CTD issue, not sure why but dont suspect mods

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I am using a lot of mods, but I dont think its a mod conflict issue, rather a video memory issue. The max video memory I have is 3072 MB. The game never uses more than 3020MB. I have run loot to ensure mod load order and I dont think I have any mods that are less than 5k endorsements so I believe them to be all reliable safe mods. All mods are clean unless specifically listed otherwise (convenient horses). I used SMC to make my texture upgrades. I have attached a list of my mods. I think Ill have to go through SMC and redo my choices of textures.

Please help me identify the issue, I want to play skyrim not continue to keep trying to troubleshoot it. I know it can be made completely stable, a long time ago with lesser hardware (and lesser mods I admit) I had it completely stable. Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• modlist.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 1

A.Auditore

maybe...
is it crashing when you first start it up? or during game play? if it's crashing when you first load there are mods conflicting with one another, if it's during game play, I don't know the issue as it has happened to me before but i think that's because I am playing a long time and the game starts lagging and then my driver decides to just quit.

It crashes during gameplay. Ill be running along in the woods, and then crash. Or Ill zone into or out of somewhere, crash. I uninstalled my SMC mod and did a test and found that it cut my video ram usage by half. And during ym testing, flying around all of skyrim, it never once crashed. I am redoing my SMC now, however I cant seem to reduce the amount of textures used, I love them all too much lol. In the end Ill probably have to go through all of my texture mods and download the MQ ones as I am using HQ for most everything right now.

It crashes during gameplay. Ill be running along in the woods, and then crash. Or Ill zone into or out of somewhere, crash. I uninstalled my SMC mod and did a test and found that it cut my video ram usage by half. And during ym testing, flying around all of skyrim, it never once crashed. I am redoing my SMC now, however I cant seem to reduce the amount of textures used, I love them all too much lol. In the end Ill probably have to go through all of my texture mods and download the MQ ones as I am using HQ for most everything right now.

I have found that sometimes, if I CTD then restart my game, that it will crash while loading. Thats why I wonder if the mods in my mod list might have some incompatibilities or something.

A.Auditore

maybe...
I believe that if it crashes when you first start it up then mods are conflicting otherwise it's something else (don't quote me I'm still learning as I move along but most is just from personal experience) I have an ancient computer that I'm using for skyrim and it crashes at times during game play and my lil error thing just says the driver stopped responding so at least I know that it's not the mods I loaded messing with each other

It never crashes at first start up. Its hard to explain fully, but I never ever have a problem getting to main menu. It is very rare I get a CTD. But sometimes when I do, if I try to reload my save it will keep ctd. I usually have to laod a save that is inside my house, then from there I can load my most recent one which is outdoors. So it does seem like its a video memory issue. Even having scaled down SMC I still am hitting 3048MB on my vid card. Gonna have to trim it down more I think.

Trailman80

You have a mod conflict.I had this when I ran Real ENB. I was just randomly putting in mods and not following the recommended mods to use for the ENB. When I got to the stone pillars it would randomly crash.

That means you have a mod conflict that is not loading.

Ancano

High Justiciar
Couldn't you just start turning off mods? Like get to a point where the game is crashing (and save often beforehand) then turn off a few mods at a time until the game no longer crashes. Works for me every time. At least you could identify the mod(s) causing the problem(s). Then do a cleansave once the problem is corrected.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts