Conjuration Ritual Glitch. Help please

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tim W

I am playing Skyrim on Xbox360 and am stuck on the Conjuration Ritual quest.
I have achieved level 90, spoke with Phinis to learn the spell, and went up to the spot where I am to summon the unbound Dremora. The problem is that when I attempt to cast the spell, it doesn't complete the cast. Thus, no Dremora, no sigil, and of course no Thralls :sadface:
I have looked on-line and have not read any similar glitches. Am I doing something wrong? Are there quests that I need to do before this? Did I skip necessary dialog? Has anyone had this problem? I have repeatedly tried again from a previous save point and of course got the same results. I am going to be very disappointed if this means I won't ever be able to perform the best conjuration spells. I suppose getting to have two atronachs or reanimated zombies is something good to look forward to, but that pales in comparison to having the master conjuration spells.

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
I am playing Skyrim on Xbox360 and am stuck on the Conjuration Ritual quest.
I have achieved level 90, spoke with Phinis to learn the spell, and went up to the spot where I am to summon the unbound Dremora. The problem is that when I attempt to cast the spell, it doesn't complete the cast. Thus, no Dremora, no sigil, and of course no Thralls :sadface:
I have looked on-line and have not read any similar glitches. Am I doing something wrong? Are there quests that I need to do before this? Did I skip necessary dialog? Has anyone had this problem? I have repeatedly tried again from a previous save point and of course got the same results. I am going to be very disappointed if this means I won't ever be able to perform the best conjuration spells. I suppose getting to have two atronachs or reanimated zombies is something good to look forward to, but that pales in comparison to having the master conjuration spells.
What do you mean by it not completing the spell? I have Xbox. :)

Tim W

When I cast the spell, it ends abruptly and nothing happens. I got the sense that it was cut off in mid cast because it only took about two seconds. For whatever reason, I cast the spell and nothing happens

General Charles Xander

When I cast the spell, it ends abruptly and nothing happens. I got the sense that it was cut off in mid cast because it only took about two seconds. For whatever reason, I cast the spell and nothing happens
You either don't have enough Magicka, (unlikely) or you either have too many summons out. Any dead thralls out? Or atranochs?

Tim W

The only one near me is my companion: Lydia. Is she too intimidating? Should I send her packing?

General Charles Xander

The only one near me is my companion: Lydia. Is she too intimidating? Should I send her packing?
No no, just uh....give her a little "push" of the edge....with your voice...:p

General Charles Xander

But try letting her go, make as many thralls as you can, fast travel, then try again.. Or simply hold the spell as long as you can.

Tim W

Make as many thralls as I can? I cannot make any. But it sounds like you are saying that there are no prerequisites of which I am unaware. Thats something, anyway

General Charles Xander

Make as many thralls as I can? I cannot make any. But it sounds like you are saying that there are no prerequisites of which I am unaware
You know, reanimate a corpse or summon an atranoch.

General Charles Xander

do you have to dual-cast it? I just brain-storming here.
I found this on UESP, did this happen?
  • There is a bug involving the use of followers in this quest. Followers tend to attack the Dremora immediately after being summoned, allowing no dialogue to pass and preventing the Dragonborn from re-conjuring it.

General Charles Xander

Tim W

if only it were that simple. no one is attacking it because It never shows up. :sadface:

I appreciate your attempts to help, by the way.

General Charles Xander

if only it were that simple. no one is attacking it because It never shows up. :sadface:

I appreciate your attempts to help, by the way.
No problem, I'm happy to help....even though I have no idea! :D
But I will stay and try! @-@

Tim W

I even tracked down his old tutor, Falian, to see if he had any advice. He wasn't very talkative.
by the way, when you find him in the swamp, can you get him to bribe you multiple times? That could be easy money.

General Charles Xander

I even tracked down his old tutor, Falian, to see if he had any advice. He wasn't very talkative.
by the way, when you find him in the swamp, can you get him to bribe you multiple times? That could be easy money.
Yea, but you have to have a high speech, otherwise it's like 100 gold or something. :/

General Charles Xander

Try leaving the hall of countenance, then wait 24 hours outside and try again. If not, then reload a save.

Tim W

"Try leaving the hall of countenance, then wait 24 hours outside and try again. If not, then reload a save."

I haven't experimented with waiting/sleeping. I'll give that a shot when I get home. It help just knowing that the problem isn't because I didn't do certain quests. At least I don't have consider that.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
You gave to cast the spell above the hall of attainment top floor/Roof

Are you casting it right, hold it on until your characters hands are glowing with their back bent. then let go

It has to be cast AT the symbol in the candlelit circle. Anywhere else wont summon anything.

The spell costs 0 magicka so Mana is not the issue here.

You cant one hand cast this spell, its default is dual even if you pressed one trigger, the game auto switches

Tim W

Hmm. Maybe my timing was wrong or I wasn't casting it right at the spot. Sounds promising. Now that I think about it, it makes sense that I might be pulling, but not holding the trigger. That would explain a short cast time. Feeling pretty optimistic that it is one of those two things :)

I am not home right now so I cannot give you feedback right away, but I'll let you know tomorrow.

That would really be something if at summoning level 92, I still needed tutoring about the basics in how to cast a spell.

;)

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts