Does anyone else think Morrowind is better than Skyrim and Oblivion?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dram

the Dunmer
I like Morrowind. It is a difficult game where not paying attention for a minute will result in getting lost or killed. It is a game that I could not get through the first time without taking notes of things I had to do. It is a game where you can't fast travel. It is a game without auto-save. It is a game where you just have to find your way instead of looking plops up on a very detailed map.

...In short: It is a game that does not hold your hand. You just have to figure it out yourself. Hard work, concentration and rational thinking will be rewarded. It is not a game for everyone - and that is what I like about it. To me, Morrowind was a better adventure than Skyrim and Oblivion.

Kyzie

Keeper of the peace
Morrowind has always been my personal favorite, it just felt like such a different experience, and the storyline IMO is brilliant.
Morrowind is simply amazing.

FusRoDovah

These are 2 difficult RPG games which don't really give any indications about your goals and how to get there, you die fast and you need to have some skill to go through it, I stopped playing and I'll start again soon, I think you'd like them

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I am just a spoiled 17 year old who is used to 'modern' games. :p So for me Morrowind was a game I really had to get used to. But I definitely see your point. I totally agree on all the things you've said.

Dram

the Dunmer
I am just a spoiled 17 year old who is used to 'modern' games. :p So for me Morrowind was a game I really had to get used to. But I definitely see your point. I totally agree on all the things you've said.

Kids nowadays. *shakes head* ;)

Aldmereth

the Altmer
Morrowind will always have my love and appreciation. As already said, the game requires you to think for yourself. No fast travel, so you had to prepare for long journeys. The journal entries were pretty vague, forcing you to actually look around at your surroundings. All the while being trapped in an inhospitable and unforgiving land.

Morrowind was definitely a better adventure than Oblivion or Skyrim.

Dram

the Dunmer
Exactly. Morrowind is a real adventure. You actually feel threatened by your environment without the help of crosshairs, maps, compasses and questmenu's.

Zyphur

Not necessarily "better" but it does have it's own charm. I played Skyrim first and Morrowind was not easy for me to get into, lol. It is fun to not have a compass hold your hand, and lower graphics and no voice acting means there's a lot more you can do with mods and still have it flow with the game. I had so much fun modding Morrowind. <3 I haven't completed a whole lot of it because it's so big and because I've further expanded it so I still have lots of time to enjoy it without just having "memories" haha

I could do with a horse or something though. >.>

DarkRaiden

Sir Reginald Von Bartlesby
Well, I played Morrowind a lot.. A couple of years until Oblivion came out with their (back in the day) fancy graphics.

To be honest I think the storyline of Morrowind was truly great. I would say the best of them all, but I never played the previous games. The only thing that bothered me most about the game was that you really couldn't mix up between spells and melee fluently. I did like the fact that magicka was limited, but only when I was concentrating on the storyline. When I wanted to just mess around, it bothered me.

Morrowind has a richer environment/atmosphere and richer story over Oblivion and Skyrim. I never thought one game was better then the other, just different.

Stalker

I think Oblivion is my favorite but morrowind definitely comes in 2nd. Lots of nostalgia while playing morrowind. Oblivion was everything I wanted in a fantasy game since I was a kid!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I've come to this section of the forum because I've lately been interesting in obtaining Morrowind. From what little I've read, its seems that I should. It's for PS2, correct?

Stalker

I've come to this section of the forum because I've lately been interesting in obtaining Morrowind. From what little I've read, its seems that I should. It's for PS2, correct?

Nope not on the ps2. You can buy it for Pc or the first Xbox. The xbox version is backwards compatible so you can play on the 360 however there are a lot of issues when you play it on the 360.

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
Morrowind was a birthday gift from my older brother. It was my first TES experience. After a few hours of frustration and messing around with the character creator I finally settled on a Dunmer archer. I saw things no other game had. Adventure excitement battle and treasure galore. It is a game I always look at and return to with fondness that Oblivion and Skyrim just haven't earned yet.

cave812

dissenter
Morrowind was easily the best, it seems these days bethesda is obsessed with making engines that are so easy to to use a kid could make mods, but at the cost of making me keenly aware that im playing a video game at all time. I just cant emerse myself in oblivion and skyrim like I did Morrowind, and with skyrim, most of the time in a conversation you only have 1 or 2 options in dialouge and there not good or evil options, there smart or stupid options depending on what you wanna "roleplay". In morrowind you didnt even need dialouge options, you just mention the subject and you can fill in the blanks of what you said yourself, skyrim fills in the conversations with crap because they have voice actors for EVERY conversation nowadays so theres always a limited number of responses.

I've heard about that game, yes. [emoji14] What is it about?
It doesn't have a plot, so to speak. It has lore, but the game isn't story centered and you mostly play the game on your own agenda. I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

DjoReactor X

Excluding gameplay and combat, Morrowind is better than Skyrim and Oblivion. Morrowind has interesting map, soundtrack and story. Also I like how Bethesda decided to make the Nerevarine mysterious in Oblivion and Skyrim.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts