honor to meet you, Koletis, Champion of Cyrodiil.." he greeted with a smile. Before the Undead Fighter could ask him how he knew his name, Thorin cut in," You probably have many questions. Rest assured that these will be answered in time. In the mean time, have a drink if that would assist in battling the consumption of time we must wait here," the Sky Child offered a cold mead. "I am Thorin, he who has summoned you here. Never in all the ages have I seen a being like you, quite extraordinary.." Thorin gave a sly grin as he inspected the Draugr.

An hour later, two warriors walked in: An Altmer woman, tall and Golden skinned, with gleaming white hair that fell down to her shoulders. She bore a silver plated armor, shield on back and sword in sheath. The other was a Khajiit man, of medium height and build, bushy black fur and braided hair. Scars ran across his worn face, and his armor Orcish in make, besides the missing sleeves that exposed his bulging biceps. Every step he took was heavy, his weapon was a large mace, steel spikes protruding out of an old human skull... The two both demanded to see Thorin, though the Altmer was a bit more polite in her request. The Bartender pointed to the Earth-Guard, and the two approached. "You are Thorin?" the Altmer asked. "Aye, that is I, please have a seat," Thorin offered, "I take it your respective journeys went well?" The Khajiit laughed heartily, "You couldn't have picked a more desolate place to convene in all of High Rock. I am-" "Ra'Guja, I know," Thorin finished the Cat's sentence with a nod of approval. "And you are Celadriel of Cloudrest, pleased to meet the two of you," the 'Nord' smiled, "As I have told your fellow competitor here," he gestured to Koletis. The Khajiit looked in disgust,"What in the name of the Mane is that?!" he exclaimed, "Silence yourself!" Thorin barked rather annoyed. "As I was saying, everything will be explained later, for now..socialize I suppose, I must go away for but a moment," he stood up and walked outside.

The Altmer gazed at Koletis in wonder, leaning in closer, "So, what ARE you? a Thrall? do pray tell," she grinned with gleaming eyes. Ra'Guja merely crossed his arms and gave a "hmph.." reaching for an ale, "This one will agree with the Elf, explain yourself creature.."

blue 468

She had only been to High Rock once before, and to say the least it ended with her running for her life with half a dozen guards on her tail. Lairah smiled at the thought as she proceeded through the hill side trying to find the Silent Crow Tavern. She stopped in her tracks as she heard a slight noise to her left, slowly placing her hand on her knife she waited till she heard another noise confirming her suspicions that she walked into an ambush. Cursing her self for her carelessness she noted the number of attackers, she counted 5, readying herself she quickly loosened her dagger from it's sheath throwing it underhand toward a bush. Smiling as she heard a cry followed by a man stumbling out and fall to the floor. The rest of the bandits charged out yelling out insults, the first one reached her a large burly Orc wielding an war hammer, Lairah quickly sidestepped and plunged her drawn scimitar into his gut. The next one was a Imperial who was smarter he approached her slowly with his shield raised, he made a mistake tough when he lowered his shield when it became to heavy. Lairah quickly sliced at his arm forcing him to drop his sword but before she could finish him off the last two charged, she backed up, blocking and stabbing, parrying and slicing in return but she couldn't fight two on one with only one sword drawn. She stumbled as she backed into a tree she closed her eyes in preparation for death, when she heard a yell, the Imperial that she disarmed lay dead with his throat slit. Then the man who stood before her yelled in pain as a sword sprouted from his chest. The last bandit quickly tried to finish her off but Lairah was quicker, she grabbed his sword turning it in his hand and plunged it into his stomach. Lairah gasped for air as she tried to regain her composure.

Lairah studied the Woman who stood before her she was of average height with pale blue skin, red eyes and raven black hair as was common among Dunmer, she had an athletic build and had an long slender blade strapped to her waist. She wore a black cloak that covered dark grey leather armor. She had an mysterious look about her but that didn't surprise Lairah, "Thanks for the help Dunmer" She said a little more aggressive then she intended. Luckily the Dunmer didn't take notice "Your Welcome, one should be more careful in these troubling times. My name is Andali." She said offering her hand. Raising an eyebrow "The names Lairah, and may I ask where are you headed?" she said "The Silent Crow Tavern, you?" she asked back "That's funny me too." The two of them reached the inn together, opening the door the both stopped dead in there tracks as they noticed the Draugr in the tavern talking to a group of people.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    The handsome horse, despite being kicked in the gut by a huge, callused foot, slowed down from an uneven trot to a walk. GroBenjii, knowing what was coming next, cursed under his breath and readied himself just as the mare let out a croaked whiny and stumbled, exhausted to the ground. As the orc unattached his goatskin sack from the horses saddle, he heard it again. This time a lot closer. 'Sorry old girl, you've done well and i really am doing you a favor,' Benjii murmed as, in one fluid motion, unsheathed his short orsinium sword and slit the horses throat. In that instant, the wolves that had been tracking him and his tiring mare for the last few hours sprinted down from the rocky hills, stopping just metres away from Benjii, glaring him down. Grobenjii, knowing exactly what the large pack of wolves were after, simply sheathed his blade, swung his travel bag over his shoulder and turned his back to slowly walk away from the wolf pack and their already dead meal.

It was nearing dark and Benjii was sure the Inn had to be coming up soon. It had been a much slower and tiresome journey through the hilly region of High Rock since the encounter with the hungry wolves. He had known he was pushing his horse too hard through the treacherous, mountain path but once a pack that large and hungry had caught his horses scent he knew they would never have given up.

The silouette of something large loomed up ahead and the orc tightened his grip on his halberd and cautiously proceeded forward, knowing all to well of the bandit threat that inhabited this region. As Benjii edged closer, he realised it was an abandoned cart, the back doors thrown open. GroBenjii looked inside and surmised that they must have been transporting a bear. large scratches and knocks on the wood surely could not have been caused by anything human. And yet as the orc looked around and saw dead bandits, he noted that they had only weapon inflicted injuries, no sign of anything anamilistic or wild being thier cause of death.

Truly confused now, GroBenjii left the cart and hurried on in the now very dark night. As he turned the corner he was greeted by the welcome sight of the remote Inn. Climbing the steps hearing quite a group of people, he pushed open the door, had a quick glance of the adventurous, well armed throng of men and mer and headed straight for the bar for a long over-due mead.

Writes-Many-Posts

Keeping his cool was a lot easier than Koletis had expected. The man who greeted him and spoke of himself as Thorin came out as a friendly person, calm, and, unlike many others, not randomly throwing insults at him just because of his appearance. Koletis pushed a shiny mug of steel away from him with his hand, aware that alcohol would most surely not help a single bit. "N... nice to meet you too..." He muttered shily, slightly stunned by the fact that the man seemed to already know his name and where he hailed from, not to mention the fact that he had been the first thing that hadn't shown hostility towards him. A khajiit and an altmer walked in, both looking arrogant, and none of them actually trying to cover how unpleasant it was for them to be in the same room as he was. Their names seemed to be Ra'Guja and Celadriel, according to Thorin. Based on the results of his hunches, Koletis would almost bet he was right about their name as well.

None of them seemed to know what Koletis was. In fact, not even himself knew what he was. "I don't know..." He said, his tone now going back to the normal angered level. The tournament that driver had spoken of should be soon, and Koletis was already hoping that he would be able to fight one of those two, completely unaware the threats he would meet were far worse than that. "All I know is that a regular thrall isn't able to speak, and I serve no one!" He exclaimed, now in the tone he used to roar back in his cell, again in a bad mood provoked by the usual absense of someone friendly.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Thorin stepped outside of the Tavern only to run into two young Women, a Redguard and a Dark Elf. "Ah, Lairah and Andali, you are as lovely as depicted..welcome," he gave a wink and a bow. "Your fellow competitors are already inside, I'm sure you'll be able to figure which group they are." The two went inside, and moments later, the Orc known as GroBenji approached. "Champion of Skyrim, your ferocious look is not belittled in any tale of plunder you have achieved," Thorin greeted with a fist on his chest. "I am Thorin, he who hath summoned thou to this place. Please, make your way inside, have a drink and meet your fellow Champions, I am sure they are eager to gaze at their competition..." he said straight faced. The Orc walked into the Tavern, leaving Thorin by himself again.

After some time in solitude spent meditating on his troubles, Thorin made his way into the Tavern, squeezing into the somewhat crowded table and spectating the conversation between the warriors. Celadriel, the High Elf, was taken back by Koletis's sudden frustration, "Sorry, I made a mistake, no need to get Hostile..." she defended, leaning back in her seat and sipping on an ale. Ra'Guja chuckled, "He isn't so fierce, my claws will find his heart soon enough," he stated cockily.

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    The Inn was in sight and the rain had stopped although Jaoan was still mildly wet, he looked around making sure it was safe to proceed. Jaoan still didn't trust whoever had sent that letter and didn't want to find himself dead or worse. The Road was empty, the trees were gentle swaying with the wind, the sun slowly falling behind the coast. Light shined from the windows of the Inn and all Jaoan kept thinking of Was it still open or was it simply a well kept bandit hideout?

After awhile two travelers found the Inn but before they could enter an old man exited and said a few things to them. Jaoan waited a bit longer and then suddenly he saw an Orc slowly approach the Inn, walked up the steps and stopped at the old man, the old man said a few words before the Orc also passed into the Inn with the old man following.
    "So there is a meeting of sorts, I was clearly not the only one sent that letter. I wonder how many were though? I should still be on my guard, who knows what might be down there." Jaoan thought before he decide to jump down from his hiding spot in the tree, he walked up to the road and the closer he got the louder he could hear a faint laughter emit from the Inn. He stopped by the door, opened it and was greeted by bright light and the smell of alcohol. Typically he walked over to the bar, noticing the odd bit of crowd gathered inside, were they all here because of the letter?
    The Barkeep looked at Jaoan and he ordered a mug of wine, "Quiet a crowd you got here? What's the occasion?"
    "People like to settle down, have a drink, get a few hours of sleep you know,"
    "Well okay, might I ask though. Is a guy named Thorin around? I'm Jaoan Thernstorm, perhaps you've heard of my family name?" Jaoan announced before taking a sip of his wine.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    She had managed to leave Valenwood relatively fast seeing how she caught the criminal right on the border of Cyrodiil. Remembering that she had made a few friends in Cyrodiil, she decided that she was ask them for passage to High Rock. Perks of being an attractive woman who can handle herself and that is known for her time in the arena. One of her friends owned a ship that could go as far as Daggerfall, which was a city known for trading. She would have to find the Inn herself, however. She was quite fine with that, because that made her journey a lot easier and less troublesome. Avia assumed it wouldn't be hard to inquire about an Inn called "The Silent Crow Tavern" that was far in the hills, so she wasn't worried. Some of the beauty of Cyrodiil comes from the land itself. Luscious green trees and grass, dark, rustic bark, and ayleid ruins. The architecture and buildings were quite nice as well. Avia loves the land of Cyrodiil, especially the mountains and highlands. "Back home, the trees are tall and filled with dark colored, big leaves. Vines also hang from tree to tree, plant life can take over quickly. The few roads built in Valenwood are overgrown with vegetation. The weather is temperate and it rains. Most of our cities are along the shore. Houses, most buildings, are actually in the trees themselves. Falinesti is "the walking city" due to the trees actually uprooting in the winter to move to the north, then switching back to the shore during the summer. It's quite a beautiful site to us though. Silvenar though, is just grand! Once a blossoming glade, but thanks to a spell or natural cause, the trees' sap began flowing with translucent liqueur. The process of the sap flowing and hardening over the colorful trees had formed the web of the city. A magnificent pile of faded shades of green, red, blue, and white, and crystal residue. The bridges are amber, and its' forest architecture is frozen, glazed over, like glass." One could tell that she is proud of her homeland, and loves it dearly. She would occasionally come across a pack of wolves that would try to ambush her, but she commanded them using her people's power, and they left her alone. She takes no pleasure in killing animals without reason. This is one of the reasons she doesn't fight in the Arena when it's against animals. Men choose to fight and lay their lives on the line by themselves, animals don't have a choice; This is her belief.

Some time had passed, and she finally reached Anvil. Avia took her helmet off when she got in the city, and headed towards the dock gates. She hadn't been in any other city in Cyrodiil in a while except the Imperial City to fight from time to time. As she was thinking about past fights in the Arena, she was almost to the dock gate. Most people didn't notice her helmet, so she could pick up the pace, and she was now at the gate, and opened it. The smell and slight sting of salt filled the air for a moment after opening up the gate. Ships were going in and out of port, sailors and dock workers moving cargo and other supplies. The wood of the docks creaked and moaned due to the pattering of footsteps. A few dock hands gave her looks, and she would wink at the attractive ones, and then made her way to a familiar face and ship.

Varulae was busy making sure her stock, men, and other things of import were up to date. She was about to be on her way she heard a familiar voice. "I hope you haven't been getting yourself into more ghostly or human trouble. I still remember the times when we didn't even know each other and the only reason we became friends was because you hired me to protect you from docked pirates and problems in the city AND pirates on the open sea!" She could hear Avia laughing, which made her do so. "Oh don't worry Avi, I've been good! I actually hired on some permanent guards. It's great to see you again by the way!" They both smiled, then hugged. So what brings you here?" Avia sat on a crate, then looked over the invitation again, "I need passage to High Rock. As far as you can take me. I apologize if this is a burden to you." Varulae smiled at Avia, then nodded. "Not a problem. We're friends after all and you did help me before. I'm actually going back to summerset Isles for a family matter, so I would heading around there anyway! Whats more than a few more miles for a good friend? You can sleep in the exact room you slept in when you escorted me! I was just fixing to leave, so you got here just in time!" At this time, Varulae was showing Avia around the ship and where she'll be sleeping. "The journey should take a little while, so get comfortable! Oh and I just got a small supply of great books to keep me busy. You can read them to your heart's desire!" With that, she left Avia's room, and prepared for the journey. Shortly after, they were off.

The voyage took a week's time, a book, a bucket from when the waves would thrash about, and rock the boat to the point of nausea. It has been a while since she has been on a boat for this long. When she finally reached solid ground, she let out a sigh if relief, then proceeded to put her helmet on After waving her friend goodbye, she headed to the front city gate, then went to the nearest Inn to inquire about the place she needed to be. She didn't have to linger long, because she overheard two men discuss the Tavern. She decided make haste towards the mountains. She walked out of the inn, then caught sight of a carriage actually passing the Silent Crow. She put her helmet on, then began to make her way to her destination. The path was pretty normal, and she was about to sing a song from the village she was born in. 'I really need to buy a wood flute, and maybe a' she then stopped to view the scene before her, "what happened here?" The sight of a opened cart that had violent scratchings, dents, a lot of blood, and dead bodies. "Thank Y'ffre I don't eat the bodies of the freshly dead like most of my people do. Ironic, isn't it? I'm thanking the god that made most of us uphold the green pact. Whatever was in there, it destroyed these people." Shortly after viewing the scene, taking a few mental notes, she took her helmet off, then made her way towards the tavern. Once she opened the door, she saw an Orc drinking mead, then some well armed patrons. Remembering that she had to ask the Barkeep for the sender by name, she approached the bar, winked at the Orc, then looked at the Barkeep. "Thorin." Without saying a word, the man pointed to a room nearby, and Avia followed to a table to take a seat, and to play with a septim.

Writes-Many-Posts

The arrogant khajiit made Koletis lose the little of the patience he managed to create a few minutes before. Never getting his eyes of the cat, the undead man pressed his skeletal thumb against the table and hammered it down with his left hand, drilling the wooden surface, piercing it completely to the other side. Before taking his finger out of the table's new hole Koletis yelled at his insulter. "I am curious, cat! Can you do this with your claws?! You must if you wish to get to my heart, that is, if I still have one!" Once he had his hand out of the table, Koletis noticed more people arriving, until the table became immensely crowded. The last person he could see between all those competitors was an elf, who was still at the counter, but judging by where the barkeep was pointing to, would also join them in the tournament. Not at all pleased by the major number of people around him, Koletis folded his arms and waited until Thorin gave orders.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    High Rock, a wonderful place for business. "People would say the imperials of Cyrodil are sharp tongued, but you never know a persuasive fellow until you meet a breton." Xavriel thought to himself as the breton showed his rucksack, full of coin. Xavriel could hear how the metal clenched inside it.
    "Take this as my gratitude, master Darksbane, for the job you and your apprentices filled." The breton handed over the rucksack to Xavriel, It felt quite heavy, almost hard to believe so many coins could fit in it. "Well then, I’ll be off, enjoy yourself with what is in the rucksack" The breton's footsteps entangled Xavriel's ears, but he could still hear that his bodyguards were still surrounding him. He opened the rucksack, and touched the content. He quickly understood how the breton wanted to fool him, as in the rucksack there were no coins, but just clothing irons.

Xavriel dropped the rucksack as lightning started circling his left hand. "Nice try!" He spoke loudly and the breton turned around terrified, only to see a thunderbolt aproaching him. The force in the spell was so high it pushed the breton towards a nearby tree. "Charge!" Another breton yelled, one of his bodyguards. They were all running towards Xavriel, there were about six of them, rapidly approaching from all directions. When they all got close, Xavriel grabbed his two glaives from his back as he jumped in the air and started spinning, hitting all of his enemies and surprisingly killing one by slicing his neck. He heard a bow firing in a distance and skillfully rolled over to dodge the arrow, sticking one of his glaives into the stomach of another bodyguard. As two more were charging towards him, one with a one handed sword and the second with a giant hammer, from opposite directions, he stepped back as the hammer crushed the skull of the other bodyguard.

As he stepped back someone was about to backstab him, however Xavriel heard him before he even unsheathed his dagger. He threw one glaive to the poor coward, when the other one he swung his hammer at Xavriel. He slid between the legs of the giant orc, and hit him with his other glaive in the heart. Another arrow was approaching, Xavriel catched it with his empty hand, and, powering it with lighting, he threw it back at the archer, who couldn't even dream to dodge it. As the fight finished, Xavriel walked towards the corpse of the breton merchant, taking away his golden necklace, only to hear a squeak from not too far by. It was obviously, a bird, who took off right after it squeaked, leaving something light at the ground. Xavriel took it only to find it's a note. Even if he was blind, he was able to read and right well, since his fingertips could feel the letters.

Thorin

As he was in already in High Rock, and the Silent Crow Tavern wasn't too far away, he wanted to give a try to the letter. He got to the inn in a matter of minutes, went to the bartender, and asked for a Thorin. The man told him to go left, and so he did, approaching a table full of smells and sounds. He was about to introduce himself, however we wanted someone to notice him first

Navare

Savage Spirit

Thorin

Ah-Malz stood in disbelief as he read the letter, one eyebrow raised beneath his hood in a quizzical manner. "Me?" He chuckled, standing up from the wall he was leaning against as he tossed the letter to one side. "In that case, deepest apologies to you, my good sir. I'm afraid something has come up" The vampire squirmed and struggled on the ground, his shouts and screams muffled by his gag. "Yes yes, my experiments will have to wait. Do try not to...die on me, yes?" With a smile and a nod, Ah-Malz patted the vampire's head as left the small cabin, adjusting his robes as he began the walk to the Silent Crow Tavern. "Good thing he caught me while I was passing through High Rock"

Clearing his throat, he looked at the empty bottle attached to his robes, before throwing it to one side. "I really need to quit that stuff.." He mumbled, the effects wearing off as he returned to his calmer, more logical self. "Alas, there are more pressing matters at hand. Wouldn't like to keep this 'Thorin' waiting, now would we?" He continued sarcastically, his face showing no emotion as he rubbed his hands together, nearing the inn. Putting on a blatantly obvious fake smile, he approached the bartender "My good man" he said, tapping the table before the bartender. "Could you point me in the direction of a Thorin?"

The bartender responded with a smile and a nod, Ah-Malz's own smile dropping from his face as he got tired of keeping it up. "Alright, let's see what the story is.." He muttered, nearing the table.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    The Inn was very packed and the bartender looked as if he'd never seen so many people in his life. GroBenjii was leaning back drinking his mead watching the scene in front of him. A decomposing draugr was getting fired up by a pretty cat person and everone looked as though they could handle themselves in a bar fight... or worse.

Benjii was glad he made the trip though, the summons seemed legit and at worst he was getting a good perve of some very attractive and fit ladies. The Wood Elf in the custom leather armour was especially pleasing to the eye, Benjii thought.

The Orc felt it again and straightened up in attention; a subtle yet powerful wave of power. He had experienced it outside when Thorin had greeted him and as Benjii looked up he seen the Nord walk into the pub. Looking into his eyes, it was as though Thorin had lived a thousand interesting lives and this was just another day. However for GroBenjii (and he expected for everyone else as well) this was definetly not just another ordinary day.

Benjii took another long swig of mead and resumed leaning against the post just as a tanned Redgaurd showing lots of skin walked past. I do hope we get to wrestle later. The orc thought staring at her voluptuous ass with a cheeky smile.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    "Xavriel, Ah-Malz, humbled that you have decided to appear at this moment..I am Thorin," the Sky-Child greeted with a bow. "These are your fellow Champions: GroBenji of Skyrim, Koletis of Cyrodiil, Varulae of Valenwood, Jaoan of High Rock, Lairah of Hammerfell, Andali of Morrowind, Celedrial of the Isles, and Ra'Guja of Elsweyr," he introduced each Warrior with enthusiasm. "Like you, they too hath been summoned by me to this desolate place in hopes of achieving glory in a grand tournament not of this mortal realm." Thorin looked around, everyone seemed to be there. "Allow me to explain, away from prying ears...everyone place a hand on the table, if you would," he requested, the others nodding in compliance and placing one hand on the wooden table. Thorin placed his own hand on the table, and closed his eyes, drawing a strange energy up his arm. Within an instant, everyone that had placed a hand on the table was dwelling in a blank white area, every sound echoed through the cold air. "Worry not, we have not gone anywhere. This is the Parallel, a place where we can speak without having to guard our thoughts. Without getting to much into it, our conscious' are the only things inhabiting this world at the moment, your physical bodies are in the Tavern as we speak," Thorin explained. "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Thorin the Sky-Child, Guardian on Nirn. This tournament that you participate in was forged by the Divines as a way to combat the Daedric Prince Molag Bal, who craves to devour your world and merge it with his own. Victory in the tournament means that he will once again have to wait another century before attempting to take over again. Defeat...and the Demon will come a step closer to waging full war on your earth..." he stated gravely. "The Divines have sent me to be your guide through this conflict, to answer your questions and to ensure you utilize the full extent of your abilities...you are stronger than you know.."

"Now that I have told you a bit about whats going on, allow me to answer your own questions.." Thorin offered.

Writes-Many-Posts

Before Koletis could check if the cat's arrogance was big enough for him to dodge intimidation, he found himself, as well as all the others in a white dimension, thanks to him, by accident, having placed his hand on the table before. Somehow, it felt like neither his body or his armor or his chains weighed anything, although he felt his feet against the ground as he would back at the inn. Despite being new to such a location and very surprised, Koletis didn't feel the need to yell or show anger, and felt calm and controlled. After an explanation about the real enemy they would be fighting, the undead finally snapped to confusion. "Wait... If we aren't going to fight each other... What will we deal with?" After he spoke, and overcame the surprising echo that dimension allowed his voice to have, he finally took some time to inspect everyone that would fight with him instead of against him. Koletis was sure from the beginning that everyone would be quicker than him, but their power was the hardest math he had to do compared to his. Some of them looked tough, although not frightening. An exception could be made. There was a large, bulky dunmer, blind, which was very surprising for a champion, and he was the one that seemed to come out of that crowd as different. Koletis wasn't in a chatty mood, but he did evaluate him silently for a while.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts