• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bobassur

Looks like the new display cases in hearthfire don't have an 'activate' button, would be nice if it actually stored anything. However, no matter what item or position, it always bugs and when I come back home it's laying on the floor, flicking/flicked in the floor, wall, display case or half in and half out of it. If anyone can teach me how this works or inform me if Bethesta is or is going to work on that, I would thank!

NOVAwiz00

I was also curious about the display cases. I have tried everything to store stuff in them and haven't found a way.

Xivia4

That's how they wanted the Hearthfire display cases to work. You drop items into them so you're not limited to just weapons or daggers like Vindrel Hall.

bobassur

but no matter what i place, it bugs and get out of the display after. and there's mace of molag ball, that just dont fits in any display case

machine1k

I'm having the same issues. Everything pops out when I close glass. It is very frustrating!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
I just spent the last 2 hours sorting out all of my sh## out, one of the last the things I did was put my necromancer amulet in a display case, only it fell through the case and the table it was on and completely disapeared. The mannequins, weapon racks and the other display cases worked fine bloody typical the most expensive amulet is now lost forever.
igiveup.gif

Neriad13

Premium Member
I put my Blade of Falkreath in a display case in Lakeview Manor and a few days later, found that it had dropped through the table below and couldn't be retrieved. I also found that any weapons I put on the wall would slowly get eaten by the wall. However, a steel dagger that my daughter gave me has done perfectly fine in a display case, as well as a few notes that I put on display.

XbSuper

I just spent the last 2 hours sorting out all of my sh## out, one of the last the things I did was put my necromancer amulet in a display case, only it fell through the case and the table it was on and completely disapeared. The mannequins, weapon racks and the other display cases worked fine bloody typical the most expensive amulet is now lost forever

Take some time, and really search your house, the amulet is probably just stuck far in some random corner, and barely visible. I had a similar thing happen with the sword dawnbreaker, I eventually found it in a different room, with only the pommel of the sword protruding from the wall.