OOC Discerning the Transmundane (Currently Recruiting)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Hello RP'ers from all over. Roll up, roll up.
    This thread will be a Hermaeus Mora based RP as you may have guessed from the title. Just to set the story straight I shall elaborate.

The story will begin with the Septimus Signus quest and progress to the Dragonborn DLC content, albeit tweaked quite a bit. A word of caution, this WILL contain spoilers for the Dragonborn DLC so if you are a PC, PS3 or even an Xbox player who does not want the DLC spoiled I would advise you don't join the thread. Unless of course you don't mind dropping out after the Blackreach quest.
    The story will be set in chapters so please write it in the style of a book, the first chapter of which, shall be called: Come, My Champion. The story will start with my character meeting Septimus Signus and getting the "quest" if you will, and then trying to rally a team of skilled adventurers (You guys) to explore Blackreach and get the scroll. But they will get a bit more than they bargained for.

Rules:
    1.You MAY be a Dragonborn. Yes, I think this is about the only RP that allows multiple Dragonborns.
    2. If you are a Dragonborn, please try not be overpowered with the Thu'um.
    3. No Godmoding
    4. No killing other members or instigating a fight without their permission.
    5. Follow the above rules and their shouldn't be a problem. But more importantly.... HAVE FUN!
    6. Follow Rule 5
    7. Never brake rule 6
    8. Always keep rule 7 in mind. Failure to do so will result in another pointless rule.

I am mostly hosting but Arthonnen Nerevar will co-host it with me and view the applications. I also need another mod, preferably an experienced RP'er as we will also discuss the main progression of the thread and it's story. If you would like to be one say in your application.
    Characters:
    Leader of the party: Vahlok -------> Lord Spiffington II (Dragonborn) (Moderator of thread)
    Second in command: Forgarth-----> Arthonnen Nerevar (Mod)
    Leftenant: Aerinir ------------------> Aerinir
    Captain: Shakes-Many-Trees------> Captain Nagisus
    Warrior: Endryn Nevosi------------> Uskyldig
    Archer: Ashley----------------------> Sqeagy (Dragonborn)
    Assassin/Thief: Dar'ja--------------> D_A
    Mage: Anwrise Harr----------------> Anwrise888
    Quartermaster: Rizzora------------> Valhallrion (Dragonborn)
    Medic: Vahlok----------------------> Lord Spiffington II (Dragonborn) (Moderator of thread)
    Mercenary Auxilary (Other, please say): Ocato-Loremaster---> JevtaSRB

I think that covers everything, please tell me if I haven't. I'll see you in Apocrypha! :)

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    Applying for second in command.

Name: Forgarth (More commonly known as Archangel to Men, Gisa Tuarlle to Elves, Ri-Droja to Khajiits and Stares-through-Time to Argonians)

Race: Nord

Age: Born the end of the second era/begining of the third era

Appearance: Long, well groomed black hair pulled back into a pony tail. A slightly hooked nose and Amethyst coloured eyes. He looks very young but has a heavily scarred face. Around 6 foot 7 inches with broad shoulders. Wears armour as in the image but it is a black with red tint (Sorry image is so big) Instead of face mask shown in image he has a metal face mask like Azrael from Batman: Arkham City:
    Azrael+11+cover.jpg

Combat Preferences: Wields Claymores, (Despite image showing him wielding two katanas. At start of RP wields a Flaming Khopesh; hopefully later on he can wield the Bloodskal blade) and two shouts that seems to be carved into his memory since he was a child but only recently been of any use: Bend Will and Dragon Aspect. However during combat he simply prefers to flee, as he has recently discovered the power to turn into the greatest hunter of all time; a Falcon; at will

History: Born into the Skaal Village, he started as a hunter; but when he found his blade liked the taste of blood he turned to be a blade for hire. He evtually found a certain blade. The Bloodskal Blade. He accepted the blade. Forgarth picked up the Blade which proceeded to blast his face with energy, heavily scarring him. The blade had deemed him unworthy for the blade, and cursed him to oversee history, but never directly intervene. The Bloodskal Blade was lost. Forgarth observed the septim dynasty, the return of Dagoth Uhr, the Oblivion Crisis, the theft of an elder scroll and the return of the Dragons (to name a few); all the time searching for the Bloodskal Blade to give his life a reason again. (Just before the thread he thinks that Septimus Signus may have something to do with the blade.)

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Name: (Lord) Vahlok Cairn

Race: Nord

Class: Mage/Necromantic Healer

Beliefs: He worships Hermaeus Mora albeit secretly. Purely for his own self obsession with power, for whoever controls the flow of knowledge controls the flow off the battle. Little does he know a service to Herma-Mora is a service for life. (Poor Miraak)

Appearance: He has extremely good posture and a very well-spoken English accent. He stands tall above most others but is rather skinny for a man so tall. An aristocrat from birth he always wears expensive flowing robes and has jet black, swept back well kempt hair. He is fairly good looking and has that elegant appearance you would expect from a lord.

Personality: His arrogance will be his downfall. He believes himself above the common masses, far too intelligent and important to get his hands dirty with a large cumbersome blade or hammer. His disposition to most others who do not have the same status as him is always to look down. Vahlok is an extremely condescending individual even going as far as to back the Thalmor during their political take over of the Summerset Isles. His will and determination fuel his desire for power and knowledge, nothing is ever quite enough for him; choosing to pursue even greater heights as soon as achieving another goal has been completed, moreover somewhere in the back of his mind is a spark of compassion. But no one has seen that side of him for years.

Fighting style: He wields a sceptre in one hand that is a simple destruction staff to fight with if meler combat should arrive to him or to finish of his enemies his underlings are done. In the other hand he is typically seen conjuring the odd atronach or raising a few corpses. However where his true combat skill lies is in the school of restoration and his tongue. He charms his way through life often getting others to fight for him taking the deadly blows while he just watches then fight while keeping his underlings healed. His expertise in the restoration school allows him to heal his allies as they're no use to him dead, well the strong willed ones anyway. Mostly he just stands back while throwing in a few destruction spells here and there in the background while healing the allies.

Bio: Born on the island of Solstheim in the one surviving settlement there, Raven Rock, named after a legendary figure in the islands history his parents soon moved to the Summerset Isles and got rich when they supported the political takeover of the imperialistic Thalmor party. He was given everything he wanted but it was never enough, nothing ever was quite enough for the boy. As he grew older and more mature he never was the flirtatious "Mr Perfect" you would of expected him to be. He actually found himself absorbed in his studying for one of the best Arcane Universities in the newly named Aldmeri Dominion. During one of his studies he came upon books about the powerful Princes who rule the plains of Oblivion. The ones that stood out to him were the lord of ambition Mehrunes Dagon, and the lord of knowledge Hermaeus Mora or Herma-Mora as he had recalled from his time with the Skaal on Solstheim. He eventually found a way to contact Herma-Mora through the use of a curious summoning ritual. It caused the Demon of Knowledge to appear to him as a grotesque, writhing mass of tentacles. The prince manipulated him into agreeing to serve him with the promise of forbidden knowledge (A promise he hadn't broken) starting with curious knowledge of the arcane in which he could make better power with the restoration tree. After during his studies he met another aristocrat, a telvanni master called Neloth, whom he became friends with and worked with on numerous occasions. He told him about his encounter with Mora and Neloth seemed to find it useful, filing it for further study later. Eventually his studies have brought him to the province of Skyrim, but what he'll get.... Is a bit more than he bargained for......

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    The point of the thread isn't to all be Herma-Mora worshipers. The Bloodskaal blade is already explained lore wise in the DLC and is not property of Herma-Mora, nor was it owned by anyone like that prior. It wasn't lost, it was used by a miner on an expedition. Your character is a bit over the top also. This might be a bit much to ask Sid but could you please change the character? Also the point of the thread is that only Vahlok knows about Mora and Signus. I don't mean to be too controlling but there have to be boundaries and limits..... It's just a bit too powerful and has too old a character. Sorry :sadface:

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
    This makes me think that an RP story of the doomed Alftand expedition could be cool. It could kind of play out like the last Thing movie, with a bit of the novel Grendel thrown in.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    Applying for Captain.

Name: Shakes-Many-Trees
    Race: Argonian
    Class: Light-armoured spearman
    Beliefs: Shakes worships Sanguine in the privacy of his own home, as he is a large lover of debauchery. Openly, however, he worships Sithis, Anuiel and the Hist, the largely standard Argonian deities.

Appearance: 6'9". Lanky but still quite strong. Bad posture (though quite flexible). Has pale green scales, and yellow eyes with dilated pupils. Wears elven armour without a helmet in battle, but commonly wears regular green peasant clothes with a slightly patchy tailcoat.

Personality: Shakes is very impulsive, and often debauches. This is not to say he still isn't honourable - he stands up for his beliefs. He is also very profane...by Argonian standards. Most people do not understand what he's saying with his insults. Often he makes empty threats to people who annoy him...or trump him in an argument. If he runs out of threats, he will merely roar loudly.

Fighting style: Shakes shows most of his honour in direct combat, though he does not always fight in melee. He is prone to get carried away in direct combat, however, doing things such as do shoving poison into his enemy's mouth. When not fighting directly, he still attempts to be honourable, giving his foes a peaceful end. He is infamous in Senchal for killing a Dominion officer by poisoning his food with the slowest acting poison he could find, to "honour his worthiness."

Bio: Shakes was born and raised in Thorn. His parents owned the Merry Marsh Inn, a very rustic tavern. It was too common for the rich. His mother and father had rather strange views - every night they would tell him one day, they and all commoners would be the true leaders of the world. They used complicated Breton words that he barely understood, like bourgeoisie. These speeches were permanently drilled into his mind, and he ended up with an unhealthy dislike for authority.

When he got older, he moved to Leyawiin to join a guild of mercenaries, thugs and hired killers. Quickly he established an air of respect. By 29, he became leader of the guild. It was at 30 when he became infamous for the murder of an important officer in the Imperial Legion, Sergeant Giovanni, by poisoning his powdered deer penis.

He was called to Skyrim on a mission by one V. Cairn, for reasons Cairn would not share, with no specific mark. But after all...it would just be an ordinary mission...possibly.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    I'm doing it bit by bit, sometimes my kindle randomly logs me out. It's just a precaution.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    It's great but I don't mean to be rude when I say this.... I've explained this multiple times now, Septimus is not recruiting anyone. My character is the one who is recruiting people so that they don't know about Septimus or Mora, but other than that. Yeah, it's good.

D_A

I will be the thief/assassin Orange will be my color.

Name: Dar'Ja
    Race: Khajiit
    Class: Assassin/Thief
    Beliefs: He doesn't Practice any religion although he knows there are gods.

Appearance: He has a darkish Brown fur that makes him easily able to hide in the darkness. He is somewhat skinny but strong. He has a scar/chip in his ear. He is 6'0"

Personality: He doesn't trust people right from the start, but he will trust people through time and experience. Don't get on his bad side, it's hard to get to his good side once been to the bad. He likes to make sly, unneeded comments.

Fighting Style: He knows how to kill with a dagger and a Bow. He can also fight well unarmed, with the help of his claws. Her was also slightly trained in one handed weapons.

Bio: Sadly Dar'Ja Khajiit's family was very poor. He was forced to steal to get food, and much needed clothes. They were located in the Imperial city. He left due to a fight and went to Skyrim. He was then recruited by a small Bandit group. Dar'Ja was then the designated go in and kill silently guy, then the rest of the group took everything. One day there camp was attacked by Whiterun guards and most of them were killed. He and a few other survivors ran in separate directions during the attack and never went back. Now Dar'Ja is traveling the world waiting for a purpose once again.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    You can indeed. They are just the sort of outline, besides archers in real life also used weapons for close quarters. Though normally a pole axe but still, same principal.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts