• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Slowbro

is there some random factor that determines your character's height at creation?

my argonian male towers over everyone but the elves at the college

my khajiit male seems extremely short, being shorter than the other male khajiits

my khajiit female is even tinier, a head shorter than serana and other female characters

maybe i just didn't realize how short khajiits are? they would strike me as being tall, being savanna dwellers and all. but that still doesn't explain my argonian...

Falmer19

Each specify race has a pre- determined height. Bosmer are the shortest, and Altmer are the tallest. That the extent of my knowledge.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Skyrim:Races - UESPWiki

This link will show you the height of all the races. Some of them are influenced by gender as well. Breton female and Khajiit female are the shortest at .95 height. Wood Elf males are next at .98 height. Argonian female, Wood Elf female, Breton male, Dark Elf, Imperial, Khajiit male, and Redguard female are all 1 height. Redguard male is 1.005. Argonian male is 1.01. Nords are 1.03. Orcs are 1.045. High Elves are 1.08.

I have observed that sometimes your character height gets glitched and set to 1 no matter the race. For instance, I had a High Elf character that suddenly became 1 height, and was much shorter than other High Elves. I used the console command setscale 1 to return him to his 1.08 height. When playing in first person view, the "eyes" are always at 1 (for taller characters, the eyes can be .95 or .98 for the shorties), even though the character may be 1.08. When playing in third person view, you can see that your character should be the correct height, unless it has become glitched somehow. I don't know how to fix height glitches for console users.

Slowbro

even if it turned out to be a glitch, it would still be quiet interesting. i just find it funny how my argonian looks like an awkward tree normally, but is completely imasculated by Faralda's towering height.

but now that I think about it, he may very well be glitched. because when i made him i was sure that he had pupils. and just the other day i zoomed in on his face and he no longer had any. all i could think was that maybe his lycanthropy made his pupils silver, and they just don't contrast against his blue irises? or maybe the blue irises don't come with pupils and i'm just crazy and can't remember...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts