PS3 Does Anyone Else Have This Major Glitch?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheIvoryKitty

I've been looking this up, and I can only find one other person online talking about it ... and so I'm not sure what I should do too fix it.

I have that glitch after the game patch that makes it so you can't go into the water or the game freezes. So, I did what everyone says to do, which is to uninstall and reinstall Skyrim on the PS3. Unfortunately, when I went in to load up my last save, (and every time I try) it loads me into the middle of the sky, and I fall to my death. The next older save loads me underneath the floor. I finally found a save that still works, but it's quite old. My boyfriend has been doing the same quest over and over because his game keeps freezing, so he's already frustrated - so, I very sadly tried to load up his games, and he has the same problem. He either falls to his death, or starts beneath the floor. Again, I found a rather old save file that still works for him, but, he's pretty much had his limit of the glitches in Skyrim making it impossible to play.

So, the one person I saw online that had the same problem also couldn't start a new game because the new character would fall to THEIR death (I haven't tried this yet - I'm a little scared). He reinstalled his game again and then it started to work for him. I, however, am afraid that if I reinstall again I won't even be able to find any old saves that still work and we will be completely out of the ba-jillion hours that we've both played.

Does anyone have any advice / knowledge of this glitch? Is it worth reinstalling it again? :sadface:

PS: Also, I should mention that I have no downloads, no mods - nothing but the base game.

TheIvoryKitty

Also, if you try to create a new character, that character also starts high in the air and dies so... no new characters for me I guess. o_O

TheIvoryKitty

ANSWER: For anyone else ever searching the internet for the solution to this problem, it is indeed to re-reinstall the game. Just bite your lip and do it - even if your worried that more of your saves will get messed up.

The saves that had been messed up for my boyfriend and I were magically fixed - well, his were. I had stupidly deleted mine in a fit of rage, but hey, that's life! Lol!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts