• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zach

My game is bugged to where it says I have a follower/companion even though I don't. While trying to start the "purification" quest to cure Vilkas and myself of the werewolf blood, I would start the quest and Vilkas would follow me, however as soon as i would leave the room, Vilkas would stop following and the quest would just disappear. I tried talking to him and starting the quest again and it did the same thing. Then i asked him to follow me as a companion and said i already had one. I tried many other followers including the housecarl and wife, and they all say i already have a follower. But i cant find him/her or get rid of them. Is there any way TO get rid of my current follower maybe like a console command?

Deathjest

I had to use console commands to finish Vilkas's purity quest.
Then, I've read there's a bug that you shouldn't try Farkas right after Vilkas or vice versa.
The wiki suggests doing a quest for Aela in between.

If you already have a witchead in your inventory run
setstage cr13 20

If not run
setstage cr13 10 then setstage cr13 20.

Even then i couldn't activate the pillar and had to run another command to finish the quest.
setstage cr13 100

Aeriene

It seems that a lot of people have the follower bug. I also can't take anybody with me, because I've "already got somebody with me" even if I never took any follower :/ I really hope that somebody will find solution to this, personally I think if we knew the right command to get player out of the faction that makes this dialogue happen, then we maybe could solve this problem..

Skip

I just ran into the same problem (lvl 43 Nord Warrior/Werewolf*Duel Axe's*)
I read up on the elderscrolls wiki its a common bug that pretty much happens to EVERYONE who gets Vilk's Purity quest before Farkas'.... and im playing on X-box...
From what I can find on the wonderful interwebz, the quest was designed to cure Farkas first... then Vilkas.. so the bug in itself is getting Vilkas' first.
I've read that if you complete all of the Huntress' quests first(Totems of Hircine)... the bug doesn't happen. This I haven't done just yet(trying that on another save) so I cannot confirm. I have also Married Aela so I know that doesn't affect the bug.
So-- the fix I found on the wiki is.... load a previous save, talk to Vilkas.. when he talks about the personal matter... end conversation and go find Farkas and talk to him.(Make sure you have the witch's head(s) in your inventory) and he should give you his quest. I have tried it with having Farkas as a follower before talking to Vilkas and him giving me the quest, and it still bugged as soon as I hit a loading screen
IE: leaving Jorrvaskar. All I did was let Vilkas go somewhere else... like the living quarters in Jorrvaskar in my save.. and he gave me a regular quest again instead of talking to me about the "personal matter"(still had Farkas as a follower) and that fixed it for me!!! Once I did a few quests for Vilkas I was back on track!

zzappyy

I just ran into the same problem (lvl 43 Nord Warrior/Werewolf*Duel Axe's*)
I read up on the elderscrolls wiki its a common bug that pretty much happens to EVERYONE who gets Vilk's Purity quest before Farkas'.... and im playing on X-box...
From what I can find on the wonderful interwebz, the quest was designed to cure Farkas first... then Vilkas.. so the bug in itself is getting Vilkas' first.
I've read that if you complete all of the Huntress' quests first(Totems of Hircine)... the bug doesn't happen. This I haven't done just yet(trying that on another save) so I cannot confirm. I have also Married Aela so I know that doesn't affect the bug.
So-- the fix I found on the wiki is.... load a previous save, talk to Vilkas.. when he talks about the personal matter... end conversation and go find Farkas and talk to him.(Make sure you have the witch's head(s) in your inventory) and he should give you his quest. I have tried it with having Farkas as a follower before talking to Vilkas and him giving me the quest, and it still bugged as soon as I hit a loading screen
IE: leaving Jorrvaskar. All I did was let Vilkas go somewhere else... like the living quarters in Jorrvaskar in my save.. and he gave me a regular quest again instead of talking to me about the "personal matter"(still had Farkas as a follower) and that fixed it for me!!! Once I did a few quests for Vilkas I was back on track!

I have a companion problem when i go to hire someone it doesnt work. And i wonder if this is how it happened. I was doing the The Taste Of Death deadric artifact quest and i killed my companion. And im wondering if the game still thinks i have him as a companion.

Also i have a problem with the cmpanions guild. Whenever i go near vilskas or farkskas the both automatticly turn my toon to them and they will never stop trying to talk to me it will just happen over and over again and its taking away from my enjoyment of skyrim

redbeer77

Hey all,

So, Vilkas sent me on the purity quest, but then wouldn't follow me or refer to the quest again, but that isn't the worst of it. I then took another gig from him, to rescue a Solitude man from Morvunskarr, but when I try to go into Morvunskarr(sp?), the game crashes!!!!!!! When I turn it back on, I still can't get a follower. I don't know how much more I can take.

heyz0mbiez

I've gotten the same problem. You're *supposed* to complete Farkas's quest before Vilkas's. But if you're like me and don't have a previous save to revert to, I've heard that completing the Dark Brotherhood questline shakes the bug loose, but I can't confirm or deny that just yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

heyz0mbiez

UPDATE: I completed one of Aela's totem fetching quests and it fixed it right up for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts