Daedric vs Dragonbone Armor

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tor

Ok guys so I've seen many people saying that Daedric armor is better than dragonbone armor but it gets me thinking "why would daedric (that people says better) smithing require less smithing skill than dragonbone smithing?" Armor rating for the full daedric set (not enchanted or upgraded) is 144, while the dragonbone set only gives you 111 armor rating. For a untrained newbie eye (like mine) i would choose the daedric set straight away but if you take a closer look at the stat encumbrance dragonbone set total weight is 26 vs daedric that have a total weight of 96!

What set would you choose and why? Please discuss..

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Dragonplate. Daedric is better, yes, but it's also heavier. Dragonplate armor is just a little less in the armor rating, but it's also lighter.
Daedric's base armor rating is 144 as a whole set while weighing 96 units. Dragonplate's base armor is 138, but weighs only 79 units.

DragonSCALE armor is light armor. It weighs 26 units while offering 111 units. With that alone, it could easily be considered the best armor in the game if your character prefers light armor.

I prefer Dragon armor for a couple reasons: it looks better to me (except the plate helmet-- is that ugly enough? And it doesn't match the other plate armor pieces very well), it's made with materials earned by slaying dragons and NOT by buying ebony ingots (or mining them, but ebony veins are rare), and it's stats are (when put into perspective) better.

The daedric helmet also bothers me greatly with its lack of symmetry.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The weight difference is negligible and many players that wear Daedric armor negate the minor difference completely by either taking the Conditioning perk or using the Steed Stone. Both can easily reach the displayed armor rating required to get the maximum for physical damage resistance so it's really just an aesthetic choice. I don't use heavy armor but I put Daedric armor on Lydia because I like the way it looks.

standalone

Reactions: Tor

Ecstatic7213

I chose dragonplate armor because I thought that since I was dragonborn what better then to wear their bone to protect me from their bite. I also wanted lighter armor opposed to heavier because I seem to be over the weight limit a lot, any small bit of weight reduction helps.

Reactions: Tor

Tor

I have noticed the guards says something like "Light armored means light on your feet, smart." when using dragonbone armor.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I have noticed the guards says something like "Light armored means light on your feet, smart." when using dragonbone armor.
Guard comments like that relate to your skill level not what you are currently wearing. I have had guards comment on all sorts of weapon and armors while not equipped with them because they are all 100.

Tor

Guard comments like that relate to your skill level not what you are currently wearing. I have had guards comment on all sorts of weapon and armors while not equipped with them because they are all 100.
I have more heavy armor skill than light, does that matter?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts