Glitch [EXPLOIT]Skyrim Overpowered Character Guide

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
***In Order to get the full benefits of this Exploit it is recommended that you remove the 1.5 patch temporarily and create a new character***

Whether you're level 8 or level 80, its easy to get outnumbered in Skyrim. You might think you're a badass after you defeat your first Dragon, but, before you know it, two will be swooping down from the mountaintops to rip you apart. Lydia, may be one of Skyrim's best companions, but she can only help so much before they eat your beautiful housecarl alive. After the Dragons get over on you once it only gets worse. They'll start waiting outside of your Breezehome, slash your tires and send disrespectful emails to your wife, even if she is one of Skyrim's best marriages. Believe me, I know. Nobody wants that, not me, not you, not Lydia, so read the Skyrim Overpowered Character guide and show those Dragons who's who.

Alchemy
You only need to get up to the Benefactor perk (level 30), most easily accomplished by paying Arcadia in WhiteRun for Alchemy training

Smithing

Iron daggers are the most easily spammable item at a blacksmith forge, for a couple of reasons, and the main piece of equipment you'll want to keep spamming to get Smithing to 100. The best way to do this is travel to Whiterun because there are three possible blacksmith vendors to buy ingredients from.
Iron ingots, iron ore, leather and leather strips are the items you'll want to start hoarding. You can buy these from Adrianne Advenicci and Ulfberth War-Bear at Warmaiden's and Eorlund Gray-Mane at the Skyforge. Once you've got the ingredients, create as many iron daggers as you can and sell your results. You'll get all your money back from purchasing the ingredients when you sell the daggers back.

If you wait 48 hours, game time, the vendors' stock will replenish and you can rinse and repeat. Be sure to grab the Smithing perks that correspond to the armor you plan on wearing. I went for Deadric, but light armor wearers will want to grab Glass or Dragon. Above all, you'll want to grab the Arcan Blacksmith perk, so you can improve magical items, not that you'll need to after this though.

***Smithing only needs to be at a level corresponding to the armor you want to make***

Enchanting
The last of the skills you want to get to 100 is the Enchanting skill. Before anything, make sure you have the Mage Stone activated, located at the Guardian Stones location on your map, the same place you activated the Thief Stone. This will grant you a bonus 20% experience whenever you level up in Enchanting. Next up, you'll want as many petty soul gems as you can get. You can either buy these, wait 48 hours and buy more, or you can equip a companion with a Soul Trap weapon and load him or her up with all your empty soul gems. Before long you'll have a hoard of soul gems.
Once you're high enough in Smithing, instead of immediately selling those daggers back to purchase new ingredients, you'll want to head over to Dragonsreach. Using your plethora of soul gems, and the experience bonus from the Mage Stone, enchant your iron daggers with whichever enchantment you find yields you the most money. I use Paralyze, that way I can get all my money back and then some. Take that economy.

Be sure to move up the Enchanting skill tree to grab Insightful Enchanter and Extra Effect. You'll also want to drop five perks into Enchanter.

***I actually recommend getting Enchanting to 100 for the Double Enchanting perk at the top of that skill tree***(again, 100 is not necessary unless you want to double enchant your gear)

Crafting Armor
Once your skills and perks are all set up, create yourself a set of crafting gear. You'll need four pieces of gear, but a piece of chest armor can't be enchanted with Fortify Alchemy. Because of this, you'll want to double enchant a helmet, some bracers, a ring and a amulet with Fortify Alchemy and Fortify Smithing.
Wear this set of armor whenever you create anything.

Fortify Restoration Potions
While wearing your new set of crafting gear, head over to an Alchemy Lab and create a potion of Fortify Restoration. This can be made using Abecean Longfins, Cryodilic Spadetails, small antlers, salt piles and small pearls. You only need to use a combination of any two of these ingredients, so if you run out of one just start using another. Luckily, the enchantments on your gear qualify as Restoration magic, and when this potion is consumed, the bonus on your gear will increase.
From here, you'll want to keep using the new bonus to make a new Fortify Restoration potion. Because of the new bonus, each potion you make will be stronger and grant you an even more powerful bonus. Be sure to unequip your crafting gear and re-equip it after every potion you drink, otherwise the new bonus will not go into effect.

Using this method you can easily make a Fortify Restoration potion that grants you a 10,000% bonus to Restoration magic.
***The effects on these potions do stack, so while a potion you just made may read that it is giving you 145678%, after the multiple effects wear off you will see the real strength of the potion***when you reach the desired strength of fortify restoration potion make sure to crank out quite of a few of them

Fortify Smithing Potion
Once you hit your desired level of unrivaled, stupid-strong bonuses, make a potion of Fortify Smithing. You need to use any two of blisterwort, glowing mushroom, sabre cat tooth and Spriggan sap to create a potion of Fortify Smithing. Because of the Fortify Restoration potions ridiculous effect to your potion strength, the Fortify Smithing potion will produce an equal effect. Allowing for gear to be made 10,000% better than usual.
***I recommend making a few of these as the effect only lasts for 30 seconds***

Craft Armor

Head over to your favorite forge, down the Fortify Smithing potion and make your desired set of armor. Remember you only have 30 seconds of the effect, so either make a couple of these if you're a slow blacksmith, or have all your ingredients at hand and know exactly what you're doing before you drink the potion. In all honesty, the effects of this potion will be so stupid that it doesn't even matter what you want to improve. If you like the look of the Wolf or Blades armor, then just improve that. If you want the ultimate set of Daedric or Dragon armor, then create that instead. The armor world is your oyster.
****DO NOT drink the Fortify smithing potion just for the initial smithing of your gear, you only need to drink them when you are improving your gear(at the workbench or the grinding wheel)****

Craft Weapons
The same goes for your new weapons. If you really like the look of the Dawnbreaker or the Dragon's Bane, then just improve these weapons to ridiculous levels. Otherwise, whip up a million damage sword or bow and go to town.

Fortify Enchanting Potion
Head back over to the Alchemy Lab and pump out a Fortify Enchanting potion. You'll need any two of blue butterfly wing, Hagraven claw, snowberries and Spriggan sap to make the potion. Just like the Fortify Smithing potion, the restoration effects will transfer into this new enchanting potion and allow you to enchant your new weapons and armor with ridiculously strong effects. Create a couple of these if you think the 30 second time limit is too short for you to work with.

*** make atleast 1 for every piece of gear you are enchanting***

Enchant Equipment
Down your new Fortify Enchanting potion, hop on an Arcane Enchanter and equip your armor and weapons with the most ridiculous effects this side of Markarth. Just as with your new equipment, your enchantments will be so powerful that you don't really need to worry about which is best. Whatever you desire will be so strong already that nothing else matters.
If you like fire damage, throw it on there. If you want a frost and shock combination on your weapon, then do it. If you want all of your armor to increase your sneaking abilities, then who am I to say that it isn't worth it? You already have an armor rating of 7 billion and your sword already does 12 billion damage, do you really need to worry about whether fire or frost does more damage?

Destroy Everything
You are now a towering powerhouse of fear, power and destruction. Anything that stands in your way is a fool and you leave only blood and tears in your wake. You can hit Alduin himself so hard that he gets sent through space and time. Elder Scrolls? I don't need no stinkin' Elder Scrolls. I look down smugly at the Elder Scrolls.
At this point you might as well create a brooding tower and put your own flaming eye atop it, because Sauron will be asking you if you need anything. Darth Vader will call you his master and Magneto will be asking you for help.

****Additional Information****

To acquire the ingredients needed, either go out and find them OR camp the apothecary in your town of choice. just check their inventory, get what you need that is on the list, exit their dialogue, save, kill them and then reload. their inventory will reload as well. Repeat

if this was helpful to you, like and rep me

Tannia

you know, there is another version of this I have seen somewhere.. but this one is very much more straight forward and to the point

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
you know, there is another version of this I have seen somewhere.. but this one is very much more straight forward and to the point

I'm sure. I feel as if I have fine-tuned the process for maximum effectiveness

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
I will admit that while I have posted this strategy I have only used it once, I think everyone needs a God Character. I used it to get all of the achievements that I would not normally have gotten based on my play style.

Verses

I will admit that while I have posted this strategy I have only used it once, I think everyone needs a God Character. I used it to get all of the achievements that I would not normally have gotten based on my play style.

okay, no offense though i mean it's a great guide
buy just wondering why you would use something like this.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
okay, no offense though i mean it's a great guide
buy just wondering why you would use something like this.
SGT said he only used it once. It can help with role-playing, because some people might not want to use daedric. Instead you can use falmer armor or steel armor.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
well, while it may not agree with many peoples' play style here on this site, there are still many others that it probably does. Different strokes for different folks. Besides, sometimes it's fun to be something like a god

graxx

This is apparently fixed as far as the smithing goes, I spend more money on 1 iron ore and the leather than I get back for selling the dagger.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
This is apparently fixed as far as the smithing goes, I spend more money on 1 iron ore and the leather than I get back for selling the dagger.
the smithing IS fixed, the best way to perform this is to remove the 1.5 patch and create a new character. get to where you want to be and reinstall the 1.5 patch.

***In Order to get the full benefits of this Exploit it is recommended that you remove the 1.5 patch temporarily and create a new character***
^^^^^

first line

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
up?

Le Boss

I get that the smithing exploit does not work in 1.5, but does the glitch itself? I don't have an Xbox so I can't remove a patch without deleting ALL of my data :3.

Aetherguard

well, while it may not agree with many peoples' play style here on this site, there are still many others that it probably does. Different strokes for different folks. Besides, sometimes it's fun to be something like a god

Exactly... I play an Archer Mage and tried this out. I had to tweak some choices a bit, but I run around in a light blue dress, gauntlets, boots, and Circlet with an Elven Bow. Although only the gauntlets and boots have armor multipliers, the game doesn't descriminate body parts it just gives overall armor rating. My dress and circlet are enchanted for my magicka and sneak. This allows me to run around like Gwenivere on crack one-shotting everything that looks at me wrong. It is so much fun and I can focus on the exploring and story just for fun.

Oh! And, It does help with getting the achievements done I missed the first 3 characters.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts