• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Frozen Nord

If you built the cellar beneath your main hall and built the shrine base, did you build the Shrine to Talos in your cellar? Did you not care and just wanted the bonuses? Does your character believe in Talos and want his shrine there? Does your character believe in him but fear the Thalmor finding it? Is your character convinced he was only just a man and did not build the shrine?

Personally on my current character, I did build it because my character does believe in Talos and even though she's loyal to the Empire, she hates the Thalmor and is glad to risk discovery by defying them.

-The Ice Queen-

Rightful Queen of Skyrim
Being an OCD completionist, yes. It doesn't matter if my character believes in Talos, I just end up building it anyway, and never using it. Considering many of the children are Nords or Imperials, it would make sense to build it for them, at least.

JoeReese

I always try to build all the shrines, but I make sure I have a shrine of Arkay around whenever possible. 25 extra points of health is hard to argue with.

Reactions: Sah

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
I never have the resources on me to build them, and the load screen for getting in and out of the basement takes time. Wish it was in the same load space.

Chadonraz

Of course (well, technically I haven't built it yet with this character, but as soon as I find an amulet...).

I always play characters who are at most neutral regarding Talos, and I always end up "activating" dragon at one point or another, so there's no reason for me not to build the shrine of Talos.
Some of the other shrines (Dibella and Julianos, at least) I've left unbuilt once or twice, because my character has had absolutely no connection or interest to those particular Divines.

I plan to build a Shrine of Talos at Lakeview Manor on my main character, yeah. As soon as I can get the quest for the amulet done, that is. My main is a Bosmer so it's a bit odd but she does believe in Talos and even prays to him every so often. She believes he was Dragonborn as well and so looks to him for guidance on her own Dragonborn Path, so to speak. As for whether the Thalmor find the shrine, well she could really care less. Even if they somehow found her house out in the woods, got past her wife Mjoll and her Housecarl and herself and whatever follower she may have with her at the time - which is very slim of a chance obviously - they would still have to explain to the Jarl of Whiterun why they killed one of his Thanes. He has a Shrine of Talos in his city square ffs. So they'd have to go against the Jarl and all of Whiterun too, not to mention the Dovahkiin. And I mean, that's if my main is even home at the time. They'd have to find her and she's constantly on the move. She realizes all of this. So is she worried? Nah. She says bring it on. :/ Probably overthinking it a bit but oh well. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sah

hello this one name is Sah :)....she is a Lunari warrior :D...who currently is living in Skyrim :beermug: this one comes from a land far far far far away (are we there yet?)...so has no interest or anything to gain from the ongoing civil war that is raging on in Skyrim :sadface:...honesty this one cannot understand the concept of brother killing brothers over someone else ideals:confused:...this one has her own ideals and will start a cavil war if you don't like them!!!!:mad:...ummm.....sorry... as this one was saying; a stance of neutrality....but like it or not the stigma of this war is on me too. The reason this war exists, is also my main weapons power source...TALOS<3

this one confesses:eek:...she has a shrine of Talos:)....not just that, she wears the amulet proudly in public!:D...let them come:mad:.....because of unforeseen events in this one life, she has discovered that she has powers..the ability to shout just like the dragons do, Talos is Number one, the only GOD that brings her closer to my own kind ...He makes me stronger when it come to recovery allowing more shouting....only seconds to wait between shout use...yes he makes you the Dragon :pinkdragon:

The worship of Talos is a rewarding....20% or 40% less recharge time....and all you have to do is click on his shrine...and he turns you into a lethal weapon when it come to shouting and at the end of the day its nothing more than a simple CLICK to say thank you for benign with me for the last 7 hours of the day :Dovahkiin:

This one hopes you ask a question next time you have the blessing of Talos active and you do a shout.....that 10sec less recharge time had to come from some where?
HELP: Starts with TA & ends in LOS :confused:

or are you going to start saying hes not real:cool: a fake:cool: part of the program:cool: the code:cool: just numbers:cool: ...hmmmm:eek:..... Scientology:ashstab:

Voorth

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." - Josey Wales
I also plan on creating the Talos Shrine in my basement as soon as i finsh the Amulet quest....... and i should do it soon, as I have 4 Talos Amulets in my inventory i can't drop.... lol

Sah

ahhh Voorth ....did you get these Amulets of Talos after you started the side quest related to the beheading in Solitude?...you wont be able to get rid of the amulets till you finish the side quest. bad part the more amulets you find and collect the more you cant drop (once had 13 amulets....think its a glitch)

Voorth

Yes, you have it right.... 13? lol

Voorth

Wooo! I took the 3 minutes and completed the quest lol.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I built all the shrines - I'll use whichever deity suits me at the time, after all it is an exchange of services - prayer/worship for healing etc. Plus, you never know when visitors may drop by - by having them all I can accommodate all their needs.

mett1982

I did build the shrine to Talos but I built all of the shrines. I just wanted to build everything I could in my house. I did that in all of the 3 homes that you can build. It's a great way to get your smithing up.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts