Estrid's Journal: A Forgotten Life

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

ZPfor3

Arch-Mage/Harbinger in Training
This is journal of a once great Aldmeri Dominion Ambassador. On one of his travels to Skyrim, he was ambushed by a band of Nords and left to die in the cold. These are his tales and his misadventures.

Enjoy :)

Note: There will be no schedule, so to speak. I will post if I have the time to, this is mainly to help my writing for role plays and such. So criticism is welcome, but don't be a douchebag :D

ZPfor3

Fredas, 23rd of Frostfall, 4E 201

As the hunter's waved goodbye, I stopped to reflect on what I could. According to the hunters, they found me on the side of the road, nearly frozen to death. They don't really know how I survived, and niether do I. It was Esra's, one of the hunters, idea to bring me back to the camp. The other, Hadgar, didn't think they should be getting involved in whatever I had gotten myself into. Esra finally convinced Hadgar to come to his senses and show some Nord hospiliaty. I can't thank them enough for what they have done, they have given up so much of their preicious food and water to nurse me back to health. I will repay them someday. I said one last goodbye and I was off.

ZPfor3

Sundas, 25th of Frostfall, 4E 201

I have narrowed my choices of living space down to two places; outside or inside. I can't for the life of me decide if I want to stay in a town, where is it nice and safe, but boring and expensive, or live off the land and have a fun, exciting life, but be constantly looking over my shoulder to see if a sabrecat is about to kill me. Decisions, decisions.

While trying to decide where I will spend the rest of my life, I thought I had better go into town and get some supplies. I ran across this town called Rorkistead. It was a nice enough place, even though all the residents seemed completely obsessed with farming. Strange indeed. Nevertheless, I made my way to the inn to ask if there was a place in town where I could buy some potatoes (just the thought of them gets my stomach rumbling), furs, or something else of use. Unfortunately, no such place existed in Rorkistead. He said I should try my luck in Whiterun, and that I should seek out a man named Belethor, that he always has a good supply of.... well... goods.

I payed the man for a room and thanked him for the information. I will have to venture to Whiterun to see this Belethor tomorrow, for I am exhausted. I found a book on the table in my room that seems very interesting. It's called Fall of the Snow Prince. I read a few pages from it and slowly laid my head down as my eyelids became heavier and heavier.

ZPfor3

Turdas, 29th of Frostfall, 4E 201

I have made my decision. I shall be a boring town folk. I figured, why should I have to be worried ALL the time, when I could go hunt, be worried only while hunting, and then come back home, safe and sound? Anyway, back to my day.

I visited Belethor just like the innkeeper suggested and I was thoroughly... disappointed. While he had a nice supply of goods, nothing appealed to me. Now that I was going to be living in the town, I had no use of furs or armor. Even if I did go and venture out, I am a mage! After my initial depression, I was able to get some useful information out of him. When I asked, "Where could I learn more about magic?" he replied, "Go talk to the Jarl's Court Wizard up in Dragonsreach." Seeing the confused look on my face, be pointed to the tall building outside his window, on top of the hill. I thanked him and started up the stairs.

When I arrived in front of the palace, I was amazed at the level of craftsmanship the building possessed. I entered the room and made my way over to what looked like a wizard's workspace. Turns out, I was in the kitchen. I guess my mind is trying to tell me something... I thought to myself. Then I saw a delicious looking potato and almost devoured it right then and there when then approached by a rather angry looking Dark Elf by the name of Irileth. She asked why I was standing in the kitchen, holding a potato. I answered, "Yeah, ummmm, funny story... I'm looking for the court wizard?" She rolled her eyes and pointed across the hall, muttering something about idiot mages under her breath.

I was rather embarrassed, but quickly got over it when I started talking to Farengar, the court wizard. We talked for hours, it seemed, about spells and this place called the College of Winterhold. I made a mental note to visit that place someday.

It was starting to get late, so I said goodbye to my new friend and headed to The Bannered Mare. I payed for a room for the night and ate my second to last potato, capping off what had been an amazing day.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts